• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Followed instructions, put up page, all it does is display sample data, checked and re-checked settings. Never pulls data from live public KB.

Thanks

Followed instructions, put up page, all it does is display sample data, checked and re-checked settings. Never pulls data from live public KB.

Thanks

I am trying to setup Chatter News Alerts and coming at a stop very early in the process

Copy the generated email address (it will end in a long string of letters.and.numbers.in.salesforce.com);

googlealerttochatter@p-1sxmfayyumw7wktnoaywh9ry.p4ypjmaa.p.apex.sandbox.salesforce.com  

• Email address must be a valid Email Services address

As you can see, it isn't accepting the email address generated from the Email Service. I have tried this with other Servces, Email Addresses and Users.

I am testing this in Sandbox, could this be a problem?

As stated on other messages, I realize that this is not a supported App.  However, we are using Beta Chatter and I have followed the steps to install this app - GoogleAlertstoChatter.  It was easy to configure and in theory is very well received by our Sales and Management.  Not sure yet if it is working, since it is not clear where the notifications will be listed - I assume in the Chatter Notifications.   One problem issue is that whenever I do a merge of Accounts or Contacts, whether using Salesforce directly or Demand Tools, I am getting the following error email.  I need to know if this has to do with our Email Server, GoogleAlertstoChatter email, or something else with the APEX class. 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00500000006uBVl/00D00000000heIs

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void executeGoogleAlertsCallouts(LIST:String, LIST:String, LIST:String)'

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.GoogleAlertToChatter.executeGoogleAlertsCallouts: line 239, column 63 External entry point

Debug Log:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting the following error when trying to install the Apex Toolkit for Eclipse.

Code:
Network connection problems encountered during search.
  Unable to access "http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/e3.2s".
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file.
    Premature end of file.
  Unable to access "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/europa".
    Premature end of file.
    Premature end of file.

I have a fresh install of Eclipse 3.3.0
Windows XP Professional SP2
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_03-b07)