• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys,

I have a Custom Object called Weekly Plan which has a Date field called "Start of Week", a User Field (lookup) as well as other fields. The Date Field "Start of Week" always starts with Sunday. Example: 5th Feb 2023, 12th Feb 2023, and so on.

On the Contact Page, I have a checkbox called "Transfer Ownership". There is an associated Work Flow Rule that will transfer ownership of the Contact Record to someone else ONLY if there is an entry under Weekly Plan under this user for the previous Sunday. For example. if a user wishes to own a record today (say 07 Feb 2023), then the workflow rule should ONLY transfer ownership if a record under this user exists for a Weekly Planner for 29th Jan 2023 (previous week's Sunday).

Any idea how to accomplish this? Basically, I need to check the existence of a record under a Custom Object for the previous week's Sunday. If it exists, it can go ahead. I am not sure how to get to the "previous week Sunday" automatically or to check the existence of a record under a Custom Object in a Workflow Rule.

Thank you!
Hello all,

I have a custom object called Appllcation__c. It also has a custom button called "send submission email" which opens the email composer with a bunch of parameters from the Application__c record.

What I want to do is to "automatically" click this button when a new record is created on application__c. How do I do that?

Basically, when a new application record is created and saved, it has to click that button automatically, i.e, open the email composer with those parameters that are defined under the button.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Hi, 

I think I have what is an easy situation but can't seem to find the answer. I have a custom field called Function__c (essentially a picklist). 

This field exists on the Contact page and then a custom object called Jobs__c

When someone clicks a button called MATCH on the contact page then through the URL link on the button, they are taken to a Report which will pass on the selected items of Function__c on the Contact page to a report which has this criteria

Function INCLUDES Infrastructure - ITIL; Support - Application; Production Support
(assuming Function__c on the Contact page is Infrastructure - ITIL; Support - Application; Production Support)

The problem is that I want to see Function INCLUDES *any of the 3 choices, i.e. either Infrastructure - ITIL OR Support - Application OR Production Support.

However, I am not sure how to do that. I know that in the report itself I can add a filter criteria and choose 1 OR 2 OR... But, I am not sure how to dynamically pass values from Contact -> Function__c to the Report and have it show a match on one of the values of the Function under Contact.

Would appreciate any advice!

Hello all,

Is it possible to insert several templates into an email?

For example, we need to insert a "job description" to an email which can be saved as a text template. On top of that, we need to enter other kinds of "canned responses" which could be in other templates. But, we need to mix and match depending on the situation. 

When inserting a template into an email now, it replaces the current text. What would be great would be to push some buttons on the Contact record to insert some "canned responses" so we can come up with an email quickly. 

Is it possible to insert many text templates or "canned responses" when "Sending an Email" instead of only being able to choose one template? I am familiar with Perl if one has to use another language for this.

Thanks!
Hi guys
Here's what I want to accomplish.

1) Create a new text field (dropdown list) under Contact
2) Have the items in the dropdown list appear from past data in that field

Assuming a user enters "hello" and saves the contact record then in the future another user will be able to see 'hello' in the drop down list.

Reason is that we want to add a field called "Team" and different users spell the contents differently and is they were to see what another user has typed previously and choose from that then the data will be more conistent. We do not want to predefine values in the picklist because they can't be predetermined that way. Only thing I can think of is to dynamically keep adding to the picklist so it achieves the above but it would look best if it appears like a Google Search textbox with previous values automatically showing like an "autofill".

Hope this makes sense!! I am most familar with Perl so any suggestion in perl would be great!

Thank you very much!!
Hi guys,

I see so much info on this but I am still unable to figure it out!

Our SF set up is Hong Kong. So, all times (LastModifiedDate, etc) are saved and displayed on SF as per the HK timezone..

I am trying to use SOQL to retrieve data.

my $result = $sforce->do_query("Select LastModifiedDate,Id,Name From Job__c where LastModifiedDate>=2018-01-17T00:00:00.000Z and LastModifiedDate<=2018-01-17T23:59:00.000Z" ); 

Does the above mean 17th Jan from 00:00 to 2359 UTC?

HK is in the +8 timezone. So if I want to see the records created during the day of 17th Jan as per the HK timezone how would I modify the DateTime part? Supposed to be easy but I am still struggling with it!

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a bit of an amateur coder so please forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to have the results of a sub query returned in Perl.

my $result = $sforce->do_query("Select FirstName,Account.Name,LastName,Title,Description,(SELECT Note.Body,Note.Title FROM Contact.Notes where Note.title like '%resume%') From Contact where FirstName like '%abcd%'");

foreach my $row (@$result) {
      print $row->{FirstName}.";".$row->{LastName}.";".$row->{Notes}.";\n";
I get this:
abcde;test;QueryResult=HASH(0x...)

How do I get the results of the query, i.e. the Note Body and Note Title now?

Thanks!
Hello all,

This might seem like a pretty elementary question but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to export data from Salesforce. On the help section, it says I'll need the "Apex Data Loader export wizard". Where do I find that and how do I install that?

Thank you.

Vince
Hello

Here's what I want to do:

a) I want to write a custom program that will populate our Salesforce DB with some values. Assuming Salesforce uses MySQL, I wish to:

- Connect to the MySQL server using my Perl program
- Write some values
- Exit

Is that possible with Salesforce? I intend to use DBD:MySQL in Perl.

Thanks,

Vince
Hello all,

I have a custom object called Appllcation__c. It also has a custom button called "send submission email" which opens the email composer with a bunch of parameters from the Application__c record.

What I want to do is to "automatically" click this button when a new record is created on application__c. How do I do that?

Basically, when a new application record is created and saved, it has to click that button automatically, i.e, open the email composer with those parameters that are defined under the button.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Hi guys,

I see so much info on this but I am still unable to figure it out!

Our SF set up is Hong Kong. So, all times (LastModifiedDate, etc) are saved and displayed on SF as per the HK timezone..

I am trying to use SOQL to retrieve data.

my $result = $sforce->do_query("Select LastModifiedDate,Id,Name From Job__c where LastModifiedDate>=2018-01-17T00:00:00.000Z and LastModifiedDate<=2018-01-17T23:59:00.000Z" ); 

Does the above mean 17th Jan from 00:00 to 2359 UTC?

HK is in the +8 timezone. So if I want to see the records created during the day of 17th Jan as per the HK timezone how would I modify the DateTime part? Supposed to be easy but I am still struggling with it!

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a bit of an amateur coder so please forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to have the results of a sub query returned in Perl.

my $result = $sforce->do_query("Select FirstName,Account.Name,LastName,Title,Description,(SELECT Note.Body,Note.Title FROM Contact.Notes where Note.title like '%resume%') From Contact where FirstName like '%abcd%'");

foreach my $row (@$result) {
      print $row->{FirstName}.";".$row->{LastName}.";".$row->{Notes}.";\n";
I get this:
abcde;test;QueryResult=HASH(0x...)

How do I get the results of the query, i.e. the Note Body and Note Title now?

Thanks!
Hello

Here's what I want to do:

a) I want to write a custom program that will populate our Salesforce DB with some values. Assuming Salesforce uses MySQL, I wish to:

- Connect to the MySQL server using my Perl program
- Write some values
- Exit

Is that possible with Salesforce? I intend to use DBD:MySQL in Perl.

Thanks,

Vince