• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anyone using the ODBC drivers from Datadirect?

http://www.datadirect.com/index.ssp

We use java and soql api to connect. We are also looking for a solution to connect using access / excel (other than queryamp - which we really like.) 

I was able to do some pretty complex queries with the odbc driver that cannot be done easily via SOQL.  I was also able to update fields to null.

Looking for feedback / limitations.

• January 15, 2010
Hello - I am trying to write an SOQL query to pull data from the SF share object related to one of my custom objects.

I am using Explorer to generate the query - but it does not work.  I have reviewed the SOQL guide on relationships and am a bit lost on why this does not work.

My custom object is called DEALS and the DEALS__SHARE object was automatically created by SF to track any sharing associated with the records in this object.  Any help getting this "join" to work is appreciated.

I am basically trying to get the AccessLevel, RowCause, and UserName (from the user table) from the Deal__share object and user object.

The suggested Explorer query and the error:

(Note: this works fine without the UserOrGroup.Name field.  I believe this should refer to the group or user assigned the share permissions)

SELECT Id, AccessLevel, RowCause, UserOrGroup.Name FROM Deals__Share LIMIT 20

faultcode    sf:INVALID_FIELD
faultstring    INVALID_FIELD: SELECT Id, AccessLevel, RowCause, UserOrGroup.Name FROM Deals__Share ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:35 Didn't understand relationship 'UserOrGroup' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

jcsjcs
  • December 14, 2007
Hello -

What is the $API Field Type used for in the Formula Creation screen?

It generates the following formula "code" - depending on the $API version selected
$Api.Enterprise_Server_URL_100

OR

$Api.Session_ID

Curious how this could be of use.

Jonathan
  • December 10, 2007
All - I am using a web-based survey solution (Clicktools) to get some info from my clients to be imported into Salesforce. The survey tool enables the passing of "responses" to javascript. The code below is an example of a problem I am having that I can't seem to solve.

The code below takes the input from question 1 in the survey and writes it back out to the browser. The syntax in the survey tool is ${question_1} for question 1, ${question_2} for question 2, etc.

The problem is that if the response to question 1 is a NUMBER, the script below works fine. BUT if the response is TEXT, the javascript does not work. I am guessing the problem is due to the fact that I don't have quotes around the survey tool variable - but I can't because then the variable will not get set properly.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write(${question_1});
</script>

So if Question 1 = 123123 then
123123 is written to my browser.

BUT if Question 1 = HELLOWORLD then
the Javascript does not work!

HELP!

• November 19, 2007
I am using some list buttons to enable a manager to:
1)  view a list of records,
2) "check" some of the records
3) click a Custom List button that changes a field in each of those records.

I don't want everyone to see the buttons AND/OR I don't want the buttons to appear on every list.

Is there a way to have the buttons show for some lists but not others OR some users but not others?

This is related to LISTS only, not page layouts, i.e. shows under OBJECT Search Layout --> List Views.

jcsjcs

Message Edited by JCSJCS on 10-25-2007 12:40 PM

Jonathan Snyder
Dreambuilder Investments, LLC
  • October 25, 2007

I don't want everyone to see the buttons AND/OR I don't want the buttons to appear on every list.

Is there a way to have the buttons show for some lists but not others OR some users but not others?

This is related to LISTS only, not page layouts, i.e. shows under OBJECT Search Layout --> List Views.

jcsjcs

• October 25, 2007
I have a List View Button that runs javascript to change the contents of a field.  Basically, it is a bulk approval process - our salesmanager can run a list, check off a bunch of deals, then click the button to "Approve" a process (which is indicated by a specific field being updated to "APPROVED.")

I only want him to be able to run this button and have added a USER CUSTOM FIELD called APPROVE_DATA.  How can I incorporate an IF statement in the javascript to first check if the logged in USER has APPROVE_DATA = TRUE before running the button.  If APPROVE_DATA = FALSE, I would kick out an error.

Thanks - jcsjcs

• October 25, 2007
Is there a way to use an OR using the connector that can handle a DATE or a Null? 

Example (these are fields in one of our custom objects):

Deal Status = Cashout OR Open   (using Deal Status equals Cashout, Open)

AND

Deal Cashout Date > 12/31/2006 OR null 

I can get this in two queries, but want to combine in to one.

The query really boils down to:

(Deal Status = Cashout and Cashout Date > 12/31/2005) OR (Deal Status = Open and Cashout Date = null)

Any ideas are appreciated.  Jonathan
  • October 26, 2006

jcsjcs

• October 25, 2007
I have a List View Button that runs javascript to change the contents of a field.  Basically, it is a bulk approval process - our salesmanager can run a list, check off a bunch of deals, then click the button to "Approve" a process (which is indicated by a specific field being updated to "APPROVED.")

I only want him to be able to run this button and have added a USER CUSTOM FIELD called APPROVE_DATA.  How can I incorporate an IF statement in the javascript to first check if the logged in USER has APPROVE_DATA = TRUE before running the button.  If APPROVE_DATA = FALSE, I would kick out an error.

Thanks - jcsjcs

• October 25, 2007
Can the Excel Connector perform an "Or" query? I see that by default I can do an "And" query by adding mutiple queries to the list in the wizard.
  • October 24, 2006