• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
The Excel Connector works great.  I'm using it successfully lots of ways.  But I have a problem.

I have code that runs fine when it's stored in a Module in "personal.xls", which is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\XLSTART.
However, it's difficult to maintain the code from that location.  I'd like to place the application on a shared drive.  This means that my "template" workbook.xls would need the code stored in "Module 1" or "This Workbook".  However, when I copy the code there, it won't work.  I get the error "Compile Error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the code: "sforce_connector"

I use the following sforce commands at various points in this application:
sforce_connector.logout
varUsersName = sforce_connector.sfUserName(strSfUserID)
sforce_connector.sfQuery
sforce_connector.sfInsertRow

They all work fine when stored in "personal.xls" but won't work in a standard workbook.  I don't understand why.  Thanks for your help.

Hello,
I have a mismatch between the "Reports" feature of Salesforce, and the Excel Connector.

While in "Reports", I select the Account table, choose a few fields to view, and select "all visible accounts" and set my start date to 1/1/1999 with no end date.  Our company started in 2003, so that includes all Accounts.  Then I "Export Details to Excel".
Using Reports, my record count is 5322

When I use the Excel connector, I choose every column in the Account table, and add NO selection criteria for the query.
Using the Excel Connecor, my record count is 318. 

When I noticed the discrepancy, I checked a few of the account records, placed them in edit mode and saved the record.  Once I did that, the Excel Connector seemed to pull down the recently edited account when I re-ran the query, increasing my record count.  But it's a far cry from the 5000 records that the Excel Connector does NOT pull down.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I pull down ALL records using the Excel connector.

I've downloaded the sforce_connector PE and it works GREAT on most machines. On a few however, it won't install. I get a message from Microsoft/VisualBasic that says "Can't find Project or Library. Then it asks me for the sforce_connector password.
Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know the password to the XLA? Maybe I can debug it on my own.
Neither "ttytytytyty" nor "sett" work

Many Thanks. Phil

I've downloaded the sforce_connector PE and it works GREAT on most machines. On a few however, it won't install. I get a message from Microsoft/VisualBasic that says "Can't find Project or Library. Then it asks me for the sforce_connector password.
Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know the password to the XLA? Maybe I can debug it on my own.

Many Thanks. Phil

Hello,
The Excel Connector works great.  I'm using it successfully lots of ways.  But I have a problem.

I have code that runs fine when it's stored in a Module in "personal.xls", which is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\XLSTART.
However, it's difficult to maintain the code from that location.  I'd like to place the application on a shared drive.  This means that my "template" workbook.xls would need the code stored in "Module 1" or "This Workbook".  However, when I copy the code there, it won't work.  I get the error "Compile Error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the code: "sforce_connector"

I use the following sforce commands at various points in this application:
sforce_connector.logout
varUsersName = sforce_connector.sfUserName(strSfUserID)
sforce_connector.sfQuery
sforce_connector.sfInsertRow

They all work fine when stored in "personal.xls" but won't work in a standard workbook.  I don't understand why.  Thanks for your help.

Hello,
I have a mismatch between the "Reports" feature of Salesforce, and the Excel Connector.

While in "Reports", I select the Account table, choose a few fields to view, and select "all visible accounts" and set my start date to 1/1/1999 with no end date.  Our company started in 2003, so that includes all Accounts.  Then I "Export Details to Excel".
Using Reports, my record count is 5322

When I use the Excel connector, I choose every column in the Account table, and add NO selection criteria for the query.
Using the Excel Connecor, my record count is 318. 

When I noticed the discrepancy, I checked a few of the account records, placed them in edit mode and saved the record.  Once I did that, the Excel Connector seemed to pull down the recently edited account when I re-ran the query, increasing my record count.  But it's a far cry from the 5000 records that the Excel Connector does NOT pull down.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I pull down ALL records using the Excel connector.

Many Thanks. Phil