Campaign A.A ( 10 members )

Campaign A.B ( 50 members )

Campaign A.Z ( 700 members )

Parent Campaign B ( 0 members )

Campaign B.A ( 532 members )

Campaign B.B ( 1,000 members )

Campaign B.Z ( 321 members )

... So on and so forth.

Now our organization wants to know how many unique members are in each parent campaign.  If a contact belongs to Campaign B.A and Campaign B.B, then that contact will show up twice for counting all members who is in a campaign belongs to Parent Campaign B.

The CampaignMembers object has over 300,000 records. I thought about pulling the contactID and the ParentID out using joins, but I'll only pull 2,000 records at a time with the current limitations.

Any ideas how to get the number of unique members from each parent campaign?

I want to create a report that gives me a list of all unique contact titles.  Is there anyway to do this?

I'm trying to create a report that will give me every contact whose Mailing Address is different from their Account's Shipping Address.

Any ideas how to do this through Salesforce's Report tool?

Our organization would like to convert all Person Accounts to Contacts. We would like the converted contact to be connect to an account named, "Generic Contact."  I looked into this a little and this is what I found out. 

Option 1:

Each Person Account has a record in both the Account table and Contact table.  The Contact table holds all the Person Acount information.  The Contact table has a field called IsPersonAccount which is marked true. I would like to change the IsPersonAccount to false, change the AccountId to that of the "Generic Contact" account and Delete the Account with the old AccountId.

Whenever I try to change the IsPersonAccount to false, I get an error "INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE".

Option 2:

Now I can export the contacts to a csv file and  filter out all contacts with business accounts leaving the Person Accounts.  Then I can delete all Person Accounts and import the people in my csv file as contacts.  Finally, reconnect all compaigns using the PHP API.  

I would much rather change the AccountId and IsPersonAccount fields  (much less work).  Is there anyway to do option 1 or is there a better way of converting PersonAccounts to Contacts?

I'm working on a visualforce email template.  I'm having a problem pulling the account name.  Here's what I tried:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Send Catalog" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Contact"> <messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Name: {!relatedTo.Name} Email: {!relatedTo.Email} Title: {!relatedTo.Title} School: {!relatedTo.Account__r.Name} Street: {!relatedTo.MailingStreet} City/State/Zip: {!relatedTo.MailingCity}, {!relatedTo.MailingState} {!relatedTo.MailingPostalCode}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody> </messaging:emailTemplate>

I'm having problems here:

School: {!relatedTo.Account__r.Name}

Anyone know how to pull the account name when recipientType="User" relatedToType="Contact"?

Our salesforce account got spammed last week.  What is the best way to delete the hundreds of spam leads?
I'm trying to get a value from the URL and pass it to my Apex class.  Here's the URL

URL: https://c.na4.visual.force.com/apex/email?comment_id=Comment-0000003

Here's some sudo code for what I want to do

Visualforce:
Code:
<apex:page ...>
... {!myClass.URL($Request.comment_id)} ...
</apex:page>

Apex Class:
Code:
public class myClass
{
   private String comment_id = null;

public void URL(String data)
   {
      this.comment_id = data;
   }

}

I want the VisualForce page to envoke the URL function and send it the comment_id value from the URL.  I know this doesn't work.  Why doesn't it work and what do I need to do to get it to work.

Our organization would like to convert all Person Accounts to Contacts. We would like the converted contact to be connect to an account named, "Generic Contact."  I looked into this a little and this is what I found out. 

Option 1:

Each Person Account has a record in both the Account table and Contact table.  The Contact table holds all the Person Acount information.  The Contact table has a field called IsPersonAccount which is marked true. I would like to change the IsPersonAccount to false, change the AccountId to that of the "Generic Contact" account and Delete the Account with the old AccountId.

Whenever I try to change the IsPersonAccount to false, I get an error "INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE".

Option 2:

Now I can export the contacts to a csv file and  filter out all contacts with business accounts leaving the Person Accounts.  Then I can delete all Person Accounts and import the people in my csv file as contacts.  Finally, reconnect all compaigns using the PHP API.  

I would much rather change the AccountId and IsPersonAccount fields  (much less work).  Is there anyway to do option 1 or is there a better way of converting PersonAccounts to Contacts?

I'm working on a visualforce email template.  I'm having a problem pulling the account name.  Here's what I tried:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Send Catalog" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Contact"> <messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Name: {!relatedTo.Name} Email: {!relatedTo.Email} Title: {!relatedTo.Title} School: {!relatedTo.Account__r.Name} Street: {!relatedTo.MailingStreet} City/State/Zip: {!relatedTo.MailingCity}, {!relatedTo.MailingState} {!relatedTo.MailingPostalCode}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody> </messaging:emailTemplate>

I'm having problems here:

School: {!relatedTo.Account__r.Name}

Anyone know how to pull the account name when recipientType="User" relatedToType="Contact"?

I'm trying to get a value from the URL and pass it to my Apex class.  Here's the URL

URL: https://c.na4.visual.force.com/apex/email?comment_id=Comment-0000003

Here's some sudo code for what I want to do

Visualforce:
Code:
<apex:page ...>
... {!myClass.URL($Request.comment_id)} ...
</apex:page>

Apex Class:
Code:
public class myClass
{
   private String comment_id = null;

public void URL(String data)
   {
      this.comment_id = data;
   }

}

I want the VisualForce page to envoke the URL function and send it the comment_id value from the URL.  I know this doesn't work.  Why doesn't it work and what do I need to do to get it to work.