• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using the Mail Merge Template to generate a Word document based on information entered in Salesforce (in a custom object).  This is the merge field I'm using:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO \* MERGEFORMAT}

The problem is that if the TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO field is blank, Word prints a line like this: ___________ instead of just a blank line.  Would anyone know the exact format of an IF statement to specify that if the field is left blank in Salesforce it should just print a blank line (or nothing at all)?

Also, is there any way to force lower case in the merged document for a certain field? I've tried this:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_FREQUENCY \* lower \* MERGEFORMAT} but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

ET

I'm using the Mail Merge Template to generate a Word document based on information entered in Salesforce (in a custom object).  This is the merge field I'm using:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO \* MERGEFORMAT}

The problem is that if the TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO field is blank, Word prints a line like this: ___________ instead of just a blank line.  Would anyone know the exact format of an IF statement to specify that if the field is left blank in Salesforce it should just print a blank line (or nothing at all)?

Also, is there any way to force lower case in the merged document for a certain field? I've tried this:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_FREQUENCY \* lower \* MERGEFORMAT} but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

ET