• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am looking for the code on how to refresh the detail iframe of the console. I am currently using the following function:

function goBack(Id)
{
// This brings me back to the correct record if an Object Id is given.
var r = "{!Scontrol.URL}".split(/salesforce.com/);
var whichId = "";
if (Id != null) whichId = Id;
var returnUrl = r[0] + "salesforce.com/"+whichId;
window.parent.location.href = returnUrl;
}

This works perfect but when it refreshes the iframe it includes the banners of salesforce in the detail frame! probably i should add a parameter to the returnUrl. Normally I use "&isdtp=mn" which I add to a link but if I do it in my script I get a message that the url no longer exists.

All help is greatly appreciated!
  • February 02, 2007
Hello,

In the new winter release it is possible to overwrite the edit function of tasks. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following with an s-control:

1. when clicking on the edit link of a task that you can see but do not own
2. that you could change to a user that has modify all data rights and then go to the task edit page
3. then change the owner and save the task
4.  then switch back to your own user

If anybody could give me feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

• January 24, 2007
Hi,

I have created an s-control which I have put behind a button on Case. This S-control takes the Account linked to the Asset and links this Account to the Case instead of taking the Account from the selected contact. My S-control works like a charm but only with the administrator profile. Can anyone comment on this?

Does anyone have some documentation about how to speed up performance of s-controls?

Thks a lot!
  • January 17, 2007
Hello,

In the new winter release it is possible to overwrite the edit function of tasks. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following with an s-control:

1. when clicking on the edit link of a task that you can see but do not own
2. that you could change to a user that has modify all data rights and then go to the task edit page
3. then change the owner and save the task
4.  then switch back to your own user

If anybody could give me feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

• January 24, 2007
Hi,

I have created an s-control which I have put behind a button on Case. This S-control takes the Account linked to the Asset and links this Account to the Case instead of taking the Account from the selected contact. My S-control works like a charm but only with the administrator profile. Can anyone comment on this?

Does anyone have some documentation about how to speed up performance of s-controls?

Thks a lot!
  • January 17, 2007
Hi Formula Authors,
Now that the Winter ’07 release is here, I wanted to alert you to some key formula enhancements in the release.  

Language changes
  • Max formula size increases from 1000 to 1300 characters.  (No change in the max compiled size limit of 4K)
  • No more curly braces on merge fields in formulas:  {!AccountName}  --> AccountName
  • Access to “global variables” in formulas: $Organization, $User (current user), $Profile (current user's profile), $UserRole (current user's role)
  • Access to Record Type field ($RecordType.Name)
New functions
  • DATEVALUE(datetime), DATEVALUE(text) – Convert a datetime field or a text field to a date field
  • FIND (start_text, text [, start_num]) - return the position of the string search_text within the string text
  • SUBSTITUTE (text, old_text, new_text) - find instances of the string old_text in the string text and replace with new_text
  • BR() – insert a line break in a text formula
  • MIN( num1, num2, num3,…) , MAX( num1, num2, num3…) – return the min or max value from the input parameters
  • New functions for validation rules: ISCHANGED (field), PRIORVALUE (field), ISNEW()
  • Advanced functions for S-Control scripting: LINKTO, URLFOR, INCLUDE, GETRECORDIDS
Other enhancements
  • HYPERLINK formulas can now use any protocol handler (e.g., "javascript:" instead of "http:")
  • IMAGE formulas now work in email and mail merge (Microsoft Word) templates
  • TEXT function now accepts datetime values as well as numeric values
Formula Editor changes
  • Field Type picklist allows selection of object (current object, $profile, $user, etc.)
  • Insert Operator is now a menu button instead of separate buttons for each operator
New uses for formula expressions
We are now leveraging our formula language in a number of new and powerful ways. 
  • Workflow field update actions (Enterprise & Unlimited Edition) - set and store field values in currency, number, percent, text, date, and date/time fields based on a formula expression
  • Validation rules - Boolean formula expressions that can prevent incorrect data from being saved
  • Default field values - initial values to be populated in fields when new records are created
  • Server-side formula expressions for S-Controls
For more details, please check out the Winter '07 Release Notes, available from the Help and Training link in the application banner.

Regards,
Eric Bezar
Platform Product Management

• January 08, 2007