• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a VB application which I have compiled and deployed using the VB wizard. The application runs flawlessly in the VB environment, but fails when I run the exe file. The SF error message is "Unable to send Request to server. A connection with the server could not be established."

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Thanks,

Neil
    I have developed an application in Visual Basic 6 that logs into SalesForce successfully. The application runs successfully in VB, but when I compile it and run it as a standalone prorgramme, the login fails.
    With a view to understanding this problem, I have created identical applications in Access and Excel, and used the same login method as in vb - both fail. The Access application in particular uses identical code.
    This problem has only arisen since Sales Force introduced the concept of concatinated passwords and security tokens.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a workaround? Code snippets are attached.

Thanks,

Neil

Code Snippets:
'Log into SalesForce
If SampleLogin(Me.txtSF_User, Me.txtSF_Password) = True Then
    MsgBox "Logged in", vbOKOnly, "SalesForce"
    'CreateAccount
Else
    MsgBox "Login Failed"
    Unload Me

Public Function SampleLogin(Username, Password) As Boolean
Set g_SFApi = New SForceOfficeToolkitLib3.SForceSession3
SampleLogin = g_SFApi.Login(Me.txtSF_User, Me.txtSF_Password)
End Function

I have written an app. in VB6 with a form!load eevnt that logs into SalesForce using my account and password. This is now failing, and my internet connection is fine. Any ideas why?

Thanks
I am using Developer Sidekick to work my way through the various SF objects. In SF, opportunity product is a sub-table attached to opportunities, but it does not appear at all in Sidekick. Any ideas why?

The rationale behind all this is that I am trying to update the sales price field to unit price * Discount, where discount is a custom percentage field in the Account table. My views on the steps are:
1. Select * from Opportunity where Id = Opportunity product. Opportunity Id ( I am assuming that this field exists.)
2. Select * from account where id = Opportunity.Account ID
3. Update Sales Price = Unit price * (1-Account Discount).

Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
Where can I find a definitive list of pricebook2 fields? Alternatively, which Apex object contains the standard price field?

Thanks,

Neil

I am attempting to run the following query:
Set qr = g_SFApi.Query("Select * from Product where Neil__c = false", False)

I have created a custom field called Neil as a check box in the product table. The API name is
Neil double underscore c.

Any ideas?

Neil
I am a vb6 developer. Is there such a thing as a connection string to SalesForce?  I understand that I need to log into SF before I go anywhere - I've done that bit - but then I want to populate a vb data grid with Salesforce account data, therefore the code should look something like:

Dim Conn as adodb.connection
Dim rec as adodb.recordset

set conn = new adodb.connection
set rec = new adodb.recordset

Conn.open Connection string
rec.open "select * from account",conn

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
Hi all,

I am working in VB6 and am trying to create a form_load event that will log me onto Sales Force. Is there any example code around? I have tried the code supplied in the handbook, but that fails.

Neil
Hi everyone,

I am the new kid on the block - joined today. I have seen references to the above in the help manuals. Can anyone give me the web address where I acn download this?

Thanks,

Neil
    I have developed an application in Visual Basic 6 that logs into SalesForce successfully. The application runs successfully in VB, but when I compile it and run it as a standalone prorgramme, the login fails.
    With a view to understanding this problem, I have created identical applications in Access and Excel, and used the same login method as in vb - both fail. The Access application in particular uses identical code.
    This problem has only arisen since Sales Force introduced the concept of concatinated passwords and security tokens.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a workaround? Code snippets are attached.

Thanks,

Neil

Code Snippets:
'Log into SalesForce
If SampleLogin(Me.txtSF_User, Me.txtSF_Password) = True Then
    MsgBox "Logged in", vbOKOnly, "SalesForce"
    'CreateAccount
Else
    MsgBox "Login Failed"
    Unload Me

Public Function SampleLogin(Username, Password) As Boolean
Set g_SFApi = New SForceOfficeToolkitLib3.SForceSession3
SampleLogin = g_SFApi.Login(Me.txtSF_User, Me.txtSF_Password)
End Function

I have written an app. in VB6 with a form!load eevnt that logs into SalesForce using my account and password. This is now failing, and my internet connection is fine. Any ideas why?

Thanks
I am attempting to run the following query:
Set qr = g_SFApi.Query("Select * from Product where Neil__c = false", False)

I have created a custom field called Neil as a check box in the product table. The API name is
Neil double underscore c.

Any ideas?

Neil
Hi all,

I am working in VB6 and am trying to create a form_load event that will log me onto Sales Force. Is there any example code around? I have tried the code supplied in the handbook, but that fails.

Neil