• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I guess my problem is a lack of knowledge on the API subject. My org rolled out SF to our employees about 4-5 months ago. We keep up tons of information for our members (500 companies give or take) We are looking for a way to get information about our members status to our members. Meaning our member could log in and potentially see where they are at in the process that we take care of for them. 

Think of it as a Mechanic having a log in for your car that you put in the shop. You could log in and check the status of your car and you could then tell that he is waiting on parts. Is this possible through API? or am i talking crazy? We have everystep of the process already in Salesforce, but a way to boost customer satisfaction would be for summary of the information to be availbe to our members.

Could this summary just be exported to our website and then we develop a member log in on our own website?

Is this possible? I apologize for not being very knowledgeable on the subject. Any way i could get this to work would be golden.

Message Edited by JMcLeodFEWA on 10-01-2007 10:24 AM

Message Edited by JMcLeodFEWA on 10-01-2007 10:26 AM

Has anyone successfully figured out how to require and notify the user completing the web 2 lead form that they haven't field out required fields? Or has anyone written a code that will first check to see if the fields are filled out and then once the data is validated then send (post) the data to the salesforce servlet?
I found a sample form i can use to make my web 2 lead forms required and have the message post back to form saying the required info hasn't been submitted, but does anyone know how to then make it post to SF?

I guess what im looking for is someone that has done this, and then wouldn't mind sharing the code with me so i can get it up and running for my org(a template of code i could modify for my org) . Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JMcLeod @ FEWA
Has anyone successfully figured out how to require and notify the user completing the web 2 lead form that they haven't field out required fields? Or has anyone written a code that will first check to see if the fields are filled out and then once the data is validated then send (post) the data to the salesforce servlet?
I found a sample form i can use to make my web 2 lead forms required and have the message post back to form saying the required info hasn't been submitted, but does anyone know how to then make it post to SF?

I guess what im looking for is someone that has done this, and then wouldn't mind sharing the code with me so i can get it up and running for my org(a template of code i could modify for my org) . Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JMcLeod @ FEWA
I guess my problem is a lack of knowledge on the API subject. My org rolled out SF to our employees about 4-5 months ago. We keep up tons of information for our members (500 companies give or take) We are looking for a way to get information about our members status to our members. Meaning our member could log in and potentially see where they are at in the process that we take care of for them. 

Think of it as a Mechanic having a log in for your car that you put in the shop. You could log in and check the status of your car and you could then tell that he is waiting on parts. Is this possible through API? or am i talking crazy? We have everystep of the process already in Salesforce, but a way to boost customer satisfaction would be for summary of the information to be availbe to our members.

Could this summary just be exported to our website and then we develop a member log in on our own website?

Is this possible? I apologize for not being very knowledgeable on the subject. Any way i could get this to work would be golden.

Message Edited by JMcLeodFEWA on 10-01-2007 10:26 AM

Thanks,
JMcLeod @ FEWA