• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
(.NET ASP C# 1.1) I get the following error when using the quote symbol ' in the WHERE clause

Error: Query Company by name: MALFORMED_QUERY:

from Lead where Company = 'D.G.O'Dell, Inc.'

ERROR at Row:1:Column:44

unexpected token: Dell

I've tried to replace ' with \' before I build the query but I keep getting the same error. The replace doesn't work.

Please let me know if you already solved this problem. I keep googling this but I cannot find anything. I think it should be very simple.

Thanks,

Yesenia

I have a problem with the values of a picklist (with multiple values selection). I'm using the Web-To-Lead code to create the leads in SF but not in real-time, I 'm using a batch process where I load all leads from my website and run the SF applet to create the lead for each of them. So to pass the values to salesforce I'm using UploadValues. I'm creating the leads with no problem, everything is working ok but I have a field which is a picklist with multiple selection and this value is not going there in the correct format. How do I send multiple values? I'm using ";" to separate the values that I have but it doesn't work. It send the a string "value1;value2;..." but salesforce take this literally as it was one value and it even cuts the text to 40 characters (this is the limitation they explain in the documentation)

When I run the form directly I don't have problem passing these multiple values since the SF applet is reading directly from the <select> control

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,

Yesenia

I'm trying to use an aspx page which have a HttpWebRequest to submit the form. Instead of having the user submit the form to send the information. This is because I want to send all leads collected in the website once a day reading from our database.

When I run the form, which have the action to go to salesforce applet, by typing the URL in a new browser (http://localhost/salesforce_form.aspx?sEmail=testyesi0721@testyesi.com) it works perfect (create the lead in SF), but when I run the form using (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(sCreateURL); it doesn't create the lead. This is my code in the page that I want to run once a day (I'm just testing creating one lead, then I will change it to have the request within a loop to send all leads.

string sCreateURL = "http://localhost/salesforce_form.aspx?sEmail=testyesi0721@testyesi.com";
HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(sCreateURL);
req.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
req.UserAgent = "Mozilla%2f4.0+(compatible%3b+MSIE+6.0%3b+Windows+NT+5.1%3b+SV1%3b+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)";
HttpWebResponse res = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
res.Close();

I will appreciate any help on this issue
Thank,
Yesenia
(.NET ASP C# 1.1) I get the following error when using the quote symbol ' in the WHERE clause

Error: Query Company by name: MALFORMED_QUERY:

from Lead where Company = 'D.G.O'Dell, Inc.'

ERROR at Row:1:Column:44

unexpected token: Dell

I've tried to replace ' with \' before I build the query but I keep getting the same error. The replace doesn't work.

Please let me know if you already solved this problem. I keep googling this but I cannot find anything. I think it should be very simple.

Thanks,

Yesenia

I have a problem with the values of a picklist (with multiple values selection). I'm using the Web-To-Lead code to create the leads in SF but not in real-time, I 'm using a batch process where I load all leads from my website and run the SF applet to create the lead for each of them. So to pass the values to salesforce I'm using UploadValues. I'm creating the leads with no problem, everything is working ok but I have a field which is a picklist with multiple selection and this value is not going there in the correct format. How do I send multiple values? I'm using ";" to separate the values that I have but it doesn't work. It send the a string "value1;value2;..." but salesforce take this literally as it was one value and it even cuts the text to 40 characters (this is the limitation they explain in the documentation)

When I run the form directly I don't have problem passing these multiple values since the SF applet is reading directly from the <select> control

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,

Yesenia

I'm trying to use an aspx page which have a HttpWebRequest to submit the form. Instead of having the user submit the form to send the information. This is because I want to send all leads collected in the website once a day reading from our database.

When I run the form, which have the action to go to salesforce applet, by typing the URL in a new browser (http://localhost/salesforce_form.aspx?sEmail=testyesi0721@testyesi.com) it works perfect (create the lead in SF), but when I run the form using (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(sCreateURL); it doesn't create the lead. This is my code in the page that I want to run once a day (I'm just testing creating one lead, then I will change it to have the request within a loop to send all leads.

string sCreateURL = "http://localhost/salesforce_form.aspx?sEmail=testyesi0721@testyesi.com";
HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(sCreateURL);
req.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
req.UserAgent = "Mozilla%2f4.0+(compatible%3b+MSIE+6.0%3b+Windows+NT+5.1%3b+SV1%3b+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)";
HttpWebResponse res = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
res.Close();

I will appreciate any help on this issue
Thank,
Yesenia
We're trying to integrate the web-to-lead method within a client's website. Instead of having the user submit the form to send the information, we're trying to have a script (Perl) post the information as if it were the customer.

We're POSTing the information to http://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8. When I fill out the template HTML form and submit, I get a message saying that the request has been queued and I receive an email shortly after saying that the lead was created which I can confirm in the LEAD section. When I have a script post the exact same information, I get the exact same response from the server (including all of the correct information) saying that the request was queued but I don't receive the email and the lead is never created. We're currently running in sforce debug mode while we're developing this.

Is there some information required by the server that I'm not sending like the User Agent?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

- Troy