• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to deploy new/custom profiles as part of a package?

I was able to add my 2 custom profiles to my package, but they are only useful when the Administrator installs the package and grants security for the new installation.

I was hoping that my package could create 2 new custom profiles in the installed org.

Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi,
   My external application supports both the .NET Framework & Mono platforms.
   My Apex API integration code works perfectly on the .NET Framework, and my QA team has begun testing on the Mono platform on Linux.
   Immediately I'm finding that all of my Apex API calls are erroring out with "Error writing request" at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.WriteRequest().

I've googled this and it appeared to have been an issue with HTTPS WS requests, but this was for Mono 1.1.11.  I'm running Mono 1.2.2.1.

Is anyone else making Apex API calls from Mono, and if so, have you had a similar experience?

Thanks,
-Brian
Hi,
   I've seen this a few times now, and I'm a bit cofused.

I have an S-Control that passes the {!Opportunity.Id} merge field from SFDC to my external application, and my external application maps that Id to some data in my application.
   I then have a data replication job run in my external application, and the first thing it does is it makes a webservice call to SFDC to validate that the Opportunity in its mapping table still exists.  What I'm seeing is that the Ids returned to me from the webservice call are DIFFERENT from the {!Opportunity.Id} merge field that my external app originally received.
   I'm seeing Ids like:
      b125000001111cX and b125000001111cXAAG

When I put both Ids into SFDC's interface  (...//na3.salesforce.com/either_id_goes_hereBOTH return the same record.  So it looks like my Opportunity has 2 Ids.

Has anyone else seen anything like this before?
   I'm not creating these Opportunities from my external app, so all of this data is coming from SFDC.  My external app only replicates supporting data to/from SFDC based on the Opportunity's Id.

Thanks,
-Brian
Hi,
  I am building integration with SFDC using their APEX API in .NET.
  I am using the enterprise.wsdl, and I have generated my proxy classes w/o any issues and everything has been working great with one exception.

One of the objects that I am sending data to has a custom date field.  If that date field has a value, and then that value is nulled out, I can't seem to figure out how to send "null" back to SFDC so that it nulls out the date field.

I've tried:   
         object.DateField__c = Nothing;
Hi,
  I am using the enterprise.wsdl, and I have generated my proxy classes w/o any issues and everything has been working great with one exception.

One of the objects that I am sending data to has a custom date field.  If that date field has a value, and then that value is nulled out, I can't seem to figure out how to send "null" back to SFDC so that it nulls out the date field.

I've tried:   
Hi,
  I am working on an app for the AppExchange, and my UI/design team really likes one of the icons available in SFDC for a custom tab.  However, they don't like the background color.

I would like to create a completely custom tab, but I want to re-use an existing icon in SFDC. 

From what I've seen so far, if I choose to create a completely custom tab, I have to upload my own icon file.
  Is it possible to change the background color of an existing tab/icon design?

Thanks,
-Brian
Hi,
   I have an application that replicates data over to Salesforce periodically.
   I've currently implemented this as a background process in my application, and what I don't like is that it requires storing salesforce credentials inside of my application.

What I'd like to do is to implement a background process in Salesforce, if possible, and let that background process initiate the replication.

Is it possible to implement a background process in Salesforce? 

Thanks,
Brian
Is there a way to create a custom field that is an image?

I am building a health indicator for opportunities that will be a Red, Yellow, or Green bubble image based on an algorithmn from an external system.

Thanks,
-Brian
I have a product that will be delivered to my customers either hosted or at a client-site.

I am building an S-Control that will pull data from my product via a webservice & Salesforce's SSO.

Is there a way in the S-Control's native code that I can reference a "Remote Site"?
I can't hard-code the URL to my product, since it may be hosted in different locations for different clients.

Looking at the Google Calendar Mashup example, I see that the remote site is created, but then in the javascript example code, I also see hard-coded references to http://www.google.com

Hopefully there's a way to do what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
-Brian
I'm have an external client application and I'm using a vb.net proxy generated from my Enterprise WSDL.

I'm trying to do some data synchronization with Opportunities, and I'm not seeing an OpportunityId field.
I see other Id fields, such as "Pricebook2Id" and "OwnerId"

Is there a standard OpportunityId field? 
  or
Is there a standard/recommended method of identifying an Opportunity as unique?
  or
Is the answer, "it depends" for each Enterprise?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi,
   I've seen this a few times now, and I'm a bit cofused.

I have an S-Control that passes the {!Opportunity.Id} merge field from SFDC to my external application, and my external application maps that Id to some data in my application.
   I then have a data replication job run in my external application, and the first thing it does is it makes a webservice call to SFDC to validate that the Opportunity in its mapping table still exists.  What I'm seeing is that the Ids returned to me from the webservice call are DIFFERENT from the {!Opportunity.Id} merge field that my external app originally received.
   I'm seeing Ids like:
      b125000001111cX and b125000001111cXAAG

When I put both Ids into SFDC's interface  (...//na3.salesforce.com/either_id_goes_hereBOTH return the same record.  So it looks like my Opportunity has 2 Ids.

Has anyone else seen anything like this before?
   I'm not creating these Opportunities from my external app, so all of this data is coming from SFDC.  My external app only replicates supporting data to/from SFDC based on the Opportunity's Id.

Thanks,
-Brian
Hi,

I've tried:   
Hi,

I've tried:   
Hi,
   I have an application that replicates data over to Salesforce periodically.
   I've currently implemented this as a background process in my application, and what I don't like is that it requires storing salesforce credentials inside of my application.

What I'd like to do is to implement a background process in Salesforce, if possible, and let that background process initiate the replication.

Is it possible to implement a background process in Salesforce? 

Thanks,
Brian
Is there a way to create a custom field that is an image?

I am building a health indicator for opportunities that will be a Red, Yellow, or Green bubble image based on an algorithmn from an external system.

Thanks,
-Brian
I have a product that will be delivered to my customers either hosted or at a client-site.

I am building an S-Control that will pull data from my product via a webservice & Salesforce's SSO.

Is there a way in the S-Control's native code that I can reference a "Remote Site"?
I can't hard-code the URL to my product, since it may be hosted in different locations for different clients.

Looking at the Google Calendar Mashup example, I see that the remote site is created, but then in the javascript example code, I also see hard-coded references to http://www.google.com

Hopefully there's a way to do what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
-Brian
I'm have an external client application and I'm using a vb.net proxy generated from my Enterprise WSDL.

I'm trying to do some data synchronization with Opportunities, and I'm not seeing an OpportunityId field.
I see other Id fields, such as "Pricebook2Id" and "OwnerId"

Is there a standard OpportunityId field? 
  or
Is there a standard/recommended method of identifying an Opportunity as unique?
  or
Is the answer, "it depends" for each Enterprise?

Thanks,
Brian
I wanted to know if there is a possible way to have custom links and buttons appear automatically on the page layout when the application package is installed.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

Message Edited by NickCooper on 07-30-2007 11:24 AM