• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Custom S-Control (Detail Page Button) which creates a record in another object and passes relationships and data fields.  I can easily pass text fields without issue and date fields also, but I am having difficulty passing Currency values from 1 currency field to another.  I have tried to pass a number into a currency and this is also not working for me.  I am attempting to run a division in the s-control on that field, dividing it by a value in another passed field. 

Am I missing something or does anyone have a suggestion for me.  The only other option I can think of is passing the 2 values independently as numbers, reconverting back to currency in formula fields and then in a final field doing the division calculation.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Is there an easy way to do this, Converting a Text field to a Formula field?  I see that changing the field properties to a formula is not an option, and if I delete the field to recreate it as a formula field I will lose all associations in reports, views, etc.  (I will say that this is an assumption but seems logical that if I delete the field it will be gone from every instance where it is used.)

I do not like the idea of having to scan all reports in SFDC to determine if the field was used in filters, reviewing all views to see if it was in the filter and this does not even begin to touch the idea of user created reports and views. 

It seems very complicated to have to tread down that river. 

Any suggestions?
I have been able to pass data from 1 object to another via a S-Control but what I can not figure out how  to do is set the Record Type.  I do not want to set the users default to being the record type I want  as the end user will be using multiple types and  I want multiple s-controls passing data to the same object but onto different record types.

Any suggestions on how to set this in my s-control?
I have a Custom S-Control (Detail Page Button) which creates a record in another object and passes relationships and data fields.  I can easily pass text fields without issue and date fields also, but I am having difficulty passing Currency values from 1 currency field to another.  I have tried to pass a number into a currency and this is also not working for me.  I am attempting to run a division in the s-control on that field, dividing it by a value in another passed field. 

Am I missing something or does anyone have a suggestion for me.  The only other option I can think of is passing the 2 values independently as numbers, reconverting back to currency in formula fields and then in a final field doing the division calculation.

Any advise would be appreciated.
My company has a third party that performs sales reporting and feeds sales and assets to salesforce.com. We can see the sales and assets a firm or contact is has and with what product.

With out using the terriorty management tool (more functional then needed). I would like to create a custom formula or scontrol, that defines what terriroty the firm or contact belongs in.

For example if Joe Smith is created as a new person and he is located in TEXAS I would like another field to be automaticly updated to reflect is part of Terriroty 11 (TX is one of the states in that terriroty).

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks Crystal Hart

I have been able to pass data from 1 object to another via a S-Control but what I can not figure out how  to do is set the Record Type.  I do not want to set the users default to being the record type I want  as the end user will be using multiple types and  I want multiple s-controls passing data to the same object but onto different record types.

Any suggestions on how to set this in my s-control?
Hello! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm trying to pass field data from one Custom Object to another in Spring '07. I've created a "Client" custom object and would like to pass field information to a "Service Agreement" custom object, when  creating a new Service Agreement through a related list. For example when I create a new "Service Agreement" from the Client object I want the Client fields "Sales Manager Name" and "Client Address" to auto-populate in the new Service Agreement record.

I've tried the Custom Link but cant get it to work. I don't have that much of a programming background and would greatly greatly appreciate any help or step  by step instructions :smileywink:

Thanks and happy Wednesday!