• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
I am trying to create a sales order using the mail merge option present in Salesforce.I have some custom objects related to my Opportunity layout.
Although the merge fields of the custom object are visible in the Salesforce office edition,they don't return any value?
Any inputs?

Thanks,
Kaushik
     Hi
I am doing a project which involves generating a sales-order at the end.The sales order requires to be in a Word/PDF format.
It requires fields from different Custom/Standard objects.
Is there a way using mail merge or otherwise,to generate a sales order using JS/AJAX and the web APIs?

Thanks
Kaushik
 Hi
I am doing a project which involves generating a sales-order at the end.The sales order requires to be in a Word/PDF format.
It requires fields from different Custom/Standard objects.
Is there a way using mail merge or otherwise,to generate a sales order using JS/AJAX and the web APIs?

Thanks
Kaushik
 Hi All,
Is there a way to Over-ride standard buttons on the edit page?Like overiride the Save button.
Basically I need to add additional functionality to the Save Button.

Also is there a way to call the Save button as a function?

Thanks

Kaushik

Message Edited by Kaushik on 04-07-2007 03:03 PM

Hi
I am trying to over-ride the Save button present on the edit page.Is there a way to access the standard buttons like SAVE?

Thanks
    Hi,
In our integration project we need to know the URL and the port info of the Lead table/database.I can see that we only have the API access.Is there a way to directly access the SFDC Database?

Thanks

Hi
I need some help in S-controls.
I need to reference a field from another object...Could anybody give me ,some starting tips to write an S-Control for this operation.
Basically, I need to use the custom fields of the products, in the opportunities-products section

Thanks in advance
Kaushik
Hi All
Is there any way to auto-populate the quantity field,when selecting a product.
Thanks
Kaushik
Hi all
Is there any way to over-ride the existing validation rules,by creating new ones.For example I would like to enter a zero in a quantity field,but get no errors,
Thanks
Kaushik
Hi all
I have tried updating only the Lead Source field in the Salesforce database by using the update option in the excel connector.
But it could update only about 50% of them.for others it was giving an error ....couldnot find the record ID.

The main problem I am facing is that the records it couldnot update were compltely removed from the SalesForce Database.There are not even present in the recycle bin.
Could someone please help me out in retreiving the data and also in fixing the excel connector problem?

Thanks in advance
Kaushik
I don't have much Java/programing experience and I need some help to upgrade two s-controls that were created last year.

What would be the best way to go about getting help for this?  I can post the s-control if need be, but didn't want to clog things up at first.

Thanks,

Kevin
Hi,

I have a date type field namely "Start Date". In New  page Start Date should be editable.
And in Edit Page Start Date should be read only.

We can't able to do it from page layout because for New, Edit and View page layout is same.
I tried to use a scontrol to create Start Date field. But that scontrol(by default) will be called only in View mode not in new and edit mode.

Do I need to override New button for that? Or is there is any other way to do it?
Please help me if anybody has any idea.

Thanks in advance

• June 20, 2007
I have a picklist of data. I need to use that picklist to populate a non-text field. Wondering if S-Control can do that - and what the formula would look like.

Here is the data I am using as an example:
I have a total sale payout field which is a currency formula field.
Using that amount in conjunction with the following chart it yields the payout amount. I need the payout amount field to be a summary field in the Salesforce reports (meaning it can be totaled) so it cannot be a text picklist as I have it set up now. I would like to use an S control to read the net revenue value selection that I enter and generate the payout amount into a non-text field. Any chance of that? I am not a Salesforce guru - so if this makes no sense - let me know. The chart is much more extensive than the one below - but it gives you an idea.

Net Revenue Amounts

(per appointment or hot lead)

$ Payout

$0 - $500

$5

$501 - $1,000

$15

I created a custom button to automatically edit a field and save the changes using the retURL and passing the form parameters.  It works great.  I then created a custom edit button on the object to specify which record type to use.  It works great but now the first button doesn't work.

I think the field values from the first S-control aren't being passed through the S-control of the custom Edit.  Is there a way to read the retURL passed to the Edit page?  If so, that would solve my problem as I could simply append it to the url to exit the page.  When I tried to do so, I only get a null value so I know either I'm not doing it right or it's not possible.
Hello -
I need help!

I have 1 field on the contract object and want the value to simply "copy" over to every case associated with that account.

For example.  The account has one contract associated with it. The contract has a field called "service level" .  I want that service level to appear on every case for that one account.

Would I do this with an S-Control?  Any advice would be AWESOME!

Lauren
  • May 23, 2007
Hello,

I hope this is the place to ask for help :)

I want to populate the case field "country" with the user field "country". This would be done when a new case is created. The user field country would be read-only for the user and I would have another field depending on this one.

Many thanks to the one who helps :smileyhappy:

Miguel
I am trying to accomplish the following for a client:
1.On the original opportunity there is an autonumber field for Opty ID. (the number would look like IGS-#####)
2. When the opportunity is cloned we want to copy that automated number into a field called Original Oppurtonity ID. So far we have gotten as far as getting the hex equivilant copied but cannot seem to find a way to get the actual number.

My client needs the original ID for reporting purposes otherwise we would just go with copying the name of the original id.

Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I have a project number field in a custom object that is updated by our project managers.  We would also like to keep track of this field in a custom opportunity field on the related opportunity.  How can I update the opportunity field when the field on the custom object is updated by a project manager?  Any help would be great.  Thanks.
PRIORVALUE on CONTACT entity:

I am trying to write a Custom Formula (Field Update) that uses PRIORVALUE for MAILING ADDRESS fields. (Street, City... etc). The PRIORVALUE works fine when the prior value of these fields is not blank. In the case when the prior value of all these fields* (and not one of the fields) is blank, it returns the MAILING ADDRESS information of the associated ACCOUNT.

I want to update certain fields when the MAILING ADDRESS information (any field) changes and due to the problem explained above, it is not working when all the fields are blank.

Anyone please suggest.

Thanks
Hi All--

I have a issue and I wonder if anyone has ever come across it before.  I want to create two opportunity level custom fields that sum up different products associated with the opportunity.  I.E., Opportunity Custom Field A sums the amounts of products 1,2 and 4; Opportunity Custom Field B sums the amounts of products 3 & 5.  These are different types of products (software and services,) so you should be able to look up by the names.  

I've tried this a few different ways, using both custom fields and s-controls and I can't seem to get it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BW
Calculationg Shipping Quotes
One of the necessities of the promotioanl products industry  is being able to calculate  freight costs on Drop Shipments. As a dstributor- we ship fro our manufactuer to our client.
Has anyone come up with a formula that allows input of:
Zip Code of Vendor to
Zip Code of client.
Weight of box.
How many boxes are shipping.
Choice of shipping method(UPS, FedEx, DHL)
Results to show the published rates of the designated carrier
Alternate: Abiltity to put in our own account number for any of the package companies to get our discounted rate.

This would be the great time saver of all time!

Abie
Hi
I am trying to create a sales order using the mail merge option present in Salesforce.I have some custom objects related to my Opportunity layout.
Although the merge fields of the custom object are visible in the Salesforce office edition,they don't return any value?
Any inputs?

Thanks,
Kaushik
 Hi All,
Is there a way to Over-ride standard buttons on the edit page?Like overiride the Save button.
Basically I need to add additional functionality to the Save Button.

Also is there a way to call the Save button as a function?

Thanks

Kaushik

Message Edited by Kaushik on 04-07-2007 03:03 PM

I am pretty new to using Sforce custom fields, but pretty experienced with computer jargon....Can someone tell me why this error (Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function CASE(). Expected 6, received 7) is happening in the following formula and how I can fix it.

Code:
CASE( Frequency__c ,  IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "Low") , 1, 0) , 1, IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "Moderate") , 2, 0), 2,IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "High") , 3, 0),3)  *  CASE( Severity__c , IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "Low") , 2, 0), 2, IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "Moderate") , 3, 0) , 3,IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "High") , 5, 0),5)

What I am trying to do is have a picklist value return a number so I can multiply two picklist values together to obtain a number.  The picklist values are Low, Moderate, High for both frequency and severity.  I want to multiply the values to obtain an Impact Score....thanks!