• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Thanks for help in advance!!

I have two fields on a custom object, startDate, endDate which a user inputs.

i.e. startDate: 3/24/2008  9:05 a.m.  endDate 3/26/2008 9:05 a.m.

notice that the start date is less than the end date but the times are equal, bad user..  This information is used to create multiple events for each day.. My users are having a hard time getting the timespan concept, and seem to keep doing this.

So how can i validate this to prevent this problem..

the simple

IF(Date_Start_Time__c >= Date_End_Time__c , true, false)

will not cut it here.. with the multiday issue.. I do not see anything in the validation that applies to time??

Thanks Again!!

Message Edited by Benjamin_Pirih on 03-20-2008 08:53 AM
I'm maintaining some existing code that uses the API to make query calls to the db.  (My background is a web developer using standard SQL).  I have a query that I need to modify that uses a field that is a datatype of 'Picklist'.  I need to get only rows where value in the picklist field starts with a certain value (perfect scenario for a 'like').  I don't want to hardcode a list of 6 values, plus I don't want to be tied to what my users might change later.  It looks like I can't use a 'like' on this type of field?  Can I get to id's of the picklist so I can use that so I don't hard-code values that my user could change?  (I'm guessing I should just give it up and hard-code a list...but it looks like I can't use an 'in' either...correct?)

Thanks for any thoughts.
I'm lookning for a list of Tables, fields, data types and lengths. I have searched high and low with no luck. I hav downloaded the getting started guid, the programmers reference, etc and found no reference to this in any of them.

Could some kind soul here please point me in the right direction?

I found a schma but it only lists the keyfields and the links...

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Thanks for help in advance!!

I have two fields on a custom object, startDate, endDate which a user inputs.

i.e. startDate: 3/24/2008  9:05 a.m.  endDate 3/26/2008 9:05 a.m.

notice that the start date is less than the end date but the times are equal, bad user..  This information is used to create multiple events for each day.. My users are having a hard time getting the timespan concept, and seem to keep doing this.

So how can i validate this to prevent this problem..

the simple

IF(Date_Start_Time__c >= Date_End_Time__c , true, false)

will not cut it here.. with the multiday issue.. I do not see anything in the validation that applies to time??

Thanks Again!!

Message Edited by Benjamin_Pirih on 03-20-2008 08:53 AM
Hi,

I am not a developer but I am wondering how difficult it would be to have related list items automatically added upon creation of the master object.

For instance, I have two custom objects Master and Detail.  Detail has automatic number assigned to it and a picklist with 4 values.  When the Master object is created, I would like to create four detail objects - one for each of the picklist values.

Is this possible?  If so, how complicated is it?

TIA
  • March 19, 2008
I am wanting to put a checkbox that, when checked, displays further fields that are normally hidden. Any ideas?
I would like to create a report of contacts, that also shows account name and asset name.  I would then like to filter on asset name so.

Our assets are all associated at the Account level and not at the Contact level.  So the Accounts & Assets report typoe returns thousands of records, but the Contacts & Assets report type returns nothing.

In the end I want to be able to say "show me all contacts with account name who have X asset".
Although I would think that this should be easy to accomplish, I cannot seem to figure out how to create this report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Adam
  • March 18, 2008
I've created a custom field called room_number__c that is located on the Contacts tab.  When a new case is created, I want to have that same field appear in the cases tab and have it pre-populated with the value contained from room_number__c in the Contacts tab.

I originally did this using a trigger and some code.  Unfortunately, it seems that after the first thirty days of use, the trigger function seems to go away and no one at salesforce can bring it back for me.  So, I need to find a way to accomplish the creation of fields in one tab and have the data, once populated, appear on the cases tab.

Any suggestions?
  • March 18, 2008
Looking for some help here...is there a way to auto convert a lead into an opportunity if certain criteria are met?
Hi

I have a custom field in account called lead source and I would like it to update the leads source in the opportunity when a new opportunity is created. We do not create opportunities when a Lead is converted they are created sometime after so I lose the visiablity to the lead source and our reps select random lead sources in Opportunity when I make it a required field.

I don't know much about java script or s-controls but I have been directed here by SFDC and they said I need to create an s-control to do this. According to them workflow rules will not work.

My though is this could be done by looking at the account ID then pulling the Account lead source and updating the Opportunity Lead source. But I can't find anything on how to do this anywhere. If someone has done this before could you please post your code or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
E
  • March 18, 2008

How do you predefault values on fields (example: set due date on task to current date). I tried this with a trigger, but the issue is the value does not populate as soon as new is clicked (even with before insert). It is filled in only on save.

• March 18, 2008
Is there a technical limit on the number of option values you can have in a selection list in SF? I realize there is a practical limit as far as usability goes, but I'm asking about a hard limitation.

Thanks,

Mauricio
  • March 18, 2008
Is there a way to predefault task due date to current date when a new task record is created? Also is it possible to copy over field data such as country or state from a contact record onto a new activity record created for this contact?
  • March 18, 2008
Is there a way either through configuration or code to make a record read only  (Ex: I need to make an entire case record read only when the case is Close or Escalated).
  • March 18, 2008
Does anyone know how to link more than one dependency to a field/picklist (have a field determine what values to show/select by using two levels of dependencies, and not just one)?  Thanks for any input.
  • March 17, 2008
has anyone worked with salesforce and sharepoint?  i have a prospective client wondering if the two can be integrated for membership managment needs.

thx.

I think it maybe use discribe method to get it. But I didn't find it.
I have to select account record type before  I create account. Different users login should get different record type.
I want to do the create functionality on a web page with .net web api.
How can I get the available account record types by login user with web api?
  • March 17, 2008
Hi

We have a partner token to integrate with Professional Edition. Things seem to be working fine when the app reads data from Salesforce.com.

I am using the partner token while login (VB.NET code)

callOpts = New CallOptions
                    callOpts.client = profEditionToken.Trim

Me._api.SessionHeaderValue = New sforce.SessionHeader
                    Me._api.CallOptionsValue = callOpts

However when I am trying to write data back using Upsert , salesforce.com does not return any of the custom fields that were created in my installation package.

More specifically Me._api.describeSObject("task")  does not return any of the custom fields.  Why is this ?

I read another post and even added the custom fields to the Task Page Layout.

Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!