• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am currently using the OpenAccess ODBC driver in conjunction with an Access to generate a muli-tabular query (joining five tables) from a client's SF database.

The problem is that it takes hours (and sometimes times out).

I'm guessing that, if the query can run server-side, meaning that only the results need to be returned, this will solve the problem.

My question is, can (or should) this can be done with Apex?

I'm not a developer, but I've posted a job on the job board.  If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd appreciate very much if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Justin
I am currently using the OpenAccess ODBC driver in conjunction with an Access to generate a muli-tabular query (joining five tables) from a client's SF database.

The problem is that it takes hours (and sometimes times out).

I'm guessing that, if the query can run server-side, meaning that only the results need to be returned, this will solve the problem.

My question is, can (or should) this can be done with Apex?

I'm not a developer, but I've posted a job on the job board.  If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd appreciate very much if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Justin
I need a developer to write a query that joins five tables in a client's SF database and returns the result as a CSV file or a flat file in a URL (to be imported into an Excel workbook).

I am currently using the OpenAccess ODBC driver in conjunction with an Access query to import/join these tables.

The problem is that it takes hours.

I'm happy to provide the working Access file if it assists you to quote on the job.

Justin