• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Following in what I am experiencing:

1. Bind a visual page  action with an method in Apex controler to trigger it when page load.

2. In the that Apex method, I call an outside webservice. But it always end with time out when run in first time, it will work well after that. 

3. I've already set the timeout_x =12000

Notes: Actually, in the first time, the web service was called successfully but the code after the Webservice call will not be excuted due to time out

Anyone have the similar experience? any advise or discussion will be appreciated!  

I built a number of webservice via Apex, which is successfully consumed by .Net . But I have to migrate to WebLogic workshop, Is there any documents, blogs about WebLogic Workshop development?

Any one knows this area? Thanks! 

Issue:

What I need is to sync every updates of case to another system(ASAP), firstly I tired to call an outside webservice in a after update trigger, But got following err message: "Callout from triggers are currently not supported."

After some research, it seems there are two ways as workaround. I've not tried them, please advise if my understanding is wrong:

1. use @future (callout=true) to mark the call out method.

2. Outbound Messaging feature

Question:

1. Both of above two workaround ways are asynchronous. Anyone know how long will it take to invoke outside webservice? will the @future one instantly call outside webservice?

2. Is there any other good solution, what I need is sync updates of case to outside system instantly?

Thanks a lot!

I want to update a customized field of Case. (IsCommentMigrated  is a checkbox field whose default value is "false".)
Following is the code:
 *********************Section one ****************************
                Case newCase = new Case();
                newCase.Id = "XXXXXXXXXXX";
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__c = false;
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__cSpecified = false;
                try
                {
                    SaveResult[] srArray1 = binding.update(new sObject[] { newCase });
                }
*********************Section two****************************
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__c =
true
;
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__cSpecified =
true
;
                try
                {
                }

Section one failed, but Section two works! Any one have idea on that? Please advise,thanks!

• October 01, 2008
Is that possible to login another SFDC instance and manipulate object like create a case?

What's the Problem? E.G.
To monitor the case creatation in one SFDC instance, if it meets some conditions then login to another SFDC instance and create case and populate related fields accordingly

Possilbe solution:

S-Control:
I try to login other instance via Ajax , it always say invalid user or password.

APEX:
trigger?

Thanks,
Samson

• September 02, 2008
It's really weird that I could only get one latest attachemnt when query case. But the case does have many attachments.
Following is my code:

binding.query("select Name,Body,BodyLength from Attachment where ParentId='50070000005KsNUAA0'");

Another thing is when I do the same search via Eclipse Salesforce.schema, it can get all the attachments.
What API does Eclipse use??

Thanks! It's really urgent for me , any comments are welcome!

• September 02, 2008

Issue:

What I need is to sync every updates of case to another system(ASAP), firstly I tired to call an outside webservice in a after update trigger, But got following err message: "Callout from triggers are currently not supported."

After some research, it seems there are two ways as workaround. I've not tried them, please advise if my understanding is wrong:

1. use @future (callout=true) to mark the call out method.

2. Outbound Messaging feature

Question:

1. Both of above two workaround ways are asynchronous. Anyone know how long will it take to invoke outside webservice? will the @future one instantly call outside webservice?

2. Is there any other good solution, what I need is sync updates of case to outside system instantly?

Thanks a lot!

I want to update a customized field of Case. (IsCommentMigrated  is a checkbox field whose default value is "false".)
Following is the code:
 *********************Section one ****************************
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__c = false;
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__cSpecified = false;
                try
                {
                }
*********************Section two****************************
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__c =
true
;
                newCase.IsCommentMigrated__cSpecified =
true
;
                try
                {
                }

Section one failed, but Section two works! Any one have idea on that? Please advise,thanks!

• October 01, 2008
It's really weird that I could only get one latest attachemnt when query case. But the case does have many attachments.
Following is my code:

binding.query("select Name,Body,BodyLength from Attachment where ParentId='50070000005KsNUAA0'");

Another thing is when I do the same search via Eclipse Salesforce.schema, it can get all the attachments.
What API does Eclipse use??

Thanks! It's really urgent for me , any comments are welcome!

• September 02, 2008
Is it possible to login to a different Salesforce organization (assuming the user/pass is known) via s-control and run queries against the remote data?

For example: I administer Salesforce instance A where my s-control runs.  I also want to get data from Salesforce instance B and C which contains data I need to report on.  Can the s-control running in instance A retrieve this data?

Thanks.