• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all

I am trying to figure out exactly how to use the "keyword" attribute of the knowledge:articeList tag.  According to the guide:

The search keyword if the search is not null. When the keyword attribute is specified, the results are sorted by keyword relevance and the sortBy attribute is ignored.

So two questions about this:

1. What happens if you put in more than one keyword?  Does it act the same way as it does when searching native knowledge articles?

2. Will it search inside files which have been associated with knowledge articles using File fields?

Thx,

Hamayoun

I have a Java native app I am trying to implement Oauth for. I have gone thru this article by Pat Patterson:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com

I am a little lost on a couple of points. I can work out how to make a call from Java to the initial URL (https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?response_type=token&client_id=xxx&redirect_uri=myapp:oauth&display=full). From what I can see, this returns a redirect. What exactly does the Java app have to do to bring up the browser window with the authorization request?  And how does the Java app then get back the reponse with the tokens?

Thx, Hamayoun

Hi

I've just been watching the Summer 13 webinar, and was interested in the new Publisher Action functionality.  Now according to the release notes:

Global create actions let users create object records, but there’s no automatic relationship between the record that’s created and any other record. You can add global actions to page layouts for the home page, the Chatter tab, and object detail pages.

And it also says:

The page layout editor has a new Actions category in the palette and a new Chatter Feed section on the layout. You can use
the page layout editor to customize the actions in the publisher for each object type and page layout. You can drag actions
from the palette to the Chatter Feed section of the page layout and order them as you wish.

I want to add a Create Account action on the home page layout, but can't figure out where the page layout for the home page is.  It sounds from the release notes that there is a way to do this.  Any thoughts out there?

Thx,

Hamayoun

Which fields, either standard or custom, are searchable in Knowledge Artciles?  I think the following are:

• Title 
  • Summary
  • Attached Word files

Anything else?  What about text custom fields?

Thx,

Hamayoun

Hi

Is it possible to use Email To Case by sending emails directly to the SFDC email address, instead of forwarding to that address from an email server?  For some customers, security may not allow them to forward email outside their firewall, and may also prevent them from deploying the Email To Case agent.

Thx,

Hamayoun

Hi all

According to the docs, this is supported in VF.  I get a compile error whenever I try and use it,  For example, here I am trying to do a lookup to the User object:

{!vlookup( $ObjectType.User.Fields.Name, $ObjectType.User.Fields.Id, hist.CreatedById )}

The compile error I get is:

"Error: Function VLOOKUP may not be used in this type of formula"

Any ideas out there?

Can the new Dynamic Visualforce Components be used to generate an outputText tag with merge fields, such that the merge fields are resolved when the page is displayed?  Something like this.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="dynamicSample">
Name: <apex:dynamicComponent componentValue="{!dynamicName}"/> 
</apex:page>

public class dynamicSample {
public Component.Apex.OutputText getName () {
String x = new Component.Apex.OutputText;
x.value = "{!Account.Name}" ;
return x ;

Does using the metedata update()  function overwrite anything that is being updated, or does it simply append any new items?  Specifically, if you attempt to update a picklist this way, will it delete any entries that are currently in the org but not in the pikclit values being passed in?

Hello

I am trying to access dynamic dashboards, which is a Summer 10 feature, on a sandbox org on cs1.  It does not seem to be there.  Has Summer 10 been released on CS1?

Hello,

I need to deactivate a time based workflow in order to change the time, and then reactivate it. What happens to existing items on the workflow queue? Will they be dequeued and requeued with the new time? Has anyone actually done this in the real world?

Cheers,

Hamayoun

Hello

I am overriding the Edit and View buttons of a custom object with a VF page.  When I try and access a record which, ouside VF, would not be accessible by a specific user, I get the 'Data Not Available' error when bringing up the VF page for that specific user.  However, I thought that VF pages run as the system user.  So why am I getting this problem?  Any work rounds?

Thx,

Hamayoun

Hi

I would like a simple answer to this. We are going to create a batch job, which will calculate some totals on a hierarchical custom object.  We want the batch job to run every day.  Can it be scheduled using the Scheduler?  If so, does anyone have an example of how?  If not, how can this be done, preferably with details?

Thx,

Hamayoun 

Hi

I thought that with Spring 10, the limits for collections had been removed.  When I do a count() query which returns more than 10,000 records it still fails with this error:

System.Exception: Too many query rows: 10001 

Is there any way around this in Spring 10?  Other than to loop and count?

Thx,

Hamayoun

Hello

The online help shows how to use List Buttons when the Content Source is "OnClick JavaScript".  It shows this example:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")} 

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Case)};
var newRecords = [];

if (records[0] == null)
{
alert("Please select at least one row")
}
else
{
for (var n=0; n<records.length; n++) {
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.id = records[n];
c.Status = "New";
newRecords.push(c);
}

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);

window.location.reload();
}

How can I do something similar in VF/Apex?  In particular, how do we mimic the GETRRECORDIDS functionality?

I want to setup Delegated Authentication for an org, and I have done this already.  My question is this.  If you bookmark a link within SFDC, then try and go to that link before logging in, then without Delegated Auth, after logging in you will be redirected to the bookmarked page.  If you use Delegated Auth, will the same thing happen?  If not, is there a way of making it happen?

TIA,

Hamayoun

I am using an @future method.  I am seeing some failures in the Apex Log, but there is no information there as to why it failed.  In addition, the usual 'Developer Script Exception' email is NOT being sent out.  Now I suspect that there is a problem with the governor limits.  But I seem to have hit a problem in trying to verify this.  The Dev Guide says:

When a batch Apex job is run, email notifications are not sent to the LastModifiedBy

user who changed the class when the exception occurred. You must create your own facility for exception handling such as sending an email message using Apex when an exception occurs. 

Assuming that what holds for batch Apex jobs is also true for @future methods, this would mean I would need to put a try-catch clause in my method, and email the necessary contacts in the catch.  However, the Dev Guide also says this:

Limit exceptions caused by an execution governor cannot be caught. 

This sounds like a Catch 22.... @future methoods won't send notifications caused by exceeding governor limits, but doesn't allow you to catch them either!   Can someone please help me out here????

I have written a Meta API program which tries to deploy triggers, in order to activate or inactivate them.  It works fine on Linux, but when I build the same source code on Windows and run it, it seems to deploy correctly, but nothing is updated.  Has anyone seen this?

Hi

I want to migrate a Profile using the Metadata Api, or the Eclipse IDE.   The problem is that the License of the Profile is not part of the metadata.  The profiles I want to migrate have a license of 'Salesforce Platform', but when I migrate them, it seems to get set to 'Salesforce'.  How can I get round this?

Thx,

Hamayoun 

Hi

In the VF page below, when the page loads, the focus goes to the "Encounter Date" field, which is a date field. This then causes the calendar pop-up to come as soon as a user loads the page, which is very annoying. Why is this happening?

Thx,
Hamayoun

HiI am using the Metadata API to extract Profiles. When I use the wildcard format in the package.xml file:

<members>*</members>

<name>Profile</name>

This works fine.  But when I try and get individual profiles, and the profile has a comma in its name, it does not extract that profile.  So for example:

<member>Profile 1></members>

<member>Profile 1, Read Only></members> 

<name>Profile>

extract "Profile 1" but does not extract "Profile 1, Read Only".

TIA,

Hamayoun 

Hi

I've just been watching the Summer 13 webinar, and was interested in the new Publisher Action functionality.  Now according to the release notes:

Global create actions let users create object records, but there’s no automatic relationship between the record that’s created and any other record. You can add global actions to page layouts for the home page, the Chatter tab, and object detail pages.

And it also says:

The page layout editor has a new Actions category in the palette and a new Chatter Feed section on the layout. You can use
the page layout editor to customize the actions in the publisher for each object type and page layout. You can drag actions
from the palette to the Chatter Feed section of the page layout and order them as you wish.

I want to add a Create Account action on the home page layout, but can't figure out where the page layout for the home page is.  It sounds from the release notes that there is a way to do this.  Any thoughts out there?

Thx,

Hamayoun

I am trying to update an article type using the API, but anytime I try to update the save result contains an error which reads: "entity type cannot be updated: KBA".  The status code is: "CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY".  Is it not possible to update articles, or is this just a permission issue that I am overlooking?

Can the new Dynamic Visualforce Components be used to generate an outputText tag with merge fields, such that the merge fields are resolved when the page is displayed?  Something like this.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="dynamicSample">
Name: <apex:dynamicComponent componentValue="{!dynamicName}"/> 

public class dynamicSample {
public Component.Apex.OutputText getName () {
String x = new Component.Apex.OutputText;
x.value = "{!Account.Name}" ;
return x ;

Does using the metedata update()  function overwrite anything that is being updated, or does it simply append any new items?  Specifically, if you attempt to update a picklist this way, will it delete any entries that are currently in the org but not in the pikclit values being passed in?

Hi everyone,

can anyone help me out how to solve the issue.

we have territory management is enable on our environment.

when we create Accounts teritory rules will run and the Account will assign to particular user based on the Zipcode we enterted.

same need to happen when we edit the record and change the zipcode, but its not happening while editing the records.

can this be solve by trigger or apex job??

thanks in Advance :smileyhappy:

Does anybody know if you can generate the text body of a MailTemplate inside Apex without sending an email?

For example, I want to genereate the body text of a MailTemplate for a preview screen before sending the email.

Another example, f you are creating a custom email page, and you want to mimic the functionality of the Activity Send Email page.

The standard email send page will generate the body text and put it on the page. Wondering if anyone has done similar for a custom VF page?

is there any way to enable chatter only to specific profiles?

Hello

I am overriding the Edit and View buttons of a custom object with a VF page.  When I try and access a record which, ouside VF, would not be accessible by a specific user, I get the 'Data Not Available' error when bringing up the VF page for that specific user.  However, I thought that VF pages run as the system user.  So why am I getting this problem?  Any work rounds?

Thx,

Hamayoun

Hi

I would like a simple answer to this. We are going to create a batch job, which will calculate some totals on a hierarchical custom object.  We want the batch job to run every day.  Can it be scheduled using the Scheduler?  If so, does anyone have an example of how?  If not, how can this be done, preferably with details?

Thx,

Hamayoun 

Hi

I thought that with Spring 10, the limits for collections had been removed.  When I do a count() query which returns more than 10,000 records it still fails with this error:

System.Exception: Too many query rows: 10001 

Is there any way around this in Spring 10?  Other than to loop and count?

Thx,

Hamayoun

I have a C# application that calls an Apex webservice that I built in a dev org, packaged, and installed in our production org.

The webservice has an 87% test coverage score. The application has been thoroughly tested against the dev org. I created a user in the production org and given that user the exact same rights (as far as I can tell) that I had in my dev org.

When I run the application in our production org, it fails whenever it calls the webservice with the "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader" error.

Please note that this is the identical code in both orgs. The only difference is in the user that makes the call.

What's going on?

TIA,

John

I can use the listViews tag to show the list views in a VF page

Is there any way of getting the records similar to GetRecordIds?

How would I link a VF button to these records?

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some unexpected behavior when trying to use the apex:repeat function to render tabs....

Basically it seems that tabs cannot be created on demand?  My controller is definitely returning data... as the second page block in my sample will show... repeat works - just the tabs are not rendered..

I'm sure any of you guys can see where I was going with this - and I guess I can achieve a similar result by dropping down to boring old html - just trying to use the standard components (as per best practice)

Any assistance greatly appreciated - as the purist coder me is seriously disturbed at the moment...

here is my 'simplified' and easily testable page & controller

Code: VF PAGE
<apex:page controller="clsRecordType">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:tabPanel id="theTabPanel">
            <apex:tab label="Account Types"/>
            <apex:repeat value="{!RecordTypes}" var="types">
                <apex:tab label="{!types.Name}"/>     
            </apex:repeat>
        </apex:tabPanel>
    </apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:repeat value="{!RecordTypes}" var="types">
            {!types.Name}<br/>       
        </apex:repeat>
    </apex:pageBlock>

and the controller

Code:
public class clsRecordType {

list<RecordType> lrecordtypes;

public list<RecordType> getRecordTypes() {
        if(lrecordtypes==null) lrecordtypes = [Select Name, Id, Description From RecordType  where SobjectType = 'Account' and IsActive=True];
        return lrecordtypes;
        }
   }