• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello: I am a newbie in dev forum and would appreciate some guidance in automating something for our organization. We need to store a list of salesforce object ids in our native sql server database. Thinking of this approach below:
- Create a trigger upon record deletions to pass on the deleted record ID to a web service hosted at our production platform
- The web service will take the id and save in our sql db

Question #1: Is there a better approach to automate our needs? If so please advise.

Question #2: If the web service based approach above is a good one too then in that case kindly give me some guidance on how to proceed. I know the basics of the trigger but not sure about the syntax of a web service call, specially does the web service need to be created WSDL etc.?

Thanks very much in advance.
What's the best way to clone Opportunities via API in .NET?

I need something very close to the SF Clone function.

I need to clone somewhere close to 900 opportunities. Only thing that will be different in the newly created opportunity is the pricebookentryId . For this I would hate to read every single opportunity, contact role, opportunitylineitem objects, change only the pricebookentry of opportunitylineitem and push every one of them back.

Isn't there an easy way to do something like this??
Hello: I am a newbie in dev forum and would appreciate some guidance in automating something for our organization. We need to store a list of salesforce object ids in our native sql server database. Thinking of this approach below:
- Create a trigger upon record deletions to pass on the deleted record ID to a web service hosted at our production platform
- The web service will take the id and save in our sql db

Question #1: Is there a better approach to automate our needs? If so please advise.

Question #2: If the web service based approach above is a good one too then in that case kindly give me some guidance on how to proceed. I know the basics of the trigger but not sure about the syntax of a web service call, specially does the web service need to be created WSDL etc.?

Thanks very much in advance.