• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

How can I, via API or through the webpage, determine which record (contact/account) is active at the moment? And with active I mean which contact/account I'm working in right now. This to add values to the current account/contact from within an external application.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

currently I'm developing an SalesForce integration with a call application. This application provides an integrated webbrowser in which I want to load the normal SalesForce interface/application.
When a call is coming in, I want to automatically search for the account/contact who is calling in SalesForce.
Initially, I have done some investigating on the SF API which I can use. I can search directly some SQL statements for the necessary information. However, in that case I do need to develop an interface myself. What I basically want is that I use the complete SalesForce interface within my application, and that when I search for a Contact for example, that I display that contact information in SF the same way as when I've done a search in SF manually.
In that way, the user can work in SF whole day, with the standard interface, only they have another skin and additional functionality in the parent application.

As this is my first SF development, any help is appreciated. Btw, I want to develop it in ASP.NET

TIA, Rutger
Hello,

How can I, via API or through the webpage, determine which record (contact/account) is active at the moment? And with active I mean which contact/account I'm working in right now. This to add values to the current account/contact from within an external application.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

currently I'm developing an SalesForce integration with a call application. This application provides an integrated webbrowser in which I want to load the normal SalesForce interface/application.
When a call is coming in, I want to automatically search for the account/contact who is calling in SalesForce.
Initially, I have done some investigating on the SF API which I can use. I can search directly some SQL statements for the necessary information. However, in that case I do need to develop an interface myself. What I basically want is that I use the complete SalesForce interface within my application, and that when I search for a Contact for example, that I display that contact information in SF the same way as when I've done a search in SF manually.
In that way, the user can work in SF whole day, with the standard interface, only they have another skin and additional functionality in the parent application.

As this is my first SF development, any help is appreciated. Btw, I want to develop it in ASP.NET

TIA, Rutger
Has anyone had any success with CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). If would be extremely beneficial to users to have call center features such as bringing up a contact from a phone call. However, reading the Skype App reviews it seems that it is only for opportunities and got a fully developed solution. Another option I found is this:

However, the .de url and the fact that I could not find a mention of mirage of the salesforce appexchange very sceptical.

Please let me know of my option regarding CTI.