• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to auto-create a new Case for Opportunities when they meet certain criteria.

The new case would have set information (Like Case Name and Subject), but some fields need to vary based off the Opportunity:

Related Opportunity
Case Owner

Is something like this possible?

Thanks!
    Is it possible to use else logic in a formula field? I don't see it as an operator.

For example

IF (ISPICKVAL(Quantity, "500")) {69.90
} ELSE IF(....

Thanks.
    Hi all, It would probably drive you nuts that a Product guy who doesn't know how to code is snooping around the dev network, but i have a question about an s-control.

I have created some custom objects and need to map the field on one object to a field on another.

One custom object is named "Item"  It has a field called "Item Number".  I would like to get that Item Number to map to another custom object named "Line Item."

I do not know how to write code, but i can pick out the pieces.  This code would be very helpful as there are other places I need the same functionality. 

Can someone help me out? I would be much obliged.
   Has anyone created an s-control that allows agents to add a picklist value without having access to edit the field in the setup area?
I have a use case where when an opportunity hits a certain stage, say Pending, then tasks are created via workflow.  This works great.  But I also have a use case where if the opportunity moves to a further stage, say Closed Won, then the previous tasks are no longer necessary and I want them deleted without further action by the assignee.

Is there a way to do this out-of-the-box?  I am sure I can write an Apex trigger to do this, but it would require carnal knowledge of any workflows and I want this to be very configurable for my team in the future.  So, how can I clean up obsolete tasks?

Thanks in advance.
    Is it possible to use else logic in a formula field? I don't see it as an operator.

For example

IF (ISPICKVAL(Quantity, "500")) {69.90
} ELSE IF(....

Thanks.
I am trying to get the following to work but I just keep getting Syntax errors

IF(AND(  Zone__c =1, Type="Nextday",​ (KTC__c  * 0.42 + 10.98)  , 0))

any ideas ?

Kind Regards Clive
    Hi all, It would probably drive you nuts that a Product guy who doesn't know how to code is snooping around the dev network, but i have a question about an s-control.

I have created some custom objects and need to map the field on one object to a field on another.

One custom object is named "Item"  It has a field called "Item Number".  I would like to get that Item Number to map to another custom object named "Line Item."

I do not know how to write code, but i can pick out the pieces.  This code would be very helpful as there are other places I need the same functionality. 

Can someone help me out? I would be much obliged.
   Has anyone created an s-control that allows agents to add a picklist value without having access to edit the field in the setup area?