• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem here, I need a field that generates an random 7 digits number when a record is created. Can anyone think of a way on how to do this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi all,

I just wanted to share the way I configured the application so that I can have a 1:1 relationship between Accounts and a Custom Object. Hopefully this will help someone:

On the Custom Object

1 Have a look up to Account
2 Create a custom text field (50 characters or less) (name can be anything e.g AID)
3 Make sure to tick the "Do not allow duplicates" box
4 Make the text field available to everyone but don't put it in the page layout

On Workflow Rules

1 Create a rule related to your custom object that executes everytime a record is created or updated
2 Set it to some "Common Sense" criteria e.g mine is when "Owner" not equal to "null"
3 Create a field update from that Workflow rule you just created
4 In the wizard set the field to update to that text field you created in your custom object (e.g AID)
5 In the formula enter the name of the lookup field to account (eg. account_c)

Save and activate the rule and that should do the trick. Everytime the user tries to create a record a second record related to that same account, they will get a Data Uniqueness Violation error message :)

Hope it helps.

Hi all,

I am trying to grab the contents from a custom text area field in account and write them (inherit them) to another record type with an scontrol. It all works fine except for when there are line breaksin the field and I haven't been able to work out a function that will let me encode the values of the carriage returns within the text area and write them on the new record.

Could anyone please provide some help on this?

Thanks and best regards.

Hi all,

I am trying to grab the contents from a custom text area field in account and write them (inherit them) to another record type with an scontrol. It all works fine except for when there are line breaksin the field and I haven't been able to work out a function that will let me encode the values of the carriage returns within the text area and write them on the new record.

Could anyone please provide some help on this?

Thanks and best regards.