• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How can I check whether the logged in Salesforce user has specific access rights like Create, Update, Delete on a particular business object?

Hi,

I am trying to update a custom object using "update" method. Though I am able to create new records in this object. Here is the piece of code I am using:

var acc1:SObject = new SObject('RMA_Shipment_Line__c');
 acc1.Id = "a0e500000004dLlAAI";
 apex.update([acc1], new AsyncResponder(
     function (result:Object):void {
//      var strId:String = (result[0] as SaveResult).success;

Alert.show((result[0] as SaveResult).errors[0].message);
      //Alert.show(strId);
    }, genericFault
   ) );

}
Anyone knows how to allow the user to manually type the date in DateField control in Flex?
The moment we click on the DateField control, it popups the date chooser control. But we want to provide the user the ability to type in the date manually instead of choosing it.

Or is there any other control for this?
I am trying to create a record in Custom object "RMA_Shipment_Order" and trying to set a custom field "Case" which is a lookup field pointing to Case object.

If I dont set the custom field while calling the "create" method, then the record gets created in the custom object. But if I set the custom field, then I dont get any error but at the same time record also doesnt get created. Here is the code cnippet of what I am doiing.

// Appending "__c" since its a custom object
 var acc:SObject = new SObject('RMA_Shipment_Order__c');

// Appending "__c" since its a custom field. Please note that I am setting a valid Case number which exists
    acc.Case__c = "0010023";
    apex.create([acc], new AsyncResponder(
      ta.text   += 'createResult\n' + ObjectUtil.toString(result);
    }, genericFault
   ) );
Can anyone please respond to this?  

Anyone has idea about how to send data from Salesforce application to Flex.

Use case is that I need to display the details of selected Account record in my Flex application that is loaded as an SWF file linked to a S-Control.  For that I need to send the Account # to flex application. After getting the Account # in Flex, I can use Salesforce API to get the data for passed Account #.  But I am unable to find as to how to send data from Salesforce to Flex.

If thats not possible, is there any API call using which I can find out the details of the current record?

How can I check whether the logged in Salesforce user has specific access rights like Create, Update, Delete on a particular business object?

Hi,

I am trying to update a custom object using "update" method. Though I am able to create new records in this object. Here is the piece of code I am using:

var acc1:SObject = new SObject('RMA_Shipment_Line__c');
 acc1.Id = "a0e500000004dLlAAI";
 apex.update([acc1], new AsyncResponder(
//      var strId:String = (result[0] as SaveResult).success;

Alert.show((result[0] as SaveResult).errors[0].message);
      //Alert.show(strId);
    }, genericFault
   ) );

}
Anyone knows how to allow the user to manually type the date in DateField control in Flex?
The moment we click on the DateField control, it popups the date chooser control. But we want to provide the user the ability to type in the date manually instead of choosing it.

Or is there any other control for this?
I am trying to create a record in Custom object "RMA_Shipment_Order" and trying to set a custom field "Case" which is a lookup field pointing to Case object.

If I dont set the custom field while calling the "create" method, then the record gets created in the custom object. But if I set the custom field, then I dont get any error but at the same time record also doesnt get created. Here is the code cnippet of what I am doiing.

// Appending "__c" since its a custom object
 var acc:SObject = new SObject('RMA_Shipment_Order__c');

// Appending "__c" since its a custom field. Please note that I am setting a valid Case number which exists
    acc.Case__c = "0010023";
    apex.create([acc], new AsyncResponder(
      ta.text   += 'createResult\n' + ObjectUtil.toString(result);
    }, genericFault
   ) );
Can anyone please respond to this?  

Anyone has idea about how to send data from Salesforce application to Flex.

Use case is that I need to display the details of selected Account record in my Flex application that is loaded as an SWF file linked to a S-Control.  For that I need to send the Account # to flex application. After getting the Account # in Flex, I can use Salesforce API to get the data for passed Account #.  But I am unable to find as to how to send data from Salesforce to Flex.

If thats not possible, is there any API call using which I can find out the details of the current record?