• 318 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a report with a chart on it; I can run the report from the ACcount object by embedding its URL in a custom button and passing the AccountID in the URL.

What I'd really like to do though is to embed the chart within the report inside the Account object itself. The chart is a graph.

I have a feeling VF will let me do this but i don't know where to start! Any pointers to the right documentatioon or a good guide greatly appreciated :-)

This is driving me nuts because I did it before! I have a report and I know I need to use selection criteria "AccountName = <blank>". Then I can call the report from elsewhere and pass in the Account Name.

I want to have a button on my Account record that calls this report, passing the Account Name, and displaying the report ideally in a new Tab, or Window.

Any tips gratefully received. I have searched hi and low in help & solutions. If you know where the help is, please let me know!

Thanks

I added a new field to my Opportunity table and I couldn't see it using the Excel Connector.  I can see it using Apex Explorer and Informatica using the same login. )  However if I bump the version number in my Excel Connector login 'server URL' from 6.0 to 8.0, it works fine and the field shows up in the result spreadsheet.  https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/6.0 changed to https://w ww.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/8.0   What is the current Salesforce API version number?  Is there a place in the Excel Connector or registry where I can make this change permanent?  It keeps resetting back to 6.0.

Message Edited by SFRich on 07-10-2009 01:09 PM

We're implementing some business rules that require a sales rep to convert a lead within a certain number of days. 

Looking for a formula that will show me the number of days it took to convert the lead.

thanks,

p

Hello,

I'm trying to make it so that the Accounts with a type of Customer can only be owned by someone in the Sales profile. I don't see a way to restrict by profile, so the closest I've come is to call out user ids, with the following validation rule:

and(case(OwnerId, "005500000011YxTAAU",false, "005500000011YxbAAE",false, "005500000011YB4AAM",false, "005500000011YxRAAU",false, "005500000011YxhAAE",false, "005500000012etTAAQ",false, "005500000011YAkAAM",false, true) , ispickval(Type,"Customer") )

This fails with "Error: Incorrect argument type for function case()." Help - what am I doing wrong?

I am looking to create the following matrix report but need help creating a summary column totaling activities by month by rep

For example:

Rep                              Month                                Grand Total

January      February     March   April

RepA             5                10           12         13           40

RepB             1                 4             2             5          12

RepC              2                0            5             9           16

Grand total     8                14            19         27          68

Sorry for the hokey mockup

How can i create a summary column totaling completed activities by rep by month?

Basically what i am trying to show is a trend of how reps activites have increased (hopefully) month by month.

Is it possible to build a formula that pulls - like a merge  document -

Firstname Lastname

Company

Address

And then display it as a field in Leads so that my sales reps can do a simple cut a paste to a label program that we use?

Any help is appreciated. 

Phil

• April 10, 2009

I think I'm forgetting something really basic and its driving me nuts. I have a developers copy of SFDC running. New no changes to it yet so I figure I forgot to enable something.

I created a workflow action to send an email, I created the template, and I created the rule that says when a new contact with First Name = "Bob" gets added that it should send an email. This was to be a quick demonstration. But it's not working. Suggestions?

I know we can only add help text to custom fields. But, I would like to add it to Standardfields as well.. Anyone who knows a work around ?

Why ? I would like to include the message to i.e.

Account Name   Help text "Always enter the correct legal name, as Account Name is written on address-labels, and in personal letters".

Annual Revenue Help text "Always enter Accounts revenue from last year, as this affects our pricing. Please refer to n.n. in order to find the figures"

and so on...

Regards from a snowy Stockholm...

• February 16, 2009
Hi there

I recently added some new values to a multi-select picklist.

The values are all showing in the picklist for all record types, however, in the actual page, the values are not showing up in the drop-down box.

Any advice appreciated!

:smileysad:
  • December 17, 2008
Salesforce has introduced this new security token and I can't login any more.  I have downloaded the security token so I can log into the website but I can't use the connector.  Its says I have to add it to the logon, but I don't know how.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
NSM
  • December 07, 2007

Took me awhile to narrow down the culprit.  Occurs whenever I have a date field included in the query.

Here's steps to duplicate it - at least on my computer.

- Describe Sforce object

- Select object

- Include all fields

- Limit query to subject of records

- After results are displayed, select all rows

- Do a Query Selected Rows

If any rows have data in a date field.  The query will bomb at that row, on the first date field with data.

I am using the newest version of Excel connector.  One that has ability to select Production or Test environment from login screen.

Anyone else have this issue?

• March 17, 2011

I'd really like to be able to access Chatter related objects, as well as some others that won't show up when using 16.0.  Hoping that someone will know of a way to achieve this with Excel Connector.  Not looking for alternative tools, but rather hoping that someone knows how to update the Excel Connector and be kind enough to contribute that to the community.

• October 10, 2010

Getting following alert error message on home page that appears to be related to Chatter Combo Pak.  I am using IE8. 

Any ideas ofwhat this means??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5;  Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; SRS_IT_E8790576B476585536AE97)
Timestamp: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:55:59 UTC

Line: 265
Char: 107
Code: 0
URI: https://combopack.na5.visual.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_0.GAorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.PrototypeScript

• September 03, 2010

Multistep Marketing isn't working for me and I'm 100% certain it's because I need to do some customization.  But what I need to do isn't clear without instructions, and I can't download the customization guide,  Can anyone else download it?

I'm using IE7 as my browser.

• August 08, 2010

I have the need to deploy a bunch of customizations from my organization's Sandbox to Production.  I'm trying to decide whether to use Change Sets to do this, or a Private Appexchange package.  I'm an advanced administrator, but not a developer so using something like an Ant script is not an option to me.  Purchasing a tool such as Snapshot also isn't an option either.  All of the items that I need to migrate are point-and click type of customizations.  Closest thing to "code" is some custom links and buttons that I created.

For my scenario (all within the same org), both will work but I think each one is going to have it's own set of advantages/disadvantages.  I'd love to hear what others have been using and why.

• May 11, 2010
I just discovered something with the Excel connector that I never noticed before …. I did a query and found a contact where the account name needed corrected. I updated the account name. A little later I did another query that pulled the same contact record. The account name was still the OLD account name. To "correct" this, I needed to log out of the connector and back in. Then the account name was the NEW one. Something to be aware of ...
  • January 08, 2010

There's a package on appexchange called LinkedIn that allows you to go to a lead or contact detail record in Salesforce and search for that person on LinkedIn.  I think that is pretty cool!

One reviewer commented that a limitation was that "it doesn't include the company name or any geographic filters. The searches often turn up hundreds of people by the same name."  I was able to figure out how to modify the s-control to include a geographic filter! 

I'm sharing what I came up with here because I was unable to successfully submit comments on the Appexchange page.  I press Submit, but my comment isn't saved.  Anyway ...

The link below limits the search to 50 miles of the contact's zip/postal code. I also discovered that 5+4 US postal codes weren't being recognized, but I was able to figure out how to work around that as well. For my purposes I was interested in just US and Canada so those are the only use cases included in my customization.

<a target="_blank" style="color: #000000; text-decoration: underline; font-family:'Arial','Helvetica',sans-serif; font-size:75%;" href="http://www.linkedin.com/search?countryCode={!lower(Contact.MailingCountry)}&distance=50&proposalType=Y&pplSearchOrigin=MDYS&postalCode={!if(Contact.MailingCountry="US",left(Contact.MailingPostalCode,5),Contact.MailingPostalCode)}&newnessType=Y&fname={!Contact.FirstName}&searchLocationType=I&search=&lname={!Contact.LastName}" >LinkedIn</a>

I do have a question that perhaps someone on this board can help me with.  Is there a way that this type of s-control could be written using Visualforce since s-controls will be going away?  I know that existing ones will continue to function but all I can do with s-controls is hack ones that someone else already created (like in this instance).  If I can get an example of how to translate this to VF I will probably be good-to-go come next year.

Message Edited by rpr2 on 06-13-2009 05:47 PM
  • June 14, 2009
Is there a way to save and CLONE (instead of save and new) a dashboard component?  Usually when I am creating a new dashboard a majority of the components need most of the same settings.  If I could change them in the first component and clone them for the other components, it would be a real time saver.

Wondering if there is a way to do this by creating a custom button that pre-populates the values from the current dashboard component.  Or alternatively, a button that just pre-populates hard-coded values that I want whenever creating a new component.  For example "Display Units" defaults to "auto" and we never use that but instead virtually always use "whole units" so I would much prefer that to be our default.  Anyone already doing this or anyone wanting to spend some time to see if they can figure out a way and share their solution?
  • December 25, 2008
I'm looking for guidance on the best way to move a subset of data from my Production org to my Development Sandbox.  I already have the meta-data in place.  If I export the data using data loader or excel connector, all of the IDs will change as I import it to the Sandbox.  Will I need to recreate all of the child and lookup relationships manually, or is there a trick that can be used to avoid that?
  • October 11, 2008

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

• February 24, 2011

I am using an OR clause to filter my data.  I need to put in two values along with a way to exclude blank values.  My query says SFDC field <> to Value1,  Value2. How do I add a third value to that statement and have the query filter out blanks also?  I have tried using, " ", Null and just a space.  So far no luck.

• February 07, 2011

I am getting the following error when I try to log in through the excel connector:

Error Generated by Request: Invalid username, password, security token or user locked out.  Exception code: 5078. 

I used excel connector for the first time a couple months ago.  It worked fine the first time.

Thank you!

Diane

• October 13, 2010

I'd really like to be able to access Chatter related objects, as well as some others that won't show up when using 16.0.  Hoping that someone will know of a way to achieve this with Excel Connector.  Not looking for alternative tools, but rather hoping that someone knows how to update the Excel Connector and be kind enough to contribute that to the community.

• October 10, 2010

So I have an Excel Connector query of the PricebookEntry table, and I need to update some prices.  The problem is that when I run the update call, it looks like it is successful from the Excel Connector side, but the record does not actually get updated in Salesforce.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?  This should not be affected by 18 character Precebook Entry Id's, right?  

I am stumped.

Hi friends,

It's been a long time coming but on Monday next week, 10/4, we'll be updating the login we use for these discussion boards. The new login will use the standard salesforce UI, offering better security and experience, as well as correcting some issues with the previous login that some of you have experienced.

In our testing, it looks like in some cases the link to the old login may stay cached in your system for a while. If you close your browser and restart it, that may clear the cache to the old link, in some cases you may have to go into your browser's preferences to clear the cache manually.

The login page has changed considerably, so you should know the difference. It should look like this page:

https://login.salesforce.com/?lt=devforce&qs=p=boards&startURL=http%3A%2F%2Fboards.developerforce.com%2F%3Fcategory.id%3Ddevelopers

You can use this link above to log in to the discussion boards.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you experience any problems or have feedback for me. Thanks!

• October 02, 2010

I've been trying to import from excel a few hundred meetings into salesforce.  I've tried various uploads and have not found a way for the meetings to populate under the "activity history" header.

Should I be using Import Wizard, Excel Connector, or Data Loader?

I've seen Simon's posts on this matter but none have helped with my specific problem.

I've tried this on my MacBook Pro as well as on my co-worker's thinkpad but to no avail.

Please help!

Thanks,

Gabe

Getting following alert error message on home page that appears to be related to Chatter Combo Pak.  I am using IE8. 

Any ideas ofwhat this means??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5;  Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; SRS_IT_E8790576B476585536AE97)
Timestamp: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:55:59 UTC

Line: 265
Char: 107
Code: 0
URI: https://combopack.na5.visual.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_0.GAorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.PrototypeScript

• September 03, 2010

Hello!

We are in the professional services business, and we often work with organizations with multi-level hierarchies (3 to 4 levels is very average). I was wondering if anyone knows how one can create a script to automatically find out the ultimate parent of any account / contact / project, and store the result in a field on every entity.

this would allow us to create savvy rollups in our reporting and dashboarding. any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

Pranav

For who's interested: we (not Salesforce.com!) created an improved version of the Excel Addin with the following improvements:

1. Enhanced login-screen: easier switching between environments (less typing)
2. Validation rules are applied by default (by using newer api version)
3. Fixed error on duplicate columns (required custom fields were downloaded twice)
4. Removed default query on 'systemModeDate > [last 7 days]' if no filter criteria were filled in
5. Increased standard batch size from 50 to 200, improving upload performance
6. Removed checks on maximum amount of lines
7. Improved dates handling (sometimes downloaded dates would not upload back into salesforce again)

(update 2012-12-04, 2 more fixes)

8. ability to upload numberic fields as null instead of always 0

9. corrected the bug to cope with error when uploading numbers with many decimals. These were put into scientific notation in Excel but not loaded properly to SF

(update 2013-05-03, 1 fix)

10. ability to query more than 32766 rows (was hitting the VBA limit on Integer size)

Our users are very happy with it. Feel free to try it out or further build on it and let me know what you think:

http://code.google.com/p/improved-excel-addin/

Disclaimer: Though we made and tested all enhancements with great care, we take no responsibility for the consequences of the use of this tool. Also note that this is an open source tool and not maintained nor supported by Salesforce.com.

Regards,

Guy

Hello,

I just started testing this plug-in last week and loved the flexibility. I just created 2 custom fields in the Account Object, but was unable to pull the 2 fields with a query. Any idea why custom fields are not brought into the query? I am using Office 2007 and everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know why an email alert triggered from a workflow would not be creating the associated activity history? Emails sent through the interface, through Apex, and through the API are all logged in activity history (when the appropriate information is set). The email alert is set to be sent to the Contact Email (standard) field.

Thanks!

We want to require an entry in the Contact Roles related list on Opportunities.  I tried using an add-on from the AppExchange, Opportunity Primary Contact Required, but it's not supported and no longer works with the new Opportunity save behaviour.  Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Jodi

I had some success today refreshing dashboard and thought I'd share. I found some code from SF Heretic on refreshing homepages and dashboards, but it didn't quite work for me, though it got me pointed in the right direction which I greatly appreciate! Their code for refreshing the homepage didn't work for me the way it was setup. What did work was going to Homepage components and adding to the Messages & Alerts:

<meta http-equiv=refresh content=600>

And if you stay on the home page it does refresh after 10 minutes.

What I wanted to do was refresh a dashboard we have for mgmt users whenever they hit that page so they see the current numbers without having to click refresh. What I ended up doing was adding a component to the dashboard that was an S Control and all it contained was the following code where the ID listed is the ID of the dashboard. You can see the exact window open code I lifted below by going to the dashboard and with FIREBUG installed click INSPECT and select the REFRESH button on the page and it will show you something like the below....

Code:
<BODY onLoad="refreshDashboardTimeout();" >
<script>
function refreshDashboardTimeout() {
window.open('/01Z6000000073av—m=poll&refresh=1', 'db_refresh_frame');
}
</script>

Hope that helps some of you out there..........

E

• May 17, 2007