• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Tried adding some pretty standard Javascript files as static resources. Having problems including the files in VF pages which contain unicode character. Is unicode not supported?

I have a quite complex lead assignment process for which lead assignment rules are simply not up to the task, both in complexity and number.

I can overcome the complexity problem by using a webservice to calculate the name of the user I need to assign the lead to but I still have problems as rules like Manager__c = "X" assign to user X would cause me to hit the limit of assignment rules.

So I was thinking I could do it with an Apex trigger but I have been unable to find a way so far. I have some up with something like:

Code:
trigger assignLead on Lead (before insert, before update) 
{ 
 for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++)
 {
  if (trigger.new[i].Status == 'Qualified')   
  {   
   Trigger.new[i].Owner.Name = [Select Name from User where Name = 'X'][0].Name;  
  } 
 }
}

Messy I know but that was after trying many different things, so far but that throws a compile error "Field is not writeable: Owner.Name at line 7 column 28" and was wondering if I was thinking down the wrong route?

Hi,

Not been able to find anything about this in documentation. Is it possible to access DOM methods and properties for visual force objects? I am looking at making paired lists similar to the ones on the Web-To-Lead setup page which allows users to select, order and switch items between lists. I have constructed the lists and tied them into the data fine so just need to code the buttons. Is this at all possible in Visual Force/Apex do this or will I need to use Javascript like the components on other pages?

Thanks
I have two custom objects, Setting and Customisation (British spelling). Customisation has a Master-Detail(Setting) field and
Child Relationship Name is Customisations. However

Code:
<apex:relatedList list="Customisations" title="Profiles" subject="{!SettingId}"/>

Causes an error: 'Customisations' is not a valid child rationship name for entity Setting. The name right and I think I have the objects setup right. SettingId is the Id of the setting record I am using to store the information and the customisation record is related to the correct one. Seems to be moaning about the right object so I doubt its a custom controller problem.
Hi,

Building a page in Visual force. Has a detail view of a custom object and an Edit button with action !edit. Below is another Pageblock. If I have another button New here with an action !new and save I get the error: Unexpected token: PageReference and lose all changes I had made. If I add public PageReference new() into the code I get Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: PageReference at line 61 column 12. Surely its possible to have more than one button on a page?
Had a play with Visual Force as our app is all in clunky S-Controls at the moment and I'm very impressed with it so far, however have not found a way to get around the follow problem.

We want to have a way of selecting which countries apply using check boxes but the following code will not work:

<apex:selectManyCheckbox value="{!CountrySelection}" id="selectCheckbox" layout="pageDirection">
<apex:repeat value="{!Countries}" var="Country">
<apex:selectItem itemValue="{!Country}" itemLabel="{!Country}"/>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:selectManyCheckbox>

Custom Control Code:

public String[] getCountries() {
return new String[]{'GBR','USA','CAN','IRL'};
}

public List<String> getCountrySelection() {
List<String> countrylist = new List<String>();
countrylist.add('GBR');
countrylist.add('USA');
return countrylist;
}

Within the <apex:repeat> tags it is possible to output the country names with an <apex:outputText value="{!Country}/> and also possible to make an <apex:selectItem> using an API reference to a string outside of the repeat tags but cant seem to find a way to loop through countries and make an <apex:selectItem> for each.

Anyone else had problems with this?

I have a quite complex lead assignment process for which lead assignment rules are simply not up to the task, both in complexity and number.

I can overcome the complexity problem by using a webservice to calculate the name of the user I need to assign the lead to but I still have problems as rules like Manager__c = "X" assign to user X would cause me to hit the limit of assignment rules.

So I was thinking I could do it with an Apex trigger but I have been unable to find a way so far. I have some up with something like:

Code:
trigger assignLead on Lead (before insert, before update) 
{ 
 for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++)
 {
  if (trigger.new[i].Status == 'Qualified')   
  {   
   Trigger.new[i].Owner.Name = [Select Name from User where Name = 'X'][0].Name;  
  } 
 }
}

Messy I know but that was after trying many different things, so far but that throws a compile error "Field is not writeable: Owner.Name at line 7 column 28" and was wondering if I was thinking down the wrong route?

I have two custom objects, Setting and Customisation (British spelling). Customisation has a Master-Detail(Setting) field and
Child Relationship Name is Customisations. However

Code:
<apex:relatedList list="Customisations" title="Profiles" subject="{!SettingId}"/>

Causes an error: 'Customisations' is not a valid child rationship name for entity Setting. The name right and I think I have the objects setup right. SettingId is the Id of the setting record I am using to store the information and the customisation record is related to the correct one. Seems to be moaning about the right object so I doubt its a custom controller problem.
Hi,

Building a page in Visual force. Has a detail view of a custom object and an Edit button with action !edit. Below is another Pageblock. If I have another button New here with an action !new and save I get the error: Unexpected token: PageReference and lose all changes I had made. If I add public PageReference new() into the code I get Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: PageReference at line 61 column 12. Surely its possible to have more than one button on a page?
I've made a visualforce page that uses the Contact standardController, for some reason it doens't show up as an option in the override view page list. I can see it in the override tab list though. Any ideas?

Scott
Had a play with Visual Force as our app is all in clunky S-Controls at the moment and I'm very impressed with it so far, however have not found a way to get around the follow problem.

We want to have a way of selecting which countries apply using check boxes but the following code will not work:

<apex:selectManyCheckbox value="{!CountrySelection}" id="selectCheckbox" layout="pageDirection">
<apex:repeat value="{!Countries}" var="Country">
<apex:selectItem itemValue="{!Country}" itemLabel="{!Country}"/>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:selectManyCheckbox>

Custom Control Code:

public String[] getCountries() {
return new String[]{'GBR','USA','CAN','IRL'};
}

public List<String> getCountrySelection() {
List<String> countrylist = new List<String>();
countrylist.add('GBR');
countrylist.add('USA');
return countrylist;
}

Within the <apex:repeat> tags it is possible to output the country names with an <apex:outputText value="{!Country}/> and also possible to make an <apex:selectItem> using an API reference to a string outside of the repeat tags but cant seem to find a way to loop through countries and make an <apex:selectItem> for each.

Anyone else had problems with this?