• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to be able to process a specific action on records in a custom object by checking the a checkbox beside the record in a list and clicking a button at the top of the list.  ie. Marking multiple records as processed simply by checking them and clicking "Process".  Like in the Cases app where you can click multiple cases and close them by clicking the close button.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Just wondering if it's possible to have a roll-up summary field filtered on a variable.

For example:

I have a "Service Logs" app that all our technicians enter service calls in, including start and end times and date of service calls.

Some of our accounts are on a a pre-paid service time block.  On the Accounts app, I've added a custom field name "Time Block Effective From" Date field that we fill with the date that the client purchased the time block or when the time block is effective from.

What I'd like to do is have a Roll-Up Summary field that sums up all the billable hours from teh "Service Logs" app, but only for service logs that were created on or after the "Time Block Effective From" value on the Accounts app.

Is this doable? How?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could head me into the right direction, possibly some samples on how to accomplish the following 3 tasks.  I only have a basic knowledge base of Javascript (enough for simple website functions) but have been programming in VB for over 10 years.

1.  I have 2 objects.  Service Timecard and Service

Service Timecard is from the Time Tracking app in AppExchange and I've customized it to have a section where I can specify some invoice-specific info such as the service code to use for billing and billing price.  The service code to use is a Lookup control to the "Service" object that contains the services (Service Code, Service Description, Base Price).

What I'm trying to achieve as when a user selects a service code from the "Lookup" control that the "billing price" field on the Service Timecard object is automatically filled with the "base price" value of the selected service.

That's one of the things I'd like to accomplish.

2.  I have a "Lookup" field on the Service Timecard object that links that timecard to an existing "In Progress" Invoice object.  What I'd like to be able to do is from the Invoice object, under the "Service Timecard" related list, is be able to add multiple existing "Timecards" from a list by checking the ones I want and have the Invoice field on those timecards automatically updated with the current invoice's ID/Number.

And last but not least...

3.  On the Invoice object, I'd like an S-Control as a button that when clicked would update the Invoices "Amount" field with the Sum of the amounts on the related Service Timecards.

So, is all this possible?  And, is it too complicated to even be worth trying?

Thanks everyone,  I thank you all in advance for any help you can throw my way.

I'd like to be able to process a specific action on records in a custom object by checking the a checkbox beside the record in a list and clicking a button at the top of the list.  ie. Marking multiple records as processed simply by checking them and clicking "Process".  Like in the Cases app where you can click multiple cases and close them by clicking the close button.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could head me into the right direction, possibly some samples on how to accomplish the following 3 tasks.  I only have a basic knowledge base of Javascript (enough for simple website functions) but have been programming in VB for over 10 years.

1.  I have 2 objects.  Service Timecard and Service

Service Timecard is from the Time Tracking app in AppExchange and I've customized it to have a section where I can specify some invoice-specific info such as the service code to use for billing and billing price.  The service code to use is a Lookup control to the "Service" object that contains the services (Service Code, Service Description, Base Price).

What I'm trying to achieve as when a user selects a service code from the "Lookup" control that the "billing price" field on the Service Timecard object is automatically filled with the "base price" value of the selected service.

That's one of the things I'd like to accomplish.

2.  I have a "Lookup" field on the Service Timecard object that links that timecard to an existing "In Progress" Invoice object.  What I'd like to be able to do is from the Invoice object, under the "Service Timecard" related list, is be able to add multiple existing "Timecards" from a list by checking the ones I want and have the Invoice field on those timecards automatically updated with the current invoice's ID/Number.

And last but not least...

3.  On the Invoice object, I'd like an S-Control as a button that when clicked would update the Invoices "Amount" field with the Sum of the amounts on the related Service Timecards.

So, is all this possible?  And, is it too complicated to even be worth trying?

Thanks everyone,  I thank you all in advance for any help you can throw my way.

Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006