• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
PROBLEM:
I get the following error when querying tables using the Excel Connector's Query Wizard:
Error Generated by Request::
SELECT Account_ID__c, Name, Account_ID__c FROM Account
               ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:29
duplicate field selected: Account_ID__c
ExceptionCode : 5077                    
A previous user had mentioned this same problem in a post that's now in Kingsley's post "Welcome & Earlier Discussions" but I could not find a solution posted.

I see that there is a duplicate field in the SELECT clause, but don't know why this is happening. Did I do something strange in configuring my sf tables? I assume this doesn't happen to most users or this would have been discussed more.

I did find a workaround, but if this is a symptom of another problem, or if there is a way to make the tool work as expected the first time, I'd love to hear! Thanks.

WORKAROUND:
Although you'll get the above error at first, when the wizard closes, your spreadsheet will list all of the columns. Delete the columns that contain the duplicate fields (eg: Account_ID) and then use the Query Table Data function from the "sforce Connector" floating toolbar to re-run the query.

• September 05, 2006
PROBLEM:
I get the following error when querying tables using the Excel Connector's Query Wizard:
Error Generated by Request::
SELECT Account_ID__c, Name, Account_ID__c FROM Account
               ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:29
duplicate field selected: Account_ID__c
ExceptionCode : 5077                    
A previous user had mentioned this same problem in a post that's now in Kingsley's post "Welcome & Earlier Discussions" but I could not find a solution posted.

I see that there is a duplicate field in the SELECT clause, but don't know why this is happening. Did I do something strange in configuring my sf tables? I assume this doesn't happen to most users or this would have been discussed more.

I did find a workaround, but if this is a symptom of another problem, or if there is a way to make the tool work as expected the first time, I'd love to hear! Thanks.

WORKAROUND:
Although you'll get the above error at first, when the wizard closes, your spreadsheet will list all of the columns. Delete the columns that contain the duplicate fields (eg: Account_ID) and then use the Query Table Data function from the "sforce Connector" floating toolbar to re-run the query.

• September 05, 2006