• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello SF Community,
I am using the Salesforce office edition plug-in for excel.  I am not using excel connector, yet.
In any case, the question I had was this.  I imported several reports onto several worksheets in my excel workbook.  If I modify any data in any of the cells, and then hit refresh all sheets, will this update the salesforce database, or will it overwrite any changes in the spreadsheet with data from sf database?

I would normally play around to find the answer, but I am working with live data and cannot afford to miss anything or have anyone report an incorrect value.

Thank you,
~nsirota
Hello SF Community,

I am brand new to Salesforce, and I am trying to compile a report.
We have added custom month fields under the Opportunity table (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.)
These fields contain the amount of earnings expected from an opportunity that particular month. 

The report that I am compiling needs to add the months into quarters (There is no field for quarterly earnings in the DB).

So the layout is as follows:
Jan =$10k
Feb =$10k
Mar =$10k

and I need to output to excel in form of:
Q1 Revenue = $30k

I have been messing with the formula fields for some time now and I cannot seem to figure out a way to sum the values of those fields. 

The error I get is:  "Field Feb__c does not exist. Check spelling."
I get this for all the months. Also the fields for months, even though they contain a currency value, were created as text fields.

The last formula I attempted to put in:

Label: Q1
Format: Number
Formula:
Jan__c + Feb__c + Mar__c

Also, the month fields do not appear under the drop down menu.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello SF Community,

I am brand new to Salesforce, and I am trying to compile a report.
We have added custom month fields under the Opportunity table (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.)
These fields contain the amount of earnings expected from an opportunity that particular month. 

The report that I am compiling needs to add the months into quarters (There is no field for quarterly earnings in the DB).

So the layout is as follows:
Jan =$10k
Feb =$10k
Mar =$10k

and I need to output to excel in form of:
Q1 Revenue = $30k

I have been messing with the formula fields for some time now and I cannot seem to figure out a way to sum the values of those fields. 

The error I get is:  "Field Feb__c does not exist. Check spelling."
I get this for all the months. Also the fields for months, even though they contain a currency value, were created as text fields.

The last formula I attempted to put in:

Label: Q1
Format: Number
Formula:
Jan__c + Feb__c + Mar__c

Also, the month fields do not appear under the drop down menu.

Thank you very much in advance!