• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am attempting to pull a contact name into a custom object.  The criteria is that the contact name is pulled in based on the contact title.

Ex.  Where the title contains CEO or President populate the first/last name in the field CEO/President Name field.  The custom object is used as a quick reference for client site visits.  Those attending the client site visit need to know what the CEO's name is.

The custom object can be created from either a contact or an opportunity.

The code below works if I create the custom object from the actual CEO's contact record but not if I create it from a non-CEO contact or any opportunity. 

CASE(Contact__r.Title,"CEO",
Contact__r.FirstName + " "+ Contact__r.LastName,
"President",Contact__r.FirstName + " "+ Contact__r.LastName,
null)

The relationship to the custom object:

Master-Detail(Opportunity)

Master-Detail(Contact)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sue

Does anyone have a solution for pulling over the owner of a record from a standard object to a custom object? 
Tried using the cross object formula but it only pulls the owner ID and I am looking for the actual owner name.  My users are looking for the field to "auto-populate" rather than have to use a look up.  Any thoughts?

Example:
Opportunity Owner - need to pull the owner name into a custom object
The two objects currently share a master-detail relationship with the opportunity as the master
I have two fields - one in a standard object and one in a custom object.

When the value for the field in the standard object is populated I would like the corresponding field in the custom object to be updated with the same value.  Is there a way to do this?
I have a validation rule (below) that requires a field called "Date Notified" to be completed once the stage changes to "closed/lost".  I need to limit the rule to only certain opportunity record types but not others.  E.g. should not apply to "product upsell" record type but should apply to the "sales" record types.  Does anyone know how what modifications I need to make to the validation rule below to accomodate that?

AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed/Lost"),
ISNULL( DT_Date_Notified_Loss__c ))

Thanks!
On a custom object I have setup 3 separate workflow rules with 9 to 10 field updates in each.  The Evaluation Criteria is "Every time a record is created or edited".  However, one of the field updates (Field "y") is not evaluating the first time a record is saved.  I must click "edit" and then "save" in the record a second time for the field update to happen.

The update that does not work is based on the calculations. Example: if field "x" is between 0-25 update field "y" with this value "Bid Recommended"

I tried to get around this by using a formula field rather than workflow field update but the result is the same. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this issue?
The formula I am using is listed below.  While it works, it is limiting due to the need to hard code the DATE (2009,06,30). 

Does anyone know how I can get around harding coding the date? 
If not, how can recode the formula to look at two years, rather than one?  (I think it should be a case function but cannot figure it out)

(DATE(2009,06,30) - ( Projected_Start_Date__c )) /365 * (  Annual_Paid_Claims__c )
(DATE(2010,06,30) - ( Projected_Start_Date__c )) /365 * (  Annual_Paid_Claims__c )
Does anyone have any suggestions?

In the opportunity I have created pick list fields and each pick list value as an associated numeric value.  The goal is to create a field that will total up the corresponding numeric values.

E.g.
Field: More Info Needed?
Field Values: Yes (5), No (0), Maybe (3)

Field: SLA In Place?
Field Values: SLA (5), STA (0), STT (3)

Thanks!
Sue
I am trying to develop a formula to display totals:
Where Probability = 100%
Sum values of a separate column

Thanks!
I am trying to calculate the number of days (including weekends/holidays) between a date specified in an opportuntiy and the end of the current fiscal year. 

The formula I am using is {!ProjectedStartDate__c} - 20070701

This comes back with no errors but returns a value of 3/19/52639......

Could use a little help here from the masters on this board . . . we have a discount approval process that uses an Object related to Opportunities.  Our order management folks really want the Opportunity Owner's name to be reflected on the Object itself (Approval Request Form).  Looking at the Opportunity itself is apparently too hard or requires extra steps.  Whatever!

Anyway . . . seems like it should be an easy thing to do but all I have been able to do is create a formula field that can pull in the Opportunity "Owner ID"--which means nothing to the people who need to see it.  I really need a field that can automatically show the actual Opportunity Owner Name in text on the Approval Form so order management can see "Bob Smith" instead of "00530000000diZm".

I'm sure there is probably something simple I am missing.  But how in the world do I get the name to show up in a field on that Approval Form?  Is there a formula function that "translates" the ID and can do that?  I'm pretty stumped.

• September 15, 2009
I have created a custom object (tab) that has the following fields: Account Name (look up), Sales Executive, Account Manager, and TAM. These field are also listed in the Account record. Is it possible to have the data for the Sales Executive, Account Manager, and TAM fields auto populated in the custom object based on the account that is selected in the Account Name field?

Thanks

Shannon
On a custom object I have setup 3 separate workflow rules with 9 to 10 field updates in each.  The Evaluation Criteria is "Every time a record is created or edited".  However, one of the field updates (Field "y") is not evaluating the first time a record is saved.  I must click "edit" and then "save" in the record a second time for the field update to happen.

The update that does not work is based on the calculations. Example: if field "x" is between 0-25 update field "y" with this value "Bid Recommended"

I tried to get around this by using a formula field rather than workflow field update but the result is the same. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this issue?
The formula I am using is listed below.  While it works, it is limiting due to the need to hard code the DATE (2009,06,30). 

Does anyone know how I can get around harding coding the date? 
If not, how can recode the formula to look at two years, rather than one?  (I think it should be a case function but cannot figure it out)

(DATE(2009,06,30) - ( Projected_Start_Date__c )) /365 * (  Annual_Paid_Claims__c )
(DATE(2010,06,30) - ( Projected_Start_Date__c )) /365 * (  Annual_Paid_Claims__c )
I am trying to calculate the number of days (including weekends/holidays) between a date specified in an opportuntiy and the end of the current fiscal year. 

The formula I am using is {!ProjectedStartDate__c} - 20070701

This comes back with no errors but returns a value of 3/19/52639......