• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If I assign a Lead to a queue using the API, by assigning its OwnerID to the Id of the queue, no email notification seems to be fired which is annoying. Is this expected behaviour?

If I created a lead using the API but instead of assigning its ownerID to a queue, I specified a specific assignment rule, so that the lead is put into the right queue rather than directly, could I expect the email notification then?

It would be tedious to have to generate my own notification messages.

Hi. I need my users while editing opportunities to pick from a list which I can update by API. I think you can't do this using simple picklists through the API?

I wondered about doing it by populating a series of custom objects with my picklist values, and having them attach the custom object with that value to the opportunity. The trouble is I really wanted to do this through dependent picklists to simplify picking from a very large list, and so I don't think that's going to work :-<

Can anyone think of a work around to this? Aside from manually getting someone to change things every time the picklist value changes.

Thanks!
Moray
Hi all. I'm confused, and would welcome some help. In an activities-based report within salesforce.com, I use the Activity Id field to give the Id number.

I then export to Excel. Let's say the Excel spreadsheet contains only one Actitivity, Id is 00U20000001Rx6d

Later, we read back the spreadsheet with some changes. I build an SOSQL string like this:

SELECT Id,Outcome__c,TookPlace__c FROM Event WHERE ( Id='00U20000001Rx6d')

and I get one Event (the right one) back, which I read into a keyed dictionary. However, the Event object I read from the API has an Id of 00U20000001Rx6dEAC.

So why is it that the report gives 15-character Ids, and the API reports 18-character Ids on the same item? It makes it difficult to match them up. Is it always safe to reduce the 18-character Id to a 15-character one?

Yours,
Moray

hi, bit of a problem with ActivityHistory

Documentation on ActivityHistory states:

Issue a SOQL relationship query with a main clause that references the object, and an inner clause that references the activity history, for example:
SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate, Description from ActivityHistory) FROM Account WHERE Id = '" + accId + "'"

When I issue this call from within my app:
SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate, Description from ActivityHistory) FROM Account WHERE Id = '00120000002dYd4'

the API returns me this error:
INVALID_TYPE: Didn't understand relationship 'ActivityHistory' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

So either the documentation or the API is wrong? Anyone know the correct way to get a list of activity history entries as part of an SOQL relationship query?

Cheers,
Moray

Hi all. I'm confused, and would welcome some help. In an activities-based report within salesforce.com, I use the Activity Id field to give the Id number.

I then export to Excel. Let's say the Excel spreadsheet contains only one Actitivity, Id is 00U20000001Rx6d

Later, we read back the spreadsheet with some changes. I build an SOSQL string like this:

SELECT Id,Outcome__c,TookPlace__c FROM Event WHERE ( Id='00U20000001Rx6d')

and I get one Event (the right one) back, which I read into a keyed dictionary. However, the Event object I read from the API has an Id of 00U20000001Rx6dEAC.

So why is it that the report gives 15-character Ids, and the API reports 18-character Ids on the same item? It makes it difficult to match them up. Is it always safe to reduce the 18-character Id to a 15-character one?

Yours,
Moray

hi, bit of a problem with ActivityHistory

Documentation on ActivityHistory states:

Issue a SOQL relationship query with a main clause that references the object, and an inner clause that references the activity history, for example:
SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate, Description from ActivityHistory) FROM Account WHERE Id = '" + accId + "'"

When I issue this call from within my app:
SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate, Description from ActivityHistory) FROM Account WHERE Id = '00120000002dYd4'

the API returns me this error:
INVALID_TYPE: Didn't understand relationship 'ActivityHistory' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

So either the documentation or the API is wrong? Anyone know the correct way to get a list of activity history entries as part of an SOQL relationship query?

Cheers,
Moray