• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All

i am making a package and i have added a custom object in my package. I have created 2 recordtypes for that custom object and assigned different page layouts to both recordtypes , it is working fine in the salesforce instance in which i created it but when the package is installed in any other salesforce instance the page layouts are not comming with the recordtypes. It show the no page layouts are assigned to the recordtypes , i need to assign the page layouts manually to the recordtypes in the salesforce instance in which the package is installed. Can anybody give me any idea if i m missing something.

Thanks and regards.
AmitP
  • December 26, 2007
Hi All,

I have created a package and added a opportunity detail page custom botton. After the installation of package the custom button is not comming on opportunity detail page. it requires manual editing in pagelayout to add the button on detail page. Is it possible that the button comes on opportunity detail page automatically after installation, without any manual editing in opportunity pagelayout.
Anybody have aby idea about this problem  .... its urgent .... please reply

Thanks in advance.

AP
  • November 19, 2007
Hi all,
         I am trying to get the id of a custom tab created by a package installation. I haev created a package that can be installed in any salesforce insatnce. It will install a button on opportunity and the buttom have a s-control that will redirct the page to a custom object tab. I need to make the url for the custom tab in s-control executed on opportunities button. The url might be like "https://na5.salesforce.com/a01/o" the number "a01" is the id of that custom tab or that custom object. But this id will be different on every salesforce instance in which my package will be installed. Is there any way to get this Id (" a01 ") in s-control that waht id is generated for the custom object tab on installation by salesforce.
Need urgent help.

Thanks in advance.
AP
  • November 16, 2007
Hi all

I want to create a custom object " Order " , but getting an eror " Error: The custom object name you specified matches a Salesforce name. You must specify a unique name ". There is no bject in my salesforce instance with this ( Order ) name. Is this name is any reserved keyword. If anyone have any idea then please reply. Thanks in advance.

AP

• November 08, 2007
Hi all
          I am trying to create a SOAP message in apex code and want to send it to a servlet ( i will process the mesage xml in my servlet ), because i don't have a webservice running on the other end. i have a simple servlet running on other end and i want to send an id of a object in to that servlet. Can anybody give me any idea how to create a mesage and send it. Any idea about apex classes to send the message or any apex api docs.

Thanks in advance.

MP

• October 05, 2007
Hi All
       I am quite new to SalesForce. I am trying to send the id of a custom object to a servlet in request, on creation of a new record.Can any body have any idea how to call a servlet URL in Trigger or in Apex Code.

Thanks in Advance
AmitP
  • September 10, 2007
I doing some Salesforce development for a client. I’m add extra custom fields to the contract object.

The client does not want to give me access to their Salesforce. How do I create a deployment package that will enable the client to install the changes(adding of custom fields) on their Salesforce

The same question will apply for a custom objects or relationships.

Thanks

Stephen
Hi All
       I am quite new to SalesForce. I am trying to send the id of a custom object to a servlet in request, on creation of a new record.Can any body have any idea how to call a servlet URL in Trigger or in Apex Code.

Thanks in Advance
AmitP
  • September 10, 2007