• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to Recurrence All Day Events from one salesforce org to another. The data loader is complaining about the   RecurrenceStartDateTime field (DateTime Type). It is saying that a time shouldn't be supplied for an all day event in the start date field. If i leave this field, it will complain that the field shouldn't be blank. I am curious as to how to supply a Date Value for a Datetime Field.

is there anybody out there who has seen this issue before?

Note: I am also supplying ActivityDate and RecurrenceEndDateOnly  fields

• June 11, 2008
I was under the impression that Apex Code runs under 'Administrator' Profile and is not affected by the user profile loggedin. I am getting errors from triggers complaining  about  Security settings.  Could any body  help to point out if  my asumptions were wrong or if there is a way to force apex triggeres and classes to run under 'Administrator' Profile?

Thanks,
  • October 01, 2007
i a currently working on a project the used the outbound messaging feature from salesforce. I Know that salesforce tries to deliver messages for 24 hours if it didn't get a responce. the way my web service is working now is :

accept message from salesforce -> send acknoledgement back to salesfoce-> process records

i am facing some issues of queries timing out in the last stage and even though salesforce assumes that the message was delevered correctly things that should happen are not happening as expected in the last stage.
I was wondering what the effects would be if i exchange the last two process and follow the following pattern

accept message from salesforce->process records-> send acknowleedgement back if everything goes fine

i don't want to receive a second message from salesforce because it assumed that the message wasn't delivered while i am processing records. Is there anybody who knows how long salesfoce waits before assuming that a message delivery has faild the first time.
  • March 22, 2007
Hi,

i was wandering if there is a way to use the functions available in validation rules for workflow rules. There are a number of neat functions availabe if one wants to create a validation rule. When it comes to creating workflow rules, there are few string comparison functions and that is all.

Any Ideas?
  • February 01, 2007
Hi,

i was testing the new outbound messaging feature and am having issues. The message is not reaching the web service it is supposed to call and the reason for delivery Failure reads " Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:.". I would really appriciate if anybody could help me out here.

To give some background how i tried to use the featue: I am using .net framwork 1.1. I have downloaded the from salesforce and have generated the concrete classes and the abstract class(for the service call) using wsdl.exe (/server option). I then created a web service that inhertes from the abstract class and the service call just responds with a postive ack.

Thanks
  • January 22, 2007

Hi All

I have written a trigger as below

trigger testChangeOwnerTrigger on Case (before insert) { for(Case newCase : Trigger.New){ newCase.OwnerId ='005R0000000IufqIAC'; } }

Here the 'created use'r and 'new owner user' has the same profile.

This trigger is working correctly when I create case with System Administrator profile user, but when create case with other profile user then it throw an error "Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. Click here to return to the previous page "

I checked the profile & it has all data modification permissions.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi,

i was testing the new outbound messaging feature and am having issues. The message is not reaching the web service it is supposed to call and the reason for delivery Failure reads " Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:.". I would really appriciate if anybody could help me out here.

To give some background how i tried to use the featue: I am using .net framwork 1.1. I have downloaded the from salesforce and have generated the concrete classes and the abstract class(for the service call) using wsdl.exe (/server option). I then created a web service that inhertes from the abstract class and the service call just responds with a postive ack.

Thanks
  • January 22, 2007

All,

I am having an issue running the basicSample_cs to demonstrate connectivity using C#.  I believe my problem is more of a C# issue, rather than Salesforce.com, but I am hoping that someone on the discussion boards has ran into this issue before and found a way to correct it.

I have setup the basicSample code and have been able to have it execute correctly, logging into my developer org_unit, when there isn’t a proxy server involved.  However, I have attempted to do the same on a network that requires a proxy server to access internet addresses, and I have been unable to achieve even a successful login.

The network I am on uses a proxy server script, so I don’t think the “auto-locating” of the proxy information is working by default in C#.   I have also tried to set the proxy server address manually using the following lines of code, but it doesn’t appear to be working.

<code snippet>

WebProxy myWebProxy = new WebProxy();

// Real address used in actual code

Uri newUri = new Uri("http://proxy_server:port_number");

myWebProxy.Address = newUri;

binding = new SforceService();

binding.Timeout = 15000;

binding.Proxy = myWebProxy;

I am unsure if there is another property I need to set? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!