• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Will the meta data api be available through the Office Toolkit anytime soon?
Hi,

I need atleast one and possibly a couple more S-Controls built.

If you know what you're doing should be pretty quick - you may already have some of this done.

First need is for a form to collect info for a new opportunity in a pop up form.  

User clicks "New Opportunity" button and a form pops up.
Collect basic info on the opportunity from a couple of standard fields (account, amount, close date) and atleast one custom field which will be a pick list.  This is likely to change (ie more/different fields added) so it needs to be built in a flexible manner

Once the info is collected, submit action on the form should create the opportunity record.  When creating the opportunity, the value in the custom pick list and the name of the account should be concatenated and placed in the Opportunity Name field. 

The user should be taken to the Opportunity Detail screen for the new opportunity - not the Opportunity Edit Screen.

If this one works out well, I'll probably have you build another S-Control that works in a similar fashion.  This will be a little more complicated though because it will collect info for the Account Object as well as a custom object that is a child to an account.  The script will need to create the Account Object, then the custom object and then take the user to the detail record of the custom object that was created.

All of this can be done remotely...please provide screen shots of similar Scontrols and an hourly rate and estimate of the time to complete the first one.

Thanks

Kevin

I am attempting to update some records that exist in Salesforce and an Access database.

I have a table in Access that has Event records, each record has a SFDC Event ID.

I am trying to write some values that were updated in the Access table to SFDC.  About 10% of the records cannot be updated because the API reports that the record does not exist.  When I append the Event ID to the www.salesforce.com/ after I am logged in with a browser, I am able to see the record.  I also built a query using the Salesforce Explorer and the record is not returned there either.

THanks

Kevin
I want to create an interface for Contacts to update some records in a custom object and I am thinking I might be able to do this via the self service portal.
Is it possible to launch an S control that would be an HTML form whose submit action would write the data into the SFDC Database?

I could probably host the page elsewhere but I'd rather keep everything up in Salesforce

Thanks

Kevin
Hi,

Is there a limit to accounts/contacts in Developer Edition?

Is it possible to upgrade a Developer Edition org to Professional or Enterprise?

Thanks

Kevin
I was trying to find info on this and could not find anything...so I am posting the solution that I was able to come up with.

By default, Office Toolkit uses API 6.0 and it is not necessary to set the URL that you are using.  Changing to the 7.0 API is easy with the addition of one line of code. 
Not sure how long this URL will be valid.  I found it by first logging in using the default and then wrote the Server URL of oSFDC_Session to the debug window.  This gave me "https://na2-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/6.0" and I simply replaced "6.0" with "7.0"

'create a session object
Set oSFDC_Session = New SForceOfficeToolkitLib3.SForceSession3
oSFDC_Session.SetServerUrl "https://na2-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0"

'make a login call
oSFDC_Session.Login GetSFDCUserName, GetSFDCPassword

I have a concept for a AppExchange app that will likely require .net development.  If you are skilled in SFDC API and .net development and you are based in Denver/Boulder please contact me @ kevin.kelly@app-x.com

Kevin Kelly
Hello,

I am an independent contractor looking for Trainning and/or Instruction Design work.  I have samples of my work available.
I have trained thousands of people in the following topics:
Salesforce Basics
SFDC Navigation
SFDC Reports
etc.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Giselle
gmr2468@yahoo.com
I am attempting to update some records that exist in Salesforce and an Access database.

I have a table in Access that has Event records, each record has a SFDC Event ID.

I am trying to write some values that were updated in the Access table to SFDC.  About 10% of the records cannot be updated because the API reports that the record does not exist.  When I append the Event ID to the www.salesforce.com/ after I am logged in with a browser, I am able to see the record.  I also built a query using the Salesforce Explorer and the record is not returned there either.

THanks

Kevin

I am trying to figure out how to retrieve the ID of a Custom object I have connected to Contacts by lookup relationship.

To be specific:

Custom Object name is "Employer Group".

The Contact object has a lookup rel. to Employer Group object.

So a Contact is related to One Employer Group only.

Employer Group can have many contacts associated to it.

When I use "Select * from Contact" for example,

how can I figure out what Employer Group is a Contact related to?

I listed all the fields that the Contact SObject3 contains and could not find one referring to Employer Group.

But when I list the fields for Contact, there is the Emoployer Group field. In Office edition in Word, Listed are the Employer Group and the Employer Group :ID fields.

Thanks.

Myk.

• March 23, 2006