• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm working with a few date fields in Visual Workflow, and the date fields on my records update fine. However, there are a few places where I'd like a date to be part of a record's name. I've created a text template for the record name that combines the date in question as well as other information such as last name. I've got some Record Updates that then populate the name field. This works fine.

The issue is that when displayed through the text template, the date is displayed as Month DD, YYYY (e.g., "November 16, 2012"). I'd like to minimize characters in my record names, so would prefer either MMDDYYYY or MM/DD/YYYY. I've tried formating the date in the text template as I would in a standard formula field or other places, but nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm guessing this is very simple and I'm just missing something.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

I'm working with a few date fields in Visual Workflow, and the date fields on my records update fine. However, there are a few places where I'd like a date to be part of a record's name. I've created a text template for the record name that combines the date in question as well as other information such as last name. I've got some Record Updates that then populate the name field. This works fine.

The issue is that when displayed through the text template, the date is displayed as Month DD, YYYY (e.g., "November 16, 2012"). I'd like to minimize characters in my record names, so would prefer either MMDDYYYY or MM/DD/YYYY. I've tried formating the date in the text template as I would in a standard formula field or other places, but nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm guessing this is very simple and I'm just missing something.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Hi all:

I have a custom Site, using pure VF with all the headers turned off. It's desired to allow the users access to Documents (and this has been configured on the security side).

With the header turned off, we lose the Documents tab.

Any straightforward way to let my users "back into" the Documents area?

• October 07, 2009