• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

SimonF (or anyone :) ),
You recently helped me getting contact updates working.  Im wondering what changes would be required to make it update multiple contacts at once if I pass it a value.

qr = binding.query("select Id,Email from Contact where Email = " + thisEmail + "");

binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;

What would be required to update every contact returned in that query?

Single updates are working flawlessly (different code structure), even multiple iterations of single updates, but I want to accomplish passing the email address of the current contact in my DataTable and then update every contact in salesforce with a matching email address (which i dont have in my DataTable.  Anyone have any tips? Thank you in advance.

If anyone has a block of code that updates multiple contacts I could probably convert that to do what I need if you are willing to share.
Is it possible to hide or turn off a button in the Activity History section of a Case layout using an S-Control, CSS, or otherwise?  I have tried several methods and none seem to have the effect we are after.  If anyone knows a trick to  hide a single button or turn it off please let me know.  Thank you.

I read that Winter might have the ability, can anyone confirm if thats true?
I am working on creating some tools for our users and have run into a bit of a problem.  I need to be able to update a Contact record, a single Date field, to the current date at the time the tool is run.  I know how to handle the data but I am unable to figure out how to get a simple Update working properly.

I have a field, Last_Submission__c
It is a field in the Contact record
I will know the Id, Name, Email, anything that is required to update it.

Does anyone have a simple sample that will update a single Contact record?  Rather then digging through other elaborate samples I am hoping someone can do a simple start-to-finish run through on the method used to achieve this 'properly' that I can start over from.

I have been through the various samples available as well as ~70 posts here about the same topic but I am not finding anything that helps.

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.  Thanks.

SimonF (or anyone :) ),
You recently helped me getting contact updates working.  Im wondering what changes would be required to make it update multiple contacts at once if I pass it a value.

qr = binding.query("select Id,Email from Contact where Email = " + thisEmail + "");

binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;

What would be required to update every contact returned in that query?

Single updates are working flawlessly (different code structure), even multiple iterations of single updates, but I want to accomplish passing the email address of the current contact in my DataTable and then update every contact in salesforce with a matching email address (which i dont have in my DataTable.  Anyone have any tips? Thank you in advance.

If anyone has a block of code that updates multiple contacts I could probably convert that to do what I need if you are willing to share.
Is it possible to hide or turn off a button in the Activity History section of a Case layout using an S-Control, CSS, or otherwise?  I have tried several methods and none seem to have the effect we are after.  If anyone knows a trick to  hide a single button or turn it off please let me know.  Thank you.

I read that Winter might have the ability, can anyone confirm if thats true?
I am working on creating some tools for our users and have run into a bit of a problem.  I need to be able to update a Contact record, a single Date field, to the current date at the time the tool is run.  I know how to handle the data but I am unable to figure out how to get a simple Update working properly.

I have a field, Last_Submission__c
It is a field in the Contact record
I will know the Id, Name, Email, anything that is required to update it.

Does anyone have a simple sample that will update a single Contact record?  Rather then digging through other elaborate samples I am hoping someone can do a simple start-to-finish run through on the method used to achieve this 'properly' that I can start over from.

I have been through the various samples available as well as ~70 posts here about the same topic but I am not finding anything that helps.

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.  Thanks.