• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Looking for an independent Salesforce consultant to help us design, code, test and implement an employee time tracking application with tight Salesforce integration. 

I'm using "Apex Data Loader 14" in batch process mode to export data.  I found that IDs are 18 characters long in Data Loader exports and 15 characters long in Salesforce.com report exports.  Apparently, the Data Loader adds on a 3-digit "External ID".

I'm trying to strip off these extra 3 characters using the SOQL Left function.  But I get this error message:

6500 [csvContactExtract] ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.progress.NihilistProgressAdapter  -
Select Left(Id,15),FirstName,LastName,Title
           ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:12
expecting "from", found ''

I am attaching the code for the bean from the process-conf.xml.

It worked fine until I added the Left function. 

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Left function to work?

Thanks!

<bean id="csvAccountExtractProcess"
class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
singleton="false">
<description>csvAccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
<property name="name" value="csvAccountExtract"/>
<property name="configOverrideMap">
<map>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\samples\status\sfdcSoapTrace.log"/>
<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
<entry key="sfdc.username" value="me@you.com"/>
<!-- password specified below is invalid, please generate one using the encrypt.bat utility -->
<entry key="sfdc.password" value="9999999999999"/>
<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Left(Id,15),Account__c,Type,Name,Acc__c,Acc_On_Hold__c,Status_Date_Change__c FROM Account"/>
<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
<entry key="process.mappingFile" value="R:\SF_data_exchange\conf\accountExtractMap.sdl"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="R:\SF_data_exchange\accounts.csv"/>
</map>
</property>
</bean>

Hi,

I'm working on integrating Adobe Live Cycle Designer with the Salesforce WSDL to create interactive pdf forms that work with Salesforce data.  So far, I have succeeded with the login operation -- the form receives a Salesforce session ID.

I want to work with more useful operations such as query, update, upsert, etc.  However, I cannot get any of these operations to work -- I get no error message and no results from them.  I suspect I need to somehow send the session ID received from the login command back with the other commands, but these operations do not include any elements for sending the session ID.  Any ideas on how I might be able to get this to work?

Thank you.

We're looking for a developer to help us create a live link between Filemaker Pro and Salesforce.com for Accounts and Contacts.  Central Florida preferred, but will consider remote.

I'm using "Apex Data Loader 14" in batch process mode to export data.  I found that IDs are 18 characters long in Data Loader exports and 15 characters long in Salesforce.com report exports.  Apparently, the Data Loader adds on a 3-digit "External ID".

I'm trying to strip off these extra 3 characters using the SOQL Left function.  But I get this error message:

6500 [csvContactExtract] ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.progress.NihilistProgressAdapter  -
Select Left(Id,15),FirstName,LastName,Title
           ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:12
expecting "from", found ''

I am attaching the code for the bean from the process-conf.xml.

It worked fine until I added the Left function. 

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Left function to work?

Thanks!

<bean id="csvAccountExtractProcess"
class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
singleton="false">
<description>csvAccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
<property name="name" value="csvAccountExtract"/>
<property name="configOverrideMap">
<map>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\samples\status\sfdcSoapTrace.log"/>
<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
<entry key="sfdc.username" value="me@you.com"/>
<!-- password specified below is invalid, please generate one using the encrypt.bat utility -->
<entry key="sfdc.password" value="9999999999999"/>
<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Left(Id,15),Account__c,Type,Name,Acc__c,Acc_On_Hold__c,Status_Date_Change__c FROM Account"/>
<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
<entry key="process.mappingFile" value="R:\SF_data_exchange\conf\accountExtractMap.sdl"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="R:\SF_data_exchange\accounts.csv"/>
</map>
</property>
</bean>

Hi,

I'm working on integrating Adobe Live Cycle Designer with the Salesforce WSDL to create interactive pdf forms that work with Salesforce data.  So far, I have succeeded with the login operation -- the form receives a Salesforce session ID.

I want to work with more useful operations such as query, update, upsert, etc.  However, I cannot get any of these operations to work -- I get no error message and no results from them.  I suspect I need to somehow send the session ID received from the login command back with the other commands, but these operations do not include any elements for sending the session ID.  Any ideas on how I might be able to get this to work?

Thank you.