• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a "Order" custom object hanging of an opportunity. What I need to do is have a custom button where I  click to create a new order object hanging of the opportunity. Now when the person is in the edit mode, I need to have the information from the opportunity fields already pre filled. Also, I would like information from the contact related to the opportunity prefilled in the edit mode.

I haven't written AJAX s-controls before, so please advise me, if this is possible, and if not what is the best work around? Also, what the best way to approach doing this?

Thanks!
  • August 06, 2007
I can't figure out a way to connect to my sandbox account in eclipse, I can only connect to production account. Is there a way to connect to sandbox throught the eclipse interface when editing s-controls because im too reluctant to make changes in my live production account first?
In out salesforce setup, at the case level, there is a drop down pick list that allows you to indicate which department the case was escalated to, if the cases need to be escalated.

It would be great that when in the edit case page the "escalated to" field is changed from "none" to "billing" or anything else, immediatly and automatically the case status drop down pick list would be  changed to "escalated" and the action drop down field would be also changed to "escalated to different department".

Currently, once the escalated to drop down box is changed from none to something else, the agents have to pick these other two fields manually. I wish this processes should be automated.

I looked into validation rules, but they do not accomplish what i need because 1) these rules apply only 95% of the time and 2) fields arent changed automatically like i want but only an error message is given and agent still has to manually pick the right fields. Also dependant picklists wont solve this, because case status and action are generic. Also, making escalated to a dependant picklist of status would partly solve the problem, however, the action drop down list would still be independant since it also applies to all cases.

I dont think having default picklist values based on previous choices, is currently supported during the edit page process, but it would be great if it was.
I am looking for a way to include a field to indicate the status of an case using a picture instead of text. For example, if its a high profile case there needs to be a icon alert that shows up to really make it clear. Also, the managers want to be able to choose which icon is displayed.

Whats the best way to go about configuring hard to miss alerts at the case level?
Our department does not wish to reveal the email addresses of support agents because they do not want a client to be able to contact an agent directly (clogs down some agents while frees up others). However, when an email template is sent out the from field is auto populated by the agents email. How do I set up an email template so that the from address in an email reads clientservices@ourcompany.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My manager has a hard time believing that this cant be done with basic configuration but after talking to a gold support representative I got the idea that it cannot be done.

All I need done is have an email template be sent out automatically to the email address of a Case contact after an agent resolves his a case. It seems that this would be a basic feature and I hope I am wrong when I got the impression that it can not be done.

I tried setting up an auto response rule, but I was told those are only for automated web-to-case and email to case. Then I tried to set up a work flow rule/alert so that when I close a case an email is send out. However, for the 'workflow alert recipient' they do not let you pick the case contact email. I do not see why this would not be an option considering that you can pick record owner or record creator as an option.

I would appreciate a confirmation that "an automatic email to contact on case close" in fact can't be done, and I would greatly appreciate if some one would tell me how this could be done.

Thank you.
I need to create a custom text box that would display the same information for a case and account.

That is: If I enter text into a field on the account field and would then create a new case for that account, that text would already be populated with the information entered to the contact that the case belongs to.

I would also like to have the same relationship with the account.

Thus if I make a note on the account level, then that note would appear on every contact and case under that account.

Is this possible, and if yes how would I do it because I spent at least a couple of hours trying to figure that out without any success.

Thanks.
Has anyone had any success with CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). If would be extremely beneficial to users to have call center features such as bringing up a contact from a phone call. However, reading the Skype App reviews it seems that it is only for opportunities and got a fully developed solution. Another option I found is this:

However, the .de url and the fact that I could not find a mention of mirage of the salesforce appexchange very sceptical.

Please let me know of my option regarding CTI.
I am new to heavy customization of salesforce, but I hope I hope this is possible... I thank you for your attention ahead or time :)

I am trying to figure out how to set up pop-up alerts based on certain conditions.

Ideally, this is what I want to happen:
If an account is marked high priority or mark as unpaid, when a person calls for support I want the rep to be aware of that through a pop up alert. Thus if an account is marked high priority, when ever a rep visits that account page, I want a pop up message or window that says "high priority account" or "subscription expired". Best case scenario would be" if an account has this message then so would its contacts and the cases associated under that account"".
However, upon surveying the solutions it seems to me that pop up are only available after clicking a custom link, and not on page load with is not a satisfactory solution because it is very posible for a rep to miss this by accident.

Is it possible to embed an s-control or java script within a page. If not, what are some of my options for a work around?

Message Edited by haiduz on 06-19-2006 01:28 PM

I can't figure out a way to connect to my sandbox account in eclipse, I can only connect to production account. Is there a way to connect to sandbox throught the eclipse interface when editing s-controls because im too reluctant to make changes in my live production account first?
I am looking for a way to include a field to indicate the status of an case using a picture instead of text. For example, if its a high profile case there needs to be a icon alert that shows up to really make it clear. Also, the managers want to be able to choose which icon is displayed.

Whats the best way to go about configuring hard to miss alerts at the case level?
Our department does not wish to reveal the email addresses of support agents because they do not want a client to be able to contact an agent directly (clogs down some agents while frees up others). However, when an email template is sent out the from field is auto populated by the agents email. How do I set up an email template so that the from address in an email reads clientservices@ourcompany.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can someone tell me how to enable the agent desktop? We have enterprise but I cannot find it.

Thanks

Robert
My manager has a hard time believing that this cant be done with basic configuration but after talking to a gold support representative I got the idea that it cannot be done.

All I need done is have an email template be sent out automatically to the email address of a Case contact after an agent resolves his a case. It seems that this would be a basic feature and I hope I am wrong when I got the impression that it can not be done.

I tried setting up an auto response rule, but I was told those are only for automated web-to-case and email to case. Then I tried to set up a work flow rule/alert so that when I close a case an email is send out. However, for the 'workflow alert recipient' they do not let you pick the case contact email. I do not see why this would not be an option considering that you can pick record owner or record creator as an option.

I would appreciate a confirmation that "an automatic email to contact on case close" in fact can't be done, and I would greatly appreciate if some one would tell me how this could be done.

Thank you.
how are u supposed to post code on these boards now? there used to be an option to insert code in the new message screen

thanks
Has anyone had any success with CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). If would be extremely beneficial to users to have call center features such as bringing up a contact from a phone call. However, reading the Skype App reviews it seems that it is only for opportunities and got a fully developed solution. Another option I found is this:

However, the .de url and the fact that I could not find a mention of mirage of the salesforce appexchange very sceptical.

Please let me know of my option regarding CTI.
I am new to heavy customization of salesforce, but I hope I hope this is possible... I thank you for your attention ahead or time :)

I am trying to figure out how to set up pop-up alerts based on certain conditions.

Ideally, this is what I want to happen:
If an account is marked high priority or mark as unpaid, when a person calls for support I want the rep to be aware of that through a pop up alert. Thus if an account is marked high priority, when ever a rep visits that account page, I want a pop up message or window that says "high priority account" or "subscription expired". Best case scenario would be" if an account has this message then so would its contacts and the cases associated under that account"".
However, upon surveying the solutions it seems to me that pop up are only available after clicking a custom link, and not on page load with is not a satisfactory solution because it is very posible for a rep to miss this by accident.

Is it possible to embed an s-control or java script within a page. If not, what are some of my options for a work around?

Message Edited by haiduz on 06-19-2006 01:28 PM