• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure how many here this news comes as news to, but it sure came as news to us when we learned recently that, irrespective of how restrictive a user's given Profile may be, they will always still be able to change the record ownership on a record belonging to another user to themselves if they wish!

This was acknowledged by the Salesforce tech support team and management, and the only solution we were given was the use of the following validation constraint:

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

This, however, has the unfortunate side effect of provoking the exact opposite problem accross all users: that of disabling the ability to modify ownership on any record even if you're the Administrator!

Neither situation being acceptable, I figured if I could adjust the formula to apply itself only to those users belonging to the appropriate ProfileID, then all other profile members would continue to be able to modify the ownership of records belonging to other users, and so attempted the following validation constraint instead:

AND (ISCHANGED( OwnerId ) , $User.ProfileId = "00e30000000evEUAAY"

==> By the way, that winking smilie face is supposed to be just a ')' <==

The ID shown is the ID for our sales team's custom profile, but this code - despite passing the syntax checker - provides no constraints whatsoever, even for members of the listed profile! Essentially, this code takes me back to square one, i.e. - as if I had no validation constraints entered to begin with.

Can someone please help us with this?

It's mind-boggling that a program as sophisticated as Salesforce would ommite such an essential function as the ability to restrict users from changing the ownership of records not belonging to them!

Please help...

Thanks,
Philip
Not sure how many here this news comes as news to, but it sure came as news to us when we learned recently that, irrespective of how restrictive a user's given Profile may be, they will always still be able to change the record ownership on a record belonging to another user to themselves if they wish!

This was acknowledged by the Salesforce tech support team and management, and the only solution we were given was the use of the following validation constraint:

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

This, however, has the unfortunate side effect of provoking the exact opposite problem accross all users: that of disabling the ability to modify ownership on any record even if you're the Administrator!

Neither situation being acceptable, I figured if I could adjust the formula to apply itself only to those users belonging to the appropriate ProfileID, then all other profile members would continue to be able to modify the ownership of records belonging to other users, and so attempted the following validation constraint instead:

AND (ISCHANGED( OwnerId ) , $User.ProfileId = "00e30000000evEUAAY")

The ID shown is the ID for our sales team's custom profile, but this code - despite passing the syntax checker - provides no constraints whatsoever, even for members of the listed profile! Essentially, this code takes me back to square one, i.e. - as if I had no validation constraints entered to begin with.

It's mind-boggling that a program as sophisticated as Salesforce would ommite such an essential function as the ability to restrict users from changing the ownership of records not belonging to them!

Please help...

Thanks,
Philip
I love and admire Apple, and one day plan on getting one for myself, but am still a PC user at present, and my client is a pure Mac house running Salesforce on a mix of Safari and Firefox browsers.

They have long been in need of the kind of dup checking Salesforce Labs' "Record DeDup 1.4" is now providing - especially now that it's overriding the 'New' button for all new Lead, Contact, & Account record creations, but it's only functioning correctly in this capacity for those users running it on Firefox. Safari just sits there on the "Searching, please wait..." screen and that's it.

Is this also down to how Safari doesn't honor the content type like most other browsers, and is Leopard the best hope we have for this, or does anyone know of a way this can be fixed without having to impose a blanket denial of the use of Safari for Salesforce moving forward?

Many thanks,
HarryLemon

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

AND (ISCHANGED( OwnerId ) , $User.ProfileId = "00e30000000evEUAAY"

Please help...

Thanks,
Philip

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

AND (ISCHANGED( OwnerId ) , $User.ProfileId = "00e30000000evEUAAY")

Please help...

Thanks,
Philip
I love and admire Apple, and one day plan on getting one for myself, but am still a PC user at present, and my client is a pure Mac house running Salesforce on a mix of Safari and Firefox browsers.

They have long been in need of the kind of dup checking Salesforce Labs' "Record DeDup 1.4" is now providing - especially now that it's overriding the 'New' button for all new Lead, Contact, & Account record creations, but it's only functioning correctly in this capacity for those users running it on Firefox. Safari just sits there on the "Searching, please wait..." screen and that's it.

Is this also down to how Safari doesn't honor the content type like most other browsers, and is Leopard the best hope we have for this, or does anyone know of a way this can be fixed without having to impose a blanket denial of the use of Safari for Salesforce moving forward?

Many thanks,
HarryLemon