• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a need to design a custom form in Salesforce and don't know how to do it.

I am not talking here about a simple 2 column Salesforce page layout but a multi-column, multi-row form.  The functionality is a timesheet where each row represents a project a user is working on and the columns represent the hours worked on each day of the week.

Underlying the form are individual salesforce timesheet records for each "cell" (e.g. the hours worked on "Project X" on Tuesday, the hours worked on "Project Y" on Wednesday etc.).  These individual timesheet records already exist in our Salesforce org (uploaded from a corporate timesheeting system).  What I am essentially trying to do is to put a front end on the data maintenance of the timesheet records.

What I am trying to replicate is similar to this screenshot https://www.salesforce.com/web-common/assets/doccache/MultiForceDir/01530000000F2l7AAC.gif.

Can anyone help with ideas?

Is this something I develop in Java/HTML.  We are on Enterprise Edition of Salesforce and I will shrtly be purchasing Apex code so I have reasonable access to develop stuff.  I suspect VisualForce would do this form me but I (a) can't wait for that and (b) probably can't justify the cost!

Any pointers/advice welcomed.

Regards,
Gordon.

I have a need to report on approval processes.  For example, I want to know with which users certain records are for approval and when they were assigned.  This is to allow me to proactively chase up approvals that have become "stuck" and show, by user, where the bottlenecks are.

Salesforce does not provide access to the Approval History object so I am unable to create a report (and therefore a dashboard) that does this.  I am surprised that this is not a common requirement (how often do your approvals get stuck with someone?!).  I have been round the houses on this with PS&A and the best solution I have come up with is as follows:

(1)  Create 2 custom fields on my object called "Current Approver" and "Date Assigned"
(2)  Maintain these fields via Field updates on the Approval/Reject actions in the workflow approval steps
(3)  Report on the 2 custom fields

There are issues with this approach:
(1)  We have approval processes where the steps are conditional.  As such, the only way to populate these fields is to replicate the conditional logic in the field update in the preceding step.  This makes maintaining the process cumbersome
(2)  Reassignment of approvals cannot be captured (not a huge issue, but an issue)

Whilst I am sure I can make this solution work, it is not very elegant.  I am looking for something better.  Can anyone help?  Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance,
Gordon.

I need to create a custom button on a custom object ("Signoff") that copies data from a related record on another custom object ("Delivery Project").

Every "Signoff" is related to a "Delivery Project" via a standard lookup. What I would like is a button called "Get Baseline" that, when pressed, copies the data from various fields from the related Delivery project record to the equivalent fields in the Signoff record. I have placed the following Java code in a custom button I have already created but, not being a Java person, this is not working:

{!Signoff__c.Previous_Delivery_Date__c} = {!Delivery_Project__c.Baseline_Delivery_Date__c}

I suspect I need to do something around matching record_IDs but any code fragments that you could post to assist me would be much appreciated.

Is it possible to do what I am trying. Can you assist?

Regards,
Gordon.

Is there any way to define a custom global variable (or re-purpose an existing global variable)?  The issue we have is that we have a large number of reports (c. 40) that refer to a certain date.  That date needs to be changed each week after we have done some manual data loading using data loader.  Our current process is that one of our users manually goes into each report, changes the date and saves the report.  This is a time consuming process and error prone.

A better solution would be to have a global variable defined that is referenced by the reports and then each week they simply need to change the value of that global variable.

Has anyone come across this sort of requirement before or have any ideas how this could be achived?  The date is actually referenced in both the filter criteria and the timerame criteria of the reports.  However, even if the solution fixed one of those that would be very helpful.

I look forward to any advice you can offer.

Thanks!
Gordon.
I have a need to rollup data from one custom object (timesheet) to multiple master objects. I already have a Master-Detail with one custom object (Delivery Project) but need to achieve the same rollup summary information to other custom objects (e.g. Resources, Timesheet Header etc.). I know that this is not possible through the main application front end as you can only have one Master-Detail relationship but it should be possibe using S-Controls or Apex code. Has anyone had experience of doing this and can point me in the right direction? This is my first post so please be gentle! Regards, Gordon Anderson
Is there any way in the native UI to get a list of all pending approvals?  (In this case, it's a custom object that we're concerned with.)

I know we can get a list of pending approvals to show up on the Home screen for those users who are part of the approval queue.  However, those users who submitted approvals would also like to be able to see at a glance which are still waiting for approval.

It would be fine to do this as a List or Report, but I don't see how.

Thanks much!

• November 28, 2007

I need to create a custom button on a custom object ("Signoff") that copies data from a related record on another custom object ("Delivery Project").

Every "Signoff" is related to a "Delivery Project" via a standard lookup. What I would like is a button called "Get Baseline" that, when pressed, copies the data from various fields from the related Delivery project record to the equivalent fields in the Signoff record. I have placed the following Java code in a custom button I have already created but, not being a Java person, this is not working:

{!Signoff__c.Previous_Delivery_Date__c} = {!Delivery_Project__c.Baseline_Delivery_Date__c}

I suspect I need to do something around matching record_IDs but any code fragments that you could post to assist me would be much appreciated.

Is it possible to do what I am trying. Can you assist?

Regards,
Gordon.

We currently have two different sales groups and processes in our org, and need to separate salesforce in two different databases.
However, we are still wondering is that really the only way to do it?!

Very rarely do we interact with the same accounts, and if we do we don't use the same contacts. We might just like to know if the Account is the current client of that other sales group, but not more than that. In a same time we would like to keep our database neatly since we use it for bigger marketing programs, and many other reasons.
How is it possible to divide the two? We are already using many different record types, and page layouts, but any further configuration gets more complicated since there and always more and more steps to go through etc.

Thanks for ANY feedback.

Is there any way to define a custom global variable (or re-purpose an existing global variable)?  The issue we have is that we have a large number of reports (c. 40) that refer to a certain date.  That date needs to be changed each week after we have done some manual data loading using data loader.  Our current process is that one of our users manually goes into each report, changes the date and saves the report.  This is a time consuming process and error prone.

A better solution would be to have a global variable defined that is referenced by the reports and then each week they simply need to change the value of that global variable.

Has anyone come across this sort of requirement before or have any ideas how this could be achived?  The date is actually referenced in both the filter criteria and the timerame criteria of the reports.  However, even if the solution fixed one of those that would be very helpful.

I look forward to any advice you can offer.

Thanks!
Gordon.
I have a need to rollup data from one custom object (timesheet) to multiple master objects. I already have a Master-Detail with one custom object (Delivery Project) but need to achieve the same rollup summary information to other custom objects (e.g. Resources, Timesheet Header etc.). I know that this is not possible through the main application front end as you can only have one Master-Detail relationship but it should be possibe using S-Controls or Apex code. Has anyone had experience of doing this and can point me in the right direction? This is my first post so please be gentle! Regards, Gordon Anderson
Is there a way to add a custom button that automatically creates a new record in specific object.

For example:
I created a new custom object called "Invoices". I want to create a new button on the opportunity form that once clicked on- creates a new record on the "Inovices" custom object- using the data from the current opportunity record.

Is it possible to do such thing using Javascript?

Thanks,
Eyal
I am trying to stop duplication of user information for our company. Unfourtunately when editing a new case you can only lookup a contact name or account name. I have inserted a custom lookup field called Lead and associated it with Leads. I now want some function to be able to convert that Lead to a Contact right within a case edit. Maybe an S-Control button? Does anyone have any ideas how to go about this? I do not know my way around creating S-controls.
Thanks for any help offered.