• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've been using the Salesforce API to store/update leads and other information as users register on my website. Currently, my code authenticates using the login(user, pass+token) call when starting this process. It does everything as the same user whom I happen to give read/write permissions to my enterprise's data. 

I remember seeing something about API keys and wonder if there is a better way. Can I exchange certificates or some other form of mutual authentication so that my app does not have to "log in" as a user?

I'm looking at a situation where a partner is going to have to access some of this data and would like to give him an API key which can be revoked later, but I don't want to give him my user/pass and I don't want to create a new salesforce user for him.

Ideas?

This just started in the last few days, and I've got no clue as to what is causing it:

Could not resolve ColumnType from FieldOrColumnCommon: class common.udd.impl.StandardFieldCommonImpl

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Could not resolve ColumnType from FieldOrColumnCommon: class common.udd.impl.StandardFieldCommonImpl

Source Error:

Line 629:        [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("result")]
Line 630:        public SaveResult[] update([System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("sObjects")] sObject[] sObjects) {
Line 631:            object[] results = this.Invoke("update", new object[] {
Line 632:                        sObjects});
Line 633:            return ((SaveResult[])(results[0]));
This is truly annoying. The code above is generated by Visual Studio from the Enterprise API WSDL file that I downloaded.
If someone merges two leads, what happens to the old one when queried via the API? is there a way to tell that a lead has been merged?

Example: I have an ID for one lead. That lead gets merged into another (different lead). What happens to the lead matching the (old) ID that I still have a reference to?

Ideally: I'd like a way to update my local data with the new lead ID.
This just started in the last few days, and I've got no clue as to what is causing it:

Could not resolve ColumnType from FieldOrColumnCommon: class common.udd.impl.StandardFieldCommonImpl

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Could not resolve ColumnType from FieldOrColumnCommon: class common.udd.impl.StandardFieldCommonImpl

Source Error:

Line 629:        [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("result")]
Line 630:        public SaveResult[] update([System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("sObjects")] sObject[] sObjects) {
Line 631:            object[] results = this.Invoke("update", new object[] {
Line 632:                        sObjects});
Line 633:            return ((SaveResult[])(results[0]));
This is truly annoying. The code above is generated by Visual Studio from the Enterprise API WSDL file that I downloaded.
Hi,

I've got a small problem. In a team edition of salesforce, i've got a standard field under opportunities called close date. I was to create a custom formula field that gives me the date 5 bank days from the close date. This means skipping saturday and sunday. I've not been able to solve this, does anyone have any ideas how i can do it?

Best regards,
johan