• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know how to create a custom button that when clicked would automatically close all open opportunities?
  • March 25, 2008
Can someone help me write an s-control to update the account Typer field to Customer from Propsect when an opportunity on that account is marked Closed Won.  I am a novice at S-Controls.
  • December 18, 2007
The current process of linking child accounts to parent accounts is easy but our sales reps mess it up sometines and link an account to the wrong parent account. 

I would like to make it so there is a button on the account record that allows the user to create a child account that is automatically linked to the account on which the button was pushed.  Anybody do something like this or have any ideas?
  • June 20, 2007
I am tring to force a user to pick a picklist item in a Picklist field called Lost Reasons if the Opportunity Stage is Closed Lost.  I am using the following formula:
AND (  
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"),
     ISNULL(Lost_Reasons )
)

However, I get a syntax error message saying "Error: Field Lost_Reasons__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead."
What would be the proper way to do this?
Also, where is the best place to go to get information on conditional 
error formulas?

• June 17, 2007
I would like to have it so that when an Opportunity Stage equals Closed Won that the Type field on the Account Record associated to the opportunity changes from Prospect to Customer.  Is this possible? 
  • June 17, 2007
Hi,

I created an account record type called Customer.  How do I find the id for this record type?  I need it to insert/update accounts record type through the data loader.
  • June 07, 2007
I am getting the following error message when trying to log into salesforce.com from the Data Loader. "Failed to send request to Https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0"

What does this mean?

Is is some security setting at my company that is preventing the login request?
  • June 06, 2007
Is there a way to create a parent/child account relationship through the data loader? 

It does not seem like this is supported.  It looks like you must first create either the child or parent accounts and then extract them down and run another load with the other type and link them.
  • June 03, 2007
Can you perform an upsert where you find a match on two external ids instead of just one?  For example, update this record where account number = account number and group number = group number?
  • May 29, 2007
Hi,

I am looking to rename some of the standard fields in Salesforce like changing "account site" to "group number" or "shipping address line 1" to "office location address 1."  Anybody have experience with doing this?  Has it been successful or caused problems?  If you do go ahead and change things can you reverse your changes if you experience problems?

Any insight here would be great.
  • May 29, 2007
Three of us at our company are having an issue with Outlook Edition 3.2 using Outlook 2003 and Word 2000, where we get a "runtime error" in winword.exe when closing word docs. Does Salesforce Outlook Edition 3.2 support Word 2000 at all?
  • September 18, 2007
Hello Everyone -

I've created a Custom Field on an object that displays what user reconciled an expense. How can I lock that field so when the expense is created that it stays as the original user that created it?

As it is now the name keeps changing based on what user opens that expense.

Thanks!
I am tring to force a user to pick a picklist item in a Picklist field called Lost Reasons if the Opportunity Stage is Closed Lost.  I am using the following formula:
AND (  
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"),
     ISNULL(Lost_Reasons )
)

However, I get a syntax error message saying "Error: Field Lost_Reasons__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead."
What would be the proper way to do this?
Also, where is the best place to go to get information on conditional 
error formulas?

• June 17, 2007
I would like to have it so that when an Opportunity Stage equals Closed Won that the Type field on the Account Record associated to the opportunity changes from Prospect to Customer.  Is this possible? 
  • June 17, 2007
I am getting the following error message when trying to log into salesforce.com from the Data Loader. "Failed to send request to Https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0"

What does this mean?

Is is some security setting at my company that is preventing the login request?
  • June 06, 2007
Can you perform an upsert where you find a match on two external ids instead of just one?  For example, update this record where account number = account number and group number = group number?
  • May 29, 2007
As per the title,

I have a picklist (ie. stage) and want users to select a multipicklist item when the stage is set to say LOST.

I get a NOT APPLICABLE on the multipicklist field when i enter the page?

Am i doing something wrong?

Another method i thought was to use field validation so that when the stage is changed to 'LOST'
the length of the multipicklist cannot be 0 or   ISNULL(picklist)

does any body know how to get around this and apply some type of validation on the field?
ie. there could be multiple reasons why the opportunity was lost.

cheers, JT
So I just read that multi-picklists can not be used in formulas.  Would anyone have a solution or work around to determine if no values are selected on a multi-picklist?