• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our client has a need of shared contacts, where a user want to identify some contacts owned by a different user yet need these contacts to be viewed in “My Contacts” kind of list view . Not only that, but the user would also like to synchronize contacts to outlook or mobile as if these contacts are owned by the user. We considered overhauling contact tab, account team etc. Is there any other option or AppExchange app that at the very least supports something like this for outlook or mobile?

Thank you.

We have a Federated SSO implementation requirement where the client IdP was behind the Firewall and the client had to whitelist Salesforce IP addresses-- client does not have the requirement that they have to login within their VPN. Currently a client of ours trying that and Salesforce SSO service cannot seems to reach the IdP through their firewall. Appreciate any suggestions or any insight on this.

We are planning to implement Federated Authentication for our Org. However, we have one sticky point, we do not want Admin users to be authenticated via SSO. In Delegated approach we can easily accomplish that, but not sure how can we enforce non-users to go through the SSO, but not the admin users using Federated authentication. 

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

We have several webservice callouts from few Apex classes. In one particar instance we have this request that could amount to more than 100k.

The question I have : can we use any particular HttpRequest 1.1 header attribute or any other apex attribute (i.e. timeout__x) to compress the content from apex classes?

Is there any other options just the way have it in HttpRquest class or that 100k limit is the absolute final?

Greatly appreciate your response.

Thank you.

--FM

Message Edited by prufrock on 03-19-2009 03:44 PM
Message Edited by prufrock on 03-19-2009 03:51 PM
Hello,
I am having a problem calling an external web service. The call is perfect when the return type is identical to WSDL generated Apex class, the trouble starts if the Web service throws a SoapException for a data or business rule value. The exception is caught however am not sure how to process the exception. It seems the return message is truncated in the transition between Soap message to Apex object.
Here is the response for the for the SoapException that is returned from the Web service:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fault occurred
   at MasterDataWS.GetSertAccountContactMatch(AccountRequest inAccountRequest, ContactRequest inContactRequest)</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <fault>
               <code>10003</code>
               <description>Cannot update an existing records without data passed for Last Name.  This is a required field for modifying an object of type: ContactRequest.</description>
            </fault>
         </detail>
      </soap:Fault>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
When the exception is processed with following codes:
System.debug('====== Exception for GetSertAccountContactMatch '+ex) the response debug statement prints this:
====== Exception for GetSertAccountContactMatch System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fault occurred
   at MasterDataWS.GetSertAccountContactMatch(AccountRequest inAccountRequest, ContactRequest inContactRequest) faultcode=soap:Client faultactor=

As you could see detail code and description is not present in the debug print out.
Any response from you this regard is greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Hello,
I have a question regarding double-byte support in Apex: is it possible to determine whether some field attributes are stored using double-byte characters?

Many thanks.
Hello,
I have a requirement where I need to add/update/delete OpportunityPartners of children opportunities of a parent opportunity. Apex compiler did not let me write a DML statement for that object. After looking at the access level of that particular object I found DMLs are not allowed via API (?). Also, I am adding/modifying/deleting OpportunityTeamMember records of the children, but again compiler did not let me change the OpportunityAccessLevel field.

I was just wondering if I am missing something or is there a workaround?

Best Regards.

Hello,

I was wondering is the known issue as mentioned in this thread (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=757) was solved in Summer '08.

Thanks!

Hello,

Recently I developed an S-control where I had to retrieve Lead records. The search I have done is based on "phone" column. The query is: Select Id, City, FirstName, LastName, MobilePhone, Phone, PostalCode, State, Street from Lead where IsConverted = false and phone='(111) 111-1111'

The problem we have now is that the first time we invoke the S-control, the query is really slow. However the subsequent times with any phone number, including the one from example, the query returns significantly faster.

My question is have anybody in this board experienced this problem, and if you did do you know the remedy?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Hello,
I am working on a requirement where I need to call Lead Assignment Rule from a trigger. I was just wondering if anybody ever tried to invoke Lead Assignment rule from Apex Code.

Regards.
Hello,
I was wondering if I can make explicit call to Lead Assignment Rule from Apex classes. Our client prefers to have it deployed using Apex class not S-control or any other hosted application.

Many thanks.

Message Edited by prufrock on 04-16-2008 01:11 PM

We have a Federated SSO implementation requirement where the client IdP was behind the Firewall and the client had to whitelist Salesforce IP addresses-- client does not have the requirement that they have to login within their VPN. Currently a client of ours trying that and Salesforce SSO service cannot seems to reach the IdP through their firewall. Appreciate any suggestions or any insight on this.

We are planning to implement Federated Authentication for our Org. However, we have one sticky point, we do not want Admin users to be authenticated via SSO. In Delegated approach we can easily accomplish that, but not sure how can we enforce non-users to go through the SSO, but not the admin users using Federated authentication. 

Hello,
I am having a problem calling an external web service. The call is perfect when the return type is identical to WSDL generated Apex class, the trouble starts if the Web service throws a SoapException for a data or business rule value. The exception is caught however am not sure how to process the exception. It seems the return message is truncated in the transition between Soap message to Apex object.
Here is the response for the for the SoapException that is returned from the Web service:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fault occurred
   at MasterDataWS.GetSertAccountContactMatch(AccountRequest inAccountRequest, ContactRequest inContactRequest)</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <fault>
               <code>10003</code>
               <description>Cannot update an existing records without data passed for Last Name.  This is a required field for modifying an object of type: ContactRequest.</description>
            </fault>
         </detail>
      </soap:Fault>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
When the exception is processed with following codes:
System.debug('====== Exception for GetSertAccountContactMatch '+ex) the response debug statement prints this:
====== Exception for GetSertAccountContactMatch System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fault occurred
   at MasterDataWS.GetSertAccountContactMatch(AccountRequest inAccountRequest, ContactRequest inContactRequest) faultcode=soap:Client faultactor=

As you could see detail code and description is not present in the debug print out.
Any response from you this regard is greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Hello,

I am having difficulties attempting to run the Microsoft Excel ContentType example on page 43 of the Visualforce Developers Guide.  Is there anything incorrect in the example as shown in the guide? 

I am able to get satisfactory results using a few other contenttypes, such as (1) text/html, (2) text/plain, and (3) text/richtext, but Internet Explorer 7 cannot open or save the resulting file.

Has anyone any ideas to share about this?  Oh, yeah, I'm a newbie...

Thanks in advance.
  • March 20, 2008