• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

We are facing a strange issue with Territory assignment rules.

we have set up territory assignment rules based onthe fields Marketing Domain and sales office which are available on Account object. the rules are working fine when i create a account directly in sfdc and edit & save the account on salesforce page.

When i create an account through Client Program, it is not working. we tried setting the territory id through assignment rule header through java program. we are encountering an error like Default cannot be null.
Please help us on this.

Code:

String assign_id = "04T20000000CcVl";

ID assign = new ID(assign_id);

_AssignmentRuleHeader arh = new _AssignmentRuleHeader();

arh.setAssignmentRuleId(assign);

bindingIM.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator().getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"AssignmentRuleHeader",arh)
Hi All,

I am trying to create accounts through Data Loader. The accounts are getting created but the account owner field is getting updated to the user id used for the operation. I am not sure why this error is encountered. I was able to load succesfully without any issues 2 days back. yesterday we did a sandbox refresh. The owner id in production and  sandbox for the users are same.
Can some one help us why this issue is encountered.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

We have a requirement where i need to generate a report showing the details of all the opportunities,activities,contacts,contracts linked to an account in one page. in sfdc, i noticed that at one time, i can generate report on two objects. request you to please provide us on some pointers on this. This is one of the critical client req..
is there a way to design our own reports in sfdc..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

we have set up territory assignment rules based onthe fields Marketing Domain and sales office which are available on Account object. the rules are working fine when i create a account directly in sfdc  and edit & save the account on salesforce page.

When i create an account through dataloader, the rules are not working. the same is case when i update the account through dataloader.

pls let us know what is missing and what corrective action

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I am facing an issue when i try to update the record type id for the case records to change the page layout.
i have two different pagelayouts.one for migrated cases and the other for salesforce cases. there are some migrated cases that are having a different layout then desired. so i tried to change the record type id value to the migrated record type, so that the page layout will be updated to migrated one.

But it is not updating and at the same time no errors are reported in the data loader.
Can some one pls help me in this.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need  to report all the cases that are closed directly on first call. For this i am using the field, closed when created to capture the needed information. But unfortunately,this field is not getting populated with the value. On our analysis, we have found that this is because of overriding close button. we have overridden the close button to include business rules. is there any way how i can capture whether a case is closed by save& close button or by close button.

Pls reply me.

Thanks,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i should not allow to close case page on clicking save& close button on case page,if case type is Claim. Please let me know how to develop this validation. I tried writing validation rule and is not working.

Please reply to this soon as this is critical business req.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

Is there a way to restrict the display of solutions with status "Draft". our requirement is not to solutions under draft to the case agent when does a search on solutions in salesforce search tab. is this possible? currently it is displaying solutions under draft status also even though the checkbox to make it public is not selected.

Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I am not able to load emails as cases in my sandbox system. everything is working fine..i ran the agent and no errors reported.
The last message i saw in the console is
2008-01-15 18:53:44,767 [main] INFO  com.sforce.mail.EmailService  loaded as a timer service.

can someone tell me wat is missing in this scenario..
i have two folders readbox and error for placing the processed and erroed mails in the folders respectively..but i can still see the mails as unread by the agent as they are still in inbox with unread status.

Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have createad a workflow rule that has two levels of approval steps. First level the approver is a queue called Back office and second level the approver is regional manager.
My requirement is when it is rejected by second level approver, i need to assing the item back to first level approver. But in the system, approval history shows it is rejected and assigned to  Second level approver.Instead is it possible to assign it back to first level approver(in this case it is queue).

Please pass on your ideas and suggestions on this.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I like to undergo technical tranining in SFDC. Can some one help me out in providing me the course details for various levels and price info. Please reply me at your convenient time.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have downloaded the email to case agent and trying to add   emails to cases and i am encountering an error saying.
Code:
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - ---SMTPNotification Error Report ---
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - ServerName: pop.gmail.com
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - ServerPort: 995
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - UserName: chanti372@gmail.com
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - Subclass: class com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - From: chanti372@gmail.com
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - To: uday372@yahoo.com
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - Severity: ERROR
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - Description: Configuration Problem. Error Code - SFDC_AUTHENTICATION_ERROR
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - Message: Invalid or locked out salesforce.com user ID or password in configuration.

SFDC Url:           https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0
SFDC User ID:       uday372@yahoo.com
SFDC Login Refresh: 30
SFDC Timeout:       600

Registered Services:
2007-12-27 08:28:39,064 65314 [main] ERROR com.sforce.mail.SMTPNotification  - javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: pop.gmail.com, port: 995, response: -1
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: pop.gmail.com, port: 995, response: -1

Can some one help me how to solve this.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

We have a requirement where i need to do validation on run time and not during Save of the record. That is, i have two custom fields Product Level 1,Product Level 2 which has the following values.
Product Level 1 - Carbon,Nitrogen,Oxygen,Methane
Product Level 2 - Medical Gas,Poisonous gas, Industrial gas
when i select Carbon in Level 1 and try to select Poisonous gas in level 2, at run time i should throw an error. Can some one help me how to do this at run time. We thought of validation rules,but they will run on clicking a button which is not the case here.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I am working on a requirement where i need to automate faxes received to cases in sfdc. Can some one give us links or docs that will help us to proceed on this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

We are working on a requirement, where once an attachment linked to an object should not be editable,deletable.Even the owner of the record should have view access. Cant we achieve this requirement in salesforce. Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have a requirement where the approval should be submitted to a queue(Group of users) and not to single user. this is needed so that any one part of this queue can approve the request.

Can some one tell me how to proceed ahead on this requirement..as the standard functionality allows to assign to a single user.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have written a java program that uses the method mentioned in the apex api guide to create accounts and contacts. I am using the login method and create method to create accounts and contacts in my developer edition. is this process secure to transfer records from my system to sfdc? i haven't done any thing on my system for ensuring the security..i am assuming the data transfer that is happening uses SSL Protocol by default. I am confident that this data cannot be tampered by third person..please advice me more on this like ..if there is any threat using normal method of account creation pls advice me on  various methods of  ensuring security ...and what extra code should i write for ensuring security..

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to close the case only if there are no open activities attached to it.
Any pointers on this how to proceed will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Udaya
Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to send account data to back end system whenever it is created in SFDC. This is a real time interfacing. Can some one tell me how it can be achieved. If you have any sample examples/user guides on this, please provide the same.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have created a button and on click of this i am trying to save a .txt file in to my local machine. PFB the code. But when i execute this, i am getting the following error.
Error: Number:-2146827859 Description:Automation server can't create object

Any solution on this will b really helpful.

Thanks,
Udaya

Code:
<html> 

<head> 

<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js" 

type="text/javascript"></script> 

<script> 
function WriteToFile() { 
try { 
var fso, s; 
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); 
s = fso.CreateFolder("C:\\test.txt", true); 
s.writeline("This is a test"); 
s.Close(); 
} 
catch(err){ 
var strErr = 'Error:'; 
strErr += '\nNumber:' + err.number; 
strErr += '\nDescription:' + err.description; 
document.write(strErr); 
} 
} 
</script> 
</head> 

<body onload="WriteToFile()"> 

<div id="output"> </div> 

</body>

Hi All,

We have a requirement where i need to generate a report showing the details of all the opportunities,activities,contacts,contracts linked to an account in one page. in sfdc, i noticed that at one time, i can generate report on two objects. request you to please provide us on some pointers on this. This is one of the critical client req..
is there a way to design our own reports in sfdc..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

we have set up territory assignment rules based onthe fields Marketing Domain and sales office which are available on Account object. the rules are working fine when i create a account directly in sfdc  and edit & save the account on salesforce page.

When i create an account through dataloader, the rules are not working. the same is case when i update the account through dataloader.

pls let us know what is missing and what corrective action

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need  to report all the cases that are closed directly on first call. For this i am using the field, closed when created to capture the needed information. But unfortunately,this field is not getting populated with the value. On our analysis, we have found that this is because of overriding close button. we have overridden the close button to include business rules. is there any way how i can capture whether a case is closed by save& close button or by close button.

Pls reply me.

Thanks,
Udaya
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i should not allow to close case page on clicking save& close button on case page,if case type is Claim. Please let me know how to develop this validation. I tried writing validation rule and is not working.

Please reply to this soon as this is critical business req.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I am working on a requirement where i need to automate faxes received to cases in sfdc. Can some one give us links or docs that will help us to proceed on this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

We are working on a requirement, where once an attachment linked to an object should not be editable,deletable.Even the owner of the record should have view access. Cant we achieve this requirement in salesforce. Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have written a java program that uses the method mentioned in the apex api guide to create accounts and contacts. I am using the login method and create method to create accounts and contacts in my developer edition. is this process secure to transfer records from my system to sfdc? i haven't done any thing on my system for ensuring the security..i am assuming the data transfer that is happening uses SSL Protocol by default. I am confident that this data cannot be tampered by third person..please advice me more on this like ..if there is any threat using normal method of account creation pls advice me on  various methods of  ensuring security ...and what extra code should i write for ensuring security..

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Udaya
Hi All,

I have created a button and on click of this i am trying to save a .txt file in to my local machine. PFB the code. But when i execute this, i am getting the following error.
Error: Number:-2146827859 Description:Automation server can't create object

Any solution on this will b really helpful.

Thanks,
Udaya

Code:
<html> 

<head> 

<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js" 

type="text/javascript"></script> 

<script> 
function WriteToFile() { 
try { 
var fso, s; 
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); 
s = fso.CreateFolder("C:\\test.txt", true); 
s.writeline("This is a test"); 
s.Close(); 
} 
catch(err){ 
var strErr = 'Error:'; 
strErr += '\nNumber:' + err.number; 
strErr += '\nDescription:' + err.description; 
document.write(strErr); 
} 
} 
</script> 
</head> 

<body onload="WriteToFile()"> 

<div id="output"> </div> 

</body>

Hi All,

Currently we have a requirement where i need to automate the process of Data migration. For example whenever a spreadsheet is saved in a particular folder, then a script should run that executed the apex data loader. Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Udaya
Hi All,

we have a requirement in which we are creating contract using API methods create. we are facing issue
in setting Date. I need to populate the date in this format with time stamp also..20070914T-0102. i need to move this value in to Start Date of contract. please help me how to do this..

Thanks.
UDAYA

Hi All,

Can some one help us how to go ahead for transferring data from SFDC to Oracle in batch mode.
Any pointers on this will be really helpful for us.

Thanks,
Udaya