• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The Type field for an account is causing the error on the subject line in the Partner API. This field is valid based on the DescribeSObject call. I tried setting the namespace to avoid name collisions without any effect. Here's the java code:

MessageElement me = new MessageElement(new QName("type"), "Customer - Channel");
me.setNamespaceURI(
"urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com");

The resulting SOAP XML (extract) looks like this:

<ns17:type xmlns:ns17="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">Customer - Channel</ns17:type>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

• September 11, 2007
We were alarmed to find that attempts to view our AppExchange's application datasheet (PDF file) were failing in Internet Explorer with the error: "The file could not be written to the cache". It turns out any AppExchange file download will fail if the AppExchange web page is displayed with HTTPS (SSL).

I think there's two fixes:
1) force all AppExchange pages to display non encrypted (HTTP).
2) Review header settings used to make sure they don't interfer with PDF downloads
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Store" header.
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Cache" header.

Who know how many customers were frustrated when attempting to get more information from AppExchange due to this issue.

Regards,

-- Mark

We were alarmed to find that attempts to view our AppExchange's application datasheet (PDF file) were failing in Internet Explorer with the error: "The file could not be written to the cache". It turns out any AppExchange file download will fail if the AppExchange web page is displayed with HTTPS (SSL).

I think there's two fixes:
1) force all AppExchange pages to display non encrypted (HTTP).
2) Review header settings used to make sure they don't interfer with PDF downloads
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Store" header.
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Cache" header.

Who know how many customers were frustrated when attempting to get more information from AppExchange due to this issue.

Regards,

-- Mark