• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear Salesforce,

Every time a new version of the platform is about to be released the entire system becomes hugely unreliable.

I have some managed code that I tested last night, early this morning, early this afternoon and late this afternoon.  The test methods have not changed and we have not changed the configuration of the environment.  Last night the tests worked, this morning they failed, early afternoon they succeed and this late this afternoon they suddenly stopped working again!

I've just tried to edit a record that passed validation previously and it is now failing.  The validation is failing with some code that checks for two non-null values.  If either value is not null an error is thrown.  Trouble is, both values are null so the trigger should never get to that part of the code!

This is failing in the development org as well as our client's subscriber orgs. 

Not a great advert for either of us!

Please can you help.

Thanks

Hi

We are using a payment processing system (element 5) to handle our eCommerce payments however, the only integration element 5 offer to external systems is in the form of an email with XML attachment.

I was wondering, bit of a long shot, can Salesforce accept and parse inbound emails and attachments or am I going to have to use an intermediary server, parse the file myself and then use the API to update data within Salesforce.com??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

Dear Salesforce,

Every time a new version of the platform is about to be released the entire system becomes hugely unreliable.

I have some managed code that I tested last night, early this morning, early this afternoon and late this afternoon.  The test methods have not changed and we have not changed the configuration of the environment.  Last night the tests worked, this morning they failed, early afternoon they succeed and this late this afternoon they suddenly stopped working again!

I've just tried to edit a record that passed validation previously and it is now failing.  The validation is failing with some code that checks for two non-null values.  If either value is not null an error is thrown.  Trouble is, both values are null so the trigger should never get to that part of the code!

This is failing in the development org as well as our client's subscriber orgs. 

Not a great advert for either of us!

Please can you help.

Thanks

hi,

while uploading through data loader  i got this error any one can resolve this problem.

Error loading into target [OpportunityHistory] : Error received from salesforce.com. Fields []. Status code [CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY]. Message [entity type cannot be inserted: Opportunity History].

thanks,

krish

Hi All

I'm trying to upload a package to the appexchange that contains an APEX class that has a @future(callout=true) note, the tests all execute fine (apart from the @future as they are not supported) and the code functions without error in the development environment yet when I try to upload I get this error in the debug log.

'Future method cannot be called from a future method: getLicenceKey(String, String)'

It's all very strange, so hopefull someone can help.

Cheers

Paul
Hi

We are using a payment processing system (element 5) to handle our eCommerce payments however, the only integration element 5 offer to external systems is in the form of an email with XML attachment.

I was wondering, bit of a long shot, can Salesforce accept and parse inbound emails and attachments or am I going to have to use an intermediary server, parse the file myself and then use the API to update data within Salesforce.com??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

You are welcome to download a preview version of the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.com. It is available at:

http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com/support/SalesF-Files-Index.asp

The preview version allows READ access (SELECT) from Salesforce. It will expose all the objects you have acess to, including any custom objects/fields you have added. Please try it out and give us your feedback.

Using the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce allows any application or development tool that is able to access data from databases like SQL Server and Oracle to access your data at Salesforce.com.

OpenAccess Team
http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com