• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I simply want a checkbox inside Salesforce to be set using by C# code.

In C# code i am declaring a variable of object type account(Using enterprise wsdl),then setting object.flagValue = true,i sucessfully update the record but flag value doesnt get set.

There is no exception thrown,

Can anyone point out what wrong i am doing.

Regards,
Saurabh
Hi All,

Can anyone help me on Salesforce.com Integration with SeeBeyond,if possible please forward me links where i can get help on same.

Regards,
Saurabh Rawane
Hi All,

My Org has a quick quote creation system where they create quotes according to needs of customers,pain point is that current system stores all quotes that is each modification made while creating a quote is stored also there is no ways to identify which is the correct quote,now i want to link dump from this database to Contact records in Salesforce,that is associate each Contact with quotes they have prepared,my Salesforce Application being a Salesforce Automation.

But if we pull all data around straight away we will have some hundreds of records related to contact with no way to understand which is correct and which is junk and to be discarded.

Have anyone come across any such situation and design approach implemented for the same.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Hi All,

Is there a ways we can automate report generation process in Salesforce,I want a Report to be out of Salesforce sent across to many through an email.Can anyone please suggest me a way.

Thanks in Advance..

Saurabh
Hi All,

Will it possible for me to do a report which will allow me a column which will have some prevoius report values in it,in simple terms is it possible to have a report which will have comparison between July and August values.

Thanks
Saurabh Rawane
Hi All,

Can following requirement work around in a XL connector,if yes please let me know how.

I will run a report and download that report to a XL,using Export to XL,now i will apply some complex formulas to calculate some values (which may not be possible in Salesforce),and now i need to the report back to Salesforce.
Will it work around using a XL connector.

Thanks in Advance

Saurabh
Hi,

Can any one help me connect to Salesforce using a Java Application when we have a internet connection which uses a proxy.
Some method names will be of great help.

Same way how Data Loader connects to when we specify proxy details in setting.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi All,

I have been working on Ajax proxy example to get data on to salesforce by making a call to external WebService.

By Envelope variable looks likes this:

var envelope='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>'+
    +'<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" '+
    +'xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">'+
     +'<soap:Body>'+
    +'<GetWeatherByPlaceName xmlns="http://www.webservicex.net">'+
    +'<PlaceName>'+c1+'</PlaceName>'+
    +'</GetWeatherByPlaceName></soap:Body>'+
    +'</soap:Envelope>';
And remote function looks like this:

sforce.connection.remoteFunction({
        url : "http://www.webservicex.net/soap",
        requestHeaders: {
                "Content-Type": "text/xml",
            "SOAPAction":  "\"\""
        },
        mimeType: "text/xml",
        requestData: envelope,
        method: "POST",
        onSuccess : function(response) {
            alert(response+'Test');
            document.getElementById("result").value = response.textContent;

},
        onFailure : function(response) {
             document.getElementById("result").value = "Failed  " + response.textContent;

}
    }
    );

I have been not getting any response using the above method,i have also made entry for the proxy in Salesforce,can anyone help me regarding this,or suggest some methods to track where i am facing problem.

Hi All,

I have signed up for a summer pre-realease,but i am not able to see any new things inside it,that is complex workflow criterias,assignment rules extra,is their something that needs to be activated for the same.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Refering this link http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Avoid_Creation_of_Duplicate_Account_Names can we have different S-controls running for different record type.

My need is having an New Button overided for one record type and a normal Salesforce new Entity Page for another record type.

Can there be a way to achieve this/Some work arnd will also do.?

Rgds,
Saurabh Rawane
  Hi All,

I want to assign my Custom Records to some queues or users based on some Assignment Rule is it possible inside Salesforce.com,if not do we have some work around to achieve this.

Thanks,
Saurabh Rawane
Hi All,

Where do i find a devloper account with Salesforce SOA enabled,also Platform Edition trail accounts..

Thanks,
Saurabh
   Hi All,

I am using partner wsdl,in my java program i am forming two SObject Arrays one for upsert and other for update.And i am making a upsert and update call using these two SObject.Following is the Error message that i am getting

INVALID_TYPE:all sObjects in create or update must be of same type ERROR---for upsert

INVALID_TYPE:sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.----for update.

Kindly help me into this.

Thanks,
Saurabh

I just wanted to someone to clear my doubt,it is regarding the Salesforce sandbox and production,

What is the thing that happens when the refresh our sandbox
i) Does all the data from the production gets reflected into the sandbox
ii) All the Custom Level changes made on the Production Environment gets reflected onto the sandbox.

Kindly help me into this...!!!
Hi,

Can any one help me connect to Salesforce using a Java Application when we have a internet connection which uses a proxy.
Some method names will be of great help.

Same way how Data Loader connects to when we specify proxy details in setting.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi All,

I have signed up for a summer pre-realease,but i am not able to see any new things inside it,that is complex workflow criterias,assignment rules extra,is their something that needs to be activated for the same.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Hi Everybody,
                       I have a situation where i need to add custom fields on Add Product page,
Can someone guide me through this.

Any help is Appriciated.

Thank You,

when I try to add it as a New Trigger in the contacts "buttons and links".
trigger ContAutoRegionTrigger on Contact (before insert,before update)
{
If((Trigger.new.MailingPostalcode=='94501' || Trigger.new.MailingPostalcode=='94502')&& (Trigger.new.MailingCountry== 'USA'))
{
Trigger.new.Region__C = 'BAY AREA';
}
else
{
Trigger.new.Region__C = 'north america';
}
}

I  get the error as:
Error: Compile Error: Single row trigger not allowed, use the bulk keyword at line 1 column 1

Regards
Reena

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function initSelectionInEditor() { setSelectionInEditor('Body', 0, 0) }setContentWindow(window);initSelectionInEditor();</SCRIPT>

Hi All,

Is there any App which does the validation of zip code based on country and city .

Eg. Some inbuilt  validations for ensuring that if it’s an US address, Zip code should not be more than 5 digits and if India 6 digits.

Thanks

Gani

Hi All,

I am facing following problem in Email2Case Agent.
If anyone having any idea about same ...... then please do reply to this blog.

Following is the error snapshort....

2007-06-07 18:15:14,138 [Thread-1] ERROR Unable to connect to mail service.
Service: xxxx.xxx.xxxx
User: xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
  nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Thanks in Advance
I have a requirement to send email to a administrator when an account's name has changed. I want to do the following:

1) Create a trigger on Account After Update
2) This trigger will call an S-Control that has interface for sending email (the same s-control example on the home page)
3) I would like to populate the S-Control body with the name of the old account and new account
4) User clicks on 'Send' which sends the email.

Please advise if this is doable and if yes, how this can be achieved. I am trying to find posts that shows how to call an s-control from trigger and pass parameters.

Alternatively, I Want some way to make the account name read only which I think is not possible out-of-the-box in Salesforce.com
  • June 02, 2007
Hello...

I'm an Admin that hasn't had to do a whole lot of customization, but I have fallen under a new IT group and they have some ideas that I think would be great to add to SF.

Since I've come onboard and done some research in our db, we have many many duplicate contacts.  I am dealing with that as a side note, but would like to know if I can add a pop up message to SF that is triggered when someone clicks create new contact, that basically says, "Please make sure to search the database before entering a new contact!" 

If I could do that in Red along with a button to have them confirm that they have, that would be even better.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi All,

Where do i find a devloper account with Salesforce SOA enabled,also Platform Edition trail accounts..

Thanks,
Saurabh
   Hi All,

I am using partner wsdl,in my java program i am forming two SObject Arrays one for upsert and other for update.And i am making a upsert and update call using these two SObject.Following is the Error message that i am getting

INVALID_TYPE:all sObjects in create or update must be of same type ERROR---for upsert

INVALID_TYPE:sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.----for update.

Kindly help me into this.

Thanks,
Saurabh

By using the Settings option, the Opportunity can configured so that for every new Opty entering a Product is  mandatory or required

But stlll there are chances that a person doesnt enters the product and still the opty gets created..

Suppose u save the Opty settings - now the save & add  button appears instead of save button ..So logically you will be redirected to product page as soon as you create a Opty. But in one of the pages to fill the product there is a cancel button ..which if u click u will be left with opty created and not the product underneath it.

Can any one hlp me on making product required for opportunity 100%
I just noticed that our SF instance has been moved from NA3 to NA5. When I try to explicitly login to NA3, I get  redirected to NA5 automatically. Will this redirect be supported indefinitely?
The issue is that we have custom code that sometimes creates links to objects using our instance URL. We will fix it to generate NA5 links from now on, but I wanted to check if we need to clean up old NA3 links and replace with NA5, in case the redirect will stop working at some point.

The scenario I'm talking about could be the following:
- A user is logged in into SF, redirected to NA5, and is looking at the Case record, a description of which contains a lilnk to an Opportunity, but the link is defined as https://na3.salesforce.com/zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks,
Oleg

• May 24, 2007
I just wanted to someone to clear my doubt,it is regarding the Salesforce sandbox and production,

What is the thing that happens when the refresh our sandbox
i) Does all the data from the production gets reflected into the sandbox
ii) All the Custom Level changes made on the Production Environment gets reflected onto the sandbox.

Kindly help me into this...!!!
Hi,

I am getting INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'meifYouCan' on entity 'case'. when I try to update the case Object.    SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.update(cases);
I am using API version 7.0

Any pointers in helping to resolve this?

thanks
Iris

• May 24, 2007
   How do I go about invoking a web service to an external application (also using web services)?  I'm trying to pass customer prospect information to our ERP upon lead conversion.

Few days back single row triggers were working fine , but now when i try to save them back it gives following error.

Error: Compile Error: Single row trigger not allowed, use the bulk keyword at line 1 column 1

Wht is wrong with Salesforce not supporting Single Row Triggers. ????

Hello,

In our application, we need to verify if a lead already exists, before we insert (create) a new one. One of the ways we are going to check for existing leads is based on email. i.e If a Lead with a certain email id already exists, it means it need not be inserted (created) again.

Now, we may have to insert thousands of leads at a time. Which in turn means verifying all those thousands of leads before we insert them. What is the best possible approach, keeping time in mind, to do this ? Note : Time is critical !

One approach that immediately comes to my mind is using a Query in Partner WSDL and passing a batch of say n email Ids at a time. i.e:

qr = stub.query("select email, FirstName, LastName, Id from Contact where email IN ('abc@asd.com', 'werr@dfdf.com' ,'cxvcv@uoa.edu','dfdf.fd@wer.com', 'fd@abc.com' ,...........)");    

1. Would this be a good idea ?
  2. It is never a great idea to fire a 'like' query in existing production database... so do I have a better option ?
  3. Firing a single call for each lead certainly seems a slower option ... isnt it ?

Thus can anyone suggest what is the best practice for such a scenario ?

Thanks,

Milan

• May 07, 2007
For checking of contact duplicates before inserting them is fine ,its works fine as i had written a before insert trigger for the same.

But i need something extra in the before insert trigger ........

1. To display the Account Name of already existing Contact Name in  SFDC (Done--Achieved)

2. A message or alert with yes or no button saying tht 'would u like to proceed with creating of this contact ,though its duplicate exists' and if he clicks yes then the contact shld be created..overriding the before insert trigger written by me ... (Help Needed on this)

Message Edited by Chirag Mehta on 05-07-2007 01:46 AM

Hello,

We are supposed to Create leads / contacts in Salesforce using Partner WSDL. There may be times when we will be creating more than 5000 leads. So we will be invoking multiple creates (depending upon the batch size).

Now, if there is any error in any one of the subsequent calls. How can I rollback the earlier data that was inserted into Salesforce ?

I tried searching the docs and also some old postings on the forum and it seems that this feature is not available... :( I hope I am wrong .

Thanks,
Milan
  • May 04, 2007
Hi,

I need atleast one and possibly a couple more S-Controls built.

If you know what you're doing should be pretty quick - you may already have some of this done.

First need is for a form to collect info for a new opportunity in a pop up form.  

User clicks "New Opportunity" button and a form pops up.
Collect basic info on the opportunity from a couple of standard fields (account, amount, close date) and atleast one custom field which will be a pick list.  This is likely to change (ie more/different fields added) so it needs to be built in a flexible manner

Once the info is collected, submit action on the form should create the opportunity record.  When creating the opportunity, the value in the custom pick list and the name of the account should be concatenated and placed in the Opportunity Name field. 

The user should be taken to the Opportunity Detail screen for the new opportunity - not the Opportunity Edit Screen.

If this one works out well, I'll probably have you build another S-Control that works in a similar fashion.  This will be a little more complicated though because it will collect info for the Account Object as well as a custom object that is a child to an account.  The script will need to create the Account Object, then the custom object and then take the user to the detail record of the custom object that was created.

All of this can be done remotely...please provide screen shots of similar Scontrols and an hourly rate and estimate of the time to complete the first one.

Thanks

Kevin