Questions
    Replies
I have 9 years of experience working with Salesforce.com:
  • Technical Solution Design, Documentation, and Training
  • Salesforce Development:  Apex, Visualforce
  • Salesforce Integration: , Web Services (SOAP, REST), JAVA, PHP, ASP.NET
  • System Administration
  • Business Analysis
I am a Salesforce Independent Software Vendor (ISV), and I’ve used Salesforce to manage my business for years. 

Contact me for an estimate for your project, and samples of how I can help increase your business productivity with Salesforce.com.

• June 04, 2015
I use Indigo Eclipse with an Enterpise Edition and have no problems.
Recently, while using the same Eclipse version with my Developer edition, I've found that I cannot Add/Remove metadata components.
When I try, I get the following errors.

Screen capture of Refresh Error - Unable to refresh file metadata
User-added image

Please note that I can "Refresh from Server", and "Deploy to Server" normally.

Thanks in advance.
  • May 14, 2015

Hello,

My extensive experience customizing Salesforce.com for numerous clients will enable me to quickly help your business.

In addition to conventional Salesforce.com administration, I can do the following and more:

• Import/Export of Data to/from Salesforce.com
  • Creating Apex Triggers, S-Controls, and VisualForce pages
  • Integrating Salesforce.com with the company website
  • Integrating Salesforce.com with other software applications

I am fluent in English and very functional in French. 

I am based in both Boston, MA and in Montreal, QC Canada

Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Regards, 

Vincent Harriott 

v_harriott@yahoo.com,

hvharriott@hotmail.com

• July 08, 2009
Hello,

I have extensive experience creating custom .NET applications, Salesforce objects, Tabs, S-Controls, and Apex code.

I can work part or full-time.

Vincent

• July 22, 2008
Hello,

I'd like to add an S-Control to the Save & Close button on the Case Edit screen.

Is this possible today?

- thanx
V
  • March 01, 2007

I want to create a Custom Button.  When this button is clicked, I’d like to write some code (Apex/Javascript?) that will update a Case object.

Can this be done using a Custom Button with Behavior set to “Execute Javascript”?  I don’t want to bring up another HTML window (like an S-Control).

If so, can someone point me to a code sample?

Thanx

• February 15, 2007
Hello,

I want to customize a Salesforce org by adding a popup that will ask the user if he/she really wants to close the case.

- If the user selects Yes, then the popup goes away and the Close Case for appears
- If the user selects No, then the popup goes away.

Anyone know how to do something like this?

- thanx
V

• February 09, 2007
I have the following query in sforce explorer:

Select Probability from Opportunity

The query results in an error: "Query failed: Input string was not a correct format."

Can someone tell me why this error occurs, and how I can get the Probability from the Opportunity table?

- thanx

• December 17, 2006
Hello,

I need to get data from a bunch of sforce tables that have fields that reference other tables.
I've read that Joins are not supported.

How can I do this using SOQL? I am programming in Visual Studio '05 using VB

-thanx
V
  • December 07, 2006
I need to enable login by passing the server Url and the Session Id from the Salesforce UI (web tab) to a .NET application.

I believe my LoginWithSessionId() procedure fails because the URL passed from the Salesforce merge field is slightly different from the server URL returned by the SF login() called when login() is supplied with a username and password.

Does anyone know why these URLs are different, and how I can pass the correct URL from the Salesforce UI?

- thanx
VH
  • November 17, 2006
I have 9 years of experience working with Salesforce.com:
  • Technical Solution Design, Documentation, and Training
  • Salesforce Development:  Apex, Visualforce
  • Salesforce Integration: , Web Services (SOAP, REST), JAVA, PHP, ASP.NET
  • System Administration
  • Business Analysis
I am a Salesforce Independent Software Vendor (ISV), and I’ve used Salesforce to manage my business for years. 

Contact me for an estimate for your project, and samples of how I can help increase your business productivity with Salesforce.com.

• June 04, 2015
Ramsey Solutions is in the process of transitioning the entire company to Salesforce.  As a Salesforce developer, you’ll be focused on helping us design, develop, and deploy solutions that benefit the entire organization.  The work will range from purpose-built applications inside of Salesforce to exposing APIs to allow partner systems to integrate easily.

You’ll Be Working On

Ramsey Solutions is in the process of transitioning the entire company to Salesforce.  As a Salesforce developer, you’ll be focused on helping us design, develop, and deploy solutions that benefit the entire organization.  The work will range from purpose-built applications inside of Salesforce to exposing APIs to allow partner systems to integrate easily.

Requirements:

Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role
Development experience with Visualforce and Apex
Passion for well-written Apex tests, with bonus points for TDD
Working knowledge of technologies like AJAX, JQuery and JSON
Strong knowledge of Salesforce Objects and Data Model
Understanding of Salesforce Governor Limits and Code Coverage
Solid understanding of Salesforce Standard Objects and Business Processes around them
Experience with custom integration
Experience with Salesforce Sites, REST and API Calls
Working experience in AppExchange App usage and Managed or Unmanaged Package Creation
Java programming experience is a plus.
Salesforce Developer Certification is preferred but not mandatory.

Core attributes:

Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
A strong focus on business outcomes
Comfortable with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders

We're a privately owned and operated, debt-free company comprised of over 450 team members who make up 15 Small Business Units (our version of departments). It's our mission to provide biblically based, common-sense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life.

Win or Lose as a Team: Our team openly collaborates and each person is responsible for bringing new ideas, perspectives and solutions to the table. Starting with day one, we want your voice to be part of the conversation. Collaboration does not equal positioning and pushing others off the ladder. Our aim is to serve each other—and our customers—well.

Have a Life:  Your life is important, and we want you to have one (feel free to add that to the list of employee benefits)! That’s why we work 8-hour days with very few late nights. If normal to you means missing family events, pulling teeth to get time off, and feeling like you have to choose between work and family, then weird probably sounds good. But hey, don’t take our word for it. We’ve made the Nashville Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work eight times!

Who We DON'T Want Applying: This opportunity isn’t for someone who’s just looking for a j-o-b and only gives the bare minimum to earn a paycheck. We operate as a team and collaborate on a daily basis. If you want to work by yourself, go play solitaire.

A Few Things We’d Like You To Know: Our interview process is probably more involved and thorough than you’re used to. But don’t be scared, our process helps us make sure we find you the best seat on the bus. Hey, by the way, Entreleadership is a great insight into our culture and the inner workings of our company. Listen here to our Entreleadership podcast.
I have the following query in sforce explorer:

Select Probability from Opportunity

The query results in an error: "Query failed: Input string was not a correct format."

Can someone tell me why this error occurs, and how I can get the Probability from the Opportunity table?

- thanx

• December 17, 2006
I have created a custom link on my Opportunity page that returns the value from the "Department" field from the User object when it is invoked.

Is it possible that this custom link (or s-control if need be) could be automatically invoked when a user saves the opportunity record?

• December 15, 2006
Hello,

I need to get data from a bunch of sforce tables that have fields that reference other tables.
I've read that Joins are not supported.

How can I do this using SOQL? I am programming in Visual Studio '05 using VB

-thanx
V
  • December 07, 2006
I need to enable login by passing the server Url and the Session Id from the Salesforce UI (web tab) to a .NET application.

I believe my LoginWithSessionId() procedure fails because the URL passed from the Salesforce merge field is slightly different from the server URL returned by the SF login() called when login() is supplied with a username and password.

Does anyone know why these URLs are different, and how I can pass the correct URL from the Salesforce UI?

- thanx
VH
  • November 17, 2006

Hello,

How do you update, delete or insert picklist values?

We are writing an application that lets users update our organization data including picklist values. I noticed there is no 'update', 'delete' or 'insert' method associated with picklists. So I'm not sure what is the best way to do this.

Any help will be appreciated.

• September 20, 2004