• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What is the best way to determine why we are sporadically getting an error "unable to obtain exclusive access to this record".  We get it at times when we use the dataloader to delete records, delete a record manually, send an email, create a case in Salesforce, or create a case from Lightning for outlook.  Salesforce Basic Support directed me here.  Where do I start? 
  • February 06, 2019
How can I auto lauch a visual force page in Lightning from an action button that calls a controller and redirects to a custom object and stays in lightning?  I need all this to happen in one click.

We currently have a process that takes the values from the opportunity and populates a custom object.  This process uses field ID's to map the values to a custom object.  The existing button does not appear in "Lightning Experience."  The only way that is obvious to accomplish this task in the "Lightning Experience" is to utilize a visual force page. The user should click a Lightning Experience "Action" button.  The page should launch automatically, execute code in the controller and return to the visual force page to "navigatetoSObject."   It is important that the user has a limited number of clicks that they have to execute.  The "navigatetoSObject" is necessary so the user is not forced back into "Salesforce Classic" mode.  If a PageReference is executed in the controller "Salesforce Classic" appears even though the user has chosen to be in the "Lightning Experience." 

• December 28, 2016
Is there a way to pull in the same Milestones and/or Tasks for each project?  We want to be able to create a project off of an Opportunity and track the different Milestones for the project.  For example,  the following milestones would be used for every project.  Is there a way to pull those in all the time instead of having to manually create them for each project?

1)  Received Quote and Drawing Request
2) Created Drawing
3) Create Quote
4) Send Drawing & Quote to Customer

• July 21, 2011

I have a trigger in production that when a Lead is converted, it will update the Account with the lead information. 

My problem is that I only want this to happen on New Accounts and not Exsting Accounts.  Right now it is overriding

the information on an existing account and we don't want it to.  How can I change this to only trigger when the account is

new?

Here is my trigger:

trigger UpdateAccountFromLead on Lead (after update) {
account Account = new Account();

for ( Lead theLead : Trigger.new )
  {
    // Check to see if the lead was converted into an Account
    if ( theLead.ConvertedAccountId != null )
    {
      // Get the Account to update
      Account theAccount = [select id, District_Type__c, District__c, District_Name__c,Region__c, Sales_Rep__c , Field_Sales_Rep_Number__c, Market_Code__c, Site, State__c  from Account where id = :theLead.ConvertedAccountId];

// Update the fields
      theAccount.District_Type__c = theLead.District_Type__c;
      theAccount.District_Name__c = theLead.District_Name__c;
      theAccount.District__c = theLead.District__c;
      theAccount.Region__c = theLead.Region__c;
      theAccount.Sales_Rep__c = theLead.Field_Sales_Rep__c;
      theAccount.Market_Code__c = theLead.Market_Code__c;
      theAccount.Field_Sales_Rep_Number__c  = theLead.Field_Sales_Rep_Number__c ;
      theAccount.State__c = theLead.State;
      theAccount.Site = theLead.City;

// Update the Account
       update theAccount;
    }
  }

}

• December 03, 2010

I have the following workflow in place to populate the Due Date field based on these requirements:

CASE (Coordinator_Status__c, "Received Quote Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +1,"Received Quote and Drawing Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +4, Null)

It is working but I need it to only caculate week days.  If it is a Friday 9/17 +1, I need it to caculate to a Due Date of 9/20.  How can I make it skip weekends?

• September 13, 2010

I am trying to create a validation rule that will not allow you to Save a case when the Follow Up date is past due.  I do want it to allow you to Close the case even though the follow up date is past due.  Here is what I have so far that is not working:

AND (Required_Response_Date__c  < TODAY (), NOT (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Closed)))

• September 10, 2010

I need to run a report showing me the number of dates between the last approval received and when the order got entered.  I believe I need to create a fomula field to do the following:

I have 3 milestone date fields on the Opportunity.

Received Approved Drawing

Received confirmations/Approvals

Received VFD’s

I want to determine what the Latest of these 3 dates are and then calculate the time between the Later Date and the Order Entry Date field.

For example:

Received Approved Drawing  07/07/10

Received confirmations/Approvals 07/07/10

Received VFD’s 07/12/10

Order Entry Date07/15/10

7/12/10 is the latest date of the three so caculate the days between 7/12/10  and 7/15/10 (starting from 7/13/10 because they could have received it late in the day) = 3 days

Help!

• July 15, 2010

I have the following formula to return True if the Close date is in the current month or the next 3 month but it doesn't take into account the Year.   What do I add to make sure the Close date is in the same year as Today?

IF ( OR
(MONTH( CloseDate ) = MONTH(TODAY()),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 1),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 2),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 3)),
"True", "False")

• May 03, 2010

Is there a way to create a 'soft error' message in SFDC?  I want to alert users that when they change the stage to a certain value they should then enter products.  I don't want to stop them from being able to save the record at this point.  I just want to tell them they should enter products.

Can you help?

• April 26, 2010

I need to find a formula to default a date field to 72hrs from Case creation but the date cannot be a Saturday or Sunday.

Today()+3  (but cannot land on a Saturday or Sunday)

• April 23, 2010
I need a way to have my report have a duration of '4 month rolling starting with the current month'. In April, I want to see 4/1/10 to 7/31/10. Do you know of any way to achieve this? There is no standard duration that works for me. I tried to use a filter of EOD = This Month and EOD = Next 1 Quarter but that I don’t believe would roll correctly. It looks like it works for March but then in April it would give me April, July, August, and Sept.

Any thoughts?
  • March 24, 2010

I need to run a report that shows me only the Last Case Comment on a Case.  I added a field to the Case called Last Case Comments.  I created a workflow to update this field with the body of the case comment (every time a record is created or edited).  It works but then I deleated the Case Comment but the report still shows them.  Also,  if you edit a previous comment, it will update the field as well.  I only want this field to be populated with the very last Case Comment on the Case.  I also do not want them to show on the report if they are deleted.

Any ideas?

• March 19, 2010

I am trying to install the Force.com IDE on in Eclipse and I get this error.  Any ideas?

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Deployment 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.deployment 16.0.0.200906151227) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.3.0,3.5.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
    To: com.salesforce.ide.deployment [16.0.0.200906151227]

• October 02, 2009
Is there a way to bring in the Contact Phone number instead of the Account phone number to the Contact Related List?
  • September 18, 2009
Is there a way to default the 'Send Notification Email' checkbox to unchecked when using the Log a Call button?
  • April 27, 2009

We need to have a 'First Call" checkbox on the lead page layout.  We would like the checkbox to be 'unchecked' at the beginning of each month.  I believe I want a workflow here but I don't know the formula. 

Any help would be appreciated.

• April 27, 2009
Is there a way to change the columns that show in the Recycle Bin? 
  • April 15, 2009

I have a user that is trying to add an email from Lotus Notes to a Case and is getting the following message:

An error occured while trying to add an email to Salesforce.  Please contact your administrator to confirm that you have access to activities in Salesforce. 

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1) was found in the element content of the document.

Some days he gets this error and some days he does not.  It is not consistent.  Any ideas?

• April 15, 2009
I am trying to populate a custom field with the Lead Owner's name.  I can only pick Owner Id from the Field Insert picklist.  I don't want the ID, I want the name.  Any ideas?
  • April 06, 2009

I am trying to get a report showing our average resolution time for Cases in Days.  I am using Business Hours Age (Day) but this caculation is not what I want.  It is taking the hours for a case and divding by 24.  I need it to divide by 9 which is our business hours to get a more accurate number.

I downloaded the Case Age in Business Hours from the AppExchange.  I can use the Case Age in Business Hours in the Custom Summary Formula but I cannot seem to get what I need.

Can you help?

• February 27, 2009
What is the best way to determine why we are sporadically getting an error "unable to obtain exclusive access to this record".  We get it at times when we use the dataloader to delete records, delete a record manually, send an email, create a case in Salesforce, or create a case from Lightning for outlook.  Salesforce Basic Support directed me here.  Where do I start? 
  • February 06, 2019
How can I auto lauch a visual force page in Lightning from an action button that calls a controller and redirects to a custom object and stays in lightning?  I need all this to happen in one click.

We currently have a process that takes the values from the opportunity and populates a custom object.  This process uses field ID's to map the values to a custom object.  The existing button does not appear in "Lightning Experience."  The only way that is obvious to accomplish this task in the "Lightning Experience" is to utilize a visual force page. The user should click a Lightning Experience "Action" button.  The page should launch automatically, execute code in the controller and return to the visual force page to "navigatetoSObject."   It is important that the user has a limited number of clicks that they have to execute.  The "navigatetoSObject" is necessary so the user is not forced back into "Salesforce Classic" mode.  If a PageReference is executed in the controller "Salesforce Classic" appears even though the user has chosen to be in the "Lightning Experience." 

• December 28, 2016

I have the following workflow in place to populate the Due Date field based on these requirements:

CASE (Coordinator_Status__c, "Received Quote Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +1,"Received Quote and Drawing Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +4, Null)

It is working but I need it to only caculate week days.  If it is a Friday 9/17 +1, I need it to caculate to a Due Date of 9/20.  How can I make it skip weekends?

• September 13, 2010

I am trying to create a validation rule that will not allow you to Save a case when the Follow Up date is past due.  I do want it to allow you to Close the case even though the follow up date is past due.  Here is what I have so far that is not working:

AND (Required_Response_Date__c  < TODAY (), NOT (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Closed)))

• September 10, 2010

I need to run a report showing me the number of dates between the last approval received and when the order got entered.  I believe I need to create a fomula field to do the following:

I have 3 milestone date fields on the Opportunity.

Received Approved Drawing

Received confirmations/Approvals

Received VFD’s

I want to determine what the Latest of these 3 dates are and then calculate the time between the Later Date and the Order Entry Date field.

For example:

Received Approved Drawing  07/07/10

Received confirmations/Approvals 07/07/10

Received VFD’s 07/12/10

Order Entry Date07/15/10

7/12/10 is the latest date of the three so caculate the days between 7/12/10  and 7/15/10 (starting from 7/13/10 because they could have received it late in the day) = 3 days

Help!

• July 15, 2010

I have the following formula to return True if the Close date is in the current month or the next 3 month but it doesn't take into account the Year.   What do I add to make sure the Close date is in the same year as Today?

IF ( OR
(MONTH( CloseDate ) = MONTH(TODAY()),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 1),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 2),
(Month(CloseDate) = Month(Today()) + 3)),
"True", "False")

• May 03, 2010
I need a way to have my report have a duration of '4 month rolling starting with the current month'. In April, I want to see 4/1/10 to 7/31/10. Do you know of any way to achieve this? There is no standard duration that works for me. I tried to use a filter of EOD = This Month and EOD = Next 1 Quarter but that I don’t believe would roll correctly. It looks like it works for March but then in April it would give me April, July, August, and Sept.

Any thoughts?
  • March 24, 2010

I am trying to install the Force.com IDE on in Eclipse and I get this error.  Any ideas?

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Deployment 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.deployment 16.0.0.200906151227) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide [3.3.0,3.5.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
    To: com.salesforce.ide.deployment [16.0.0.200906151227]

• October 02, 2009

I have three fields that 99% of the time I will want the data to be cloned/copied to three other fields.

What I want is to be able to click a button to do this automatically rather than having to type

the information again?

Is there an easy way to do this?

Michael

Message Edited by MichaelAB on 07-23-2009 09:41 AM
Is there a way to default the 'Send Notification Email' checkbox to unchecked when using the Log a Call button?
  • April 27, 2009

I want to validate that a custom field is populated when a certain subtype is picked and the case status is changed to closed.  I have the rule below but it is not working.  What am I missing?

AND (
AND(
ISPICKVAL( SubType__c , "Replacements/Repairs/COQ Investigation"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed")),
( KI_Replacement_Order__c <> "" ))

• February 09, 2009
I am creating a custom button on the Account Opportunity Related list to create a new Opportunity.  I am bringing over a couple of fields to the new Opportunity.  Below is the info I have but it is not working.  I cannot get my URL return value right.  I click on Save and it give me a Page Cannot Be Displayed error.  Also,  I can't get my sales rep to pre populate.

Can you help?

https://na3.salesforce.com//006/e?retURL=%2F006%2Fo
&opp4_lkid={!Account.Id}
&opp4={!Account.Name}
&00N50000001Zixg={!Account.Market_Code__c}
&00N50000001ZiyJ={!Account.Sales_Rep__c}
&00N50000001aZCQ={!Account.KI_Customer__c}
&00N50000001Ziyd={!Account.District__c}
&/0065000000AKTzJ/e?retURL=%2F0065000000AKTzJ
  • February 12, 2008
I am trying to make a validation rule to have a the Customer PO (text field) required if a certain picklist is used.  This formula below is not working and I don't know why.

AND (ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Won"),
ISNULL(Customer_PO__c))

Can you help?

• October 24, 2007