• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI All,

Just wanted to suggest an alternative to the other development options out there. There's a new company called BungeeLabs that's doing some really interesting stuff.

Back when we used SalesLogix, I had developed an Access database that managed our inventory. It interacted with SalesLogix quite nicely.

When we switched to Salesforce, I still needed to manage inventory, and obviously the Access database was no longer an option (it was pretty clunky anyway!). I looked all over for options, and when I came across BungeeLabs at the developer conference in May I was really excited by the possibilities their platform demonstrated.

Basically, they have a programming language that makes all the SOAP, REST, yadda-yadda really easy to work with. Their IDE is free and on-demand, and pretty impressive.

The end results are fantastic. We have a full-blown inventory management app that's totally integrated with Salesforce. The end-user doesn't even know they're using something other than Salesforce, but the power and richness of the UI is head-and-shoulders above what's possible inside Salesforce.

It went so well that they are blogging about it here: http://bungeelabs.wordpress.com/ and have a video to watch there, too.

• September 14, 2007

Good morning all,

I’m working on customizing an S-Control that I grabbed from Salesforce called LineItems2Assets. This is a great s-control which allows items on an opportunity to automatically be converted into assets. Here’s the blog entry about it. It worked fine when I first got it and I’ve managed to customize it a little, but now I'm stumped.

I would like to store the opportunity that the asset came from. I made a custom field in the asset object called Opportunity_Source__c which is a lookup Id that should work just like the AccountId field in the asset object (which obviously stores the Account that the asset is tied to). I tried:

asset.set("Opportunity_Source__c","{!Opportunity.Id}");

It fails with The property Opportunity_Source__c is not a valid field.

In troubleshooting it, I changed it to

asset.set("Description","{!Opportunity.Id}");
It writes the id to the description field just fine.

Any idea where to turn? I’ve looked for an SDK that would include syntax for commands like asset.set, but haven’t found anything yet. Thanks in advance for any help! -Jake

• August 21, 2007
Newbie to this but I am trying to create a custom formula for a user defined field that will auto-populate with a text value based on a user defined pick-list selection.
Can anyone help...I have not been able to find anything in the help or internet for this.

ex....Region 17 is selected from the Region field; NAME is populated in the Region Manager Field.

Thanks!
  • December 17, 2007
Has anyone been successful in having their own independent app running next to -- and interacting with -- SalesForce.com?  It would be great to respond to events in SalesForce.com, and perhaps pipe back instructions to SalesForce.com from my app. 

This is quite different than just using an API or Web Service to get or put data to SalesForce.com.  I want to link the two programs and treat them as one cooperative unit.

Good morning all,

I’m working on customizing an S-Control that I grabbed from Salesforce called LineItems2Assets. This is a great s-control which allows items on an opportunity to automatically be converted into assets. Here’s the blog entry about it. It worked fine when I first got it and I’ve managed to customize it a little, but now I'm stumped.

I would like to store the opportunity that the asset came from. I made a custom field in the asset object called Opportunity_Source__c which is a lookup Id that should work just like the AccountId field in the asset object (which obviously stores the Account that the asset is tied to). I tried:

asset.set("Opportunity_Source__c","{!Opportunity.Id}");

It fails with The property Opportunity_Source__c is not a valid field.

In troubleshooting it, I changed it to

asset.set("Description","{!Opportunity.Id}");
It writes the id to the description field just fine.

Any idea where to turn? I’ve looked for an SDK that would include syntax for commands like asset.set, but haven’t found anything yet. Thanks in advance for any help! -Jake

• August 21, 2007
Hi,

I have written an s-control for some standard and custom objects to override the "Add" buttons.  The "Add" buttons on the standard object Opportunity Product works fine with the code below (The object name in red is replaced with the Opportunity Product of course).  The problem happens when I try to use a custom object called "Sales_Credit__c".  When the function below runs, it seems to call the s-control twice because I get the alert message (highlighted in blue) twice, where the 2nd time around Opportunity.Id, and Opportunity.Name are blank.  Then I get a blank page in the web browser with a URL stating: https://na3.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=*deleted for post*&ic=1#Error!

function successInit(queryResult)
 {
    var records = queryResult.getArray('records');
    qrysize= queryResult.size;
    var it = new sforce.QueryResultIterator(queryResult);

while(it.hasNext() )
    {
        var record = it.next();
        gProfileId=record.Profile_Identifier__c;
        if (gProfileId == 'Admin' )
        {
            alert("ProfileId=" + gProfileId + ", Opp.: " + '{!Opportunity.Id}' + ", " + '{!Opportunity.Name}');
            window.parent.location.href="{!URLFOR($Action.Sales_Credit__c.New,  Opportunity.Id,  [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, Opportunity.Id)], true)}";

}
        else
        {
                searchstring0="select Id, Opportunity_Number__c, Submit_to_ERP__c from Opportunity WHERE Id = '{!Opportunity.Id}' LIMIT 1 ";
                 queryResult= sforce.connection.query(searchstring0, ERPcallback);
        }
    }
}

Then I have also done it with the href set with variables, and then I get the New sales credit screen, but don't have the variables assigned.

window.parent.location.href="{!URLFOR($Action.Sales_Credit__c.New,  null,  [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, Opportunity.Id),Opportunity=Opportunity.Name], true)}";

Also, the "Sales_Credit__c" object has a master-detail realtionship to Opportunity!

Any information to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance