• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I understand that I can set custom status values for a Campaign Status, but can I set custom values for the Campaign Member Status?
  • May 18, 2007
I'm working with a client that has their site integrated into SalesForce.  They would like to track when users download files from their site.  These downloads can be down anonymously, or by a logged in user (tied to a SalesForce Lead).  They would like to have this data follow the Lead through convertion into a Contact and/or Opportunity.  In the end they would like to see what people were downloading that eventually lead to a particular Opportunity.

Now, I'm not to savy with SalesForce in the first place, but here is my first solution.
I've created a Custom Object, "Download", with a lookup field tying it to a particular Lead.  I've then added fields for the download information (url, title,...).  I've enabled Reporting on the Custom Object.  This has allowed them to see which Leads have downloaded what and how much.  The problem is that I the information doesn't follow the Lead when it is converted (as Activity History does).

Am I looking at this the wrong way?  How should I track this type of information?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • May 15, 2007
I'm working with a client that has their site integrated into SalesForce.  They would like to track when users download files from their site.  These downloads can be down anonymously, or by a logged in user (tied to a SalesForce Lead).  They would like to have this data follow the Lead through convertion into a Contact and/or Opportunity.  In the end they would like to see what people were downloading that eventually lead to a particular Opportunity.

Now, I'm not to savy with SalesForce in the first place, but here is my first solution.
I've created a Custom Object, "Download", with a lookup field tying it to a particular Lead.  I've then added fields for the download information (url, title,...).  I've enabled Reporting on the Custom Object.  This has allowed them to see which Leads have downloaded what and how much.  The problem is that I the information doesn't follow the Lead when it is converted (as Activity History does).

Am I looking at this the wrong way?  How should I track this type of information?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • May 15, 2007