• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi--
This morning I received instructions for a new URL to reach the SF home page, which I have activated in my browsers, etc. However, now the maildrop no longer works. What must I change and where, to get things working again? Many thanks in advance--
Tanis
  • December 07, 2007
Hello-I just downloaded maildrop and I thank you for what looks like a very valuable tool. I cannot get SF to attach my emails to an opportunity; only an account. I run through the process the same way: choose email >> click onto applescript icon >> choose "add email to SF.com" >> grab the contact in the "who" pane >> make sure opportunity is checked >> click "add email"...a SF window opens up with my mail, under "task detail". Then when I go into the opportunity to double check if the message arrived, there is no sign of it.

When I do the same to route a message to "account" it works, but I need to store my correspondance in "opportunities." What am I doing wrong?

A few more questions--
+ Can I send the mail to SF at the same time I am sending it to a client? When I try I get an error saying my Entourage cannot "display name of address of recipient 1".
+ Can attached docs travel through maildrop?

Sorry for the long post. And thanks.
TK
  • November 09, 2007
Hi--
This morning I received instructions for a new URL to reach the SF home page, which I have activated in my browsers, etc. However, now the maildrop no longer works. What must I change and where, to get things working again? Many thanks in advance--
Tanis
  • December 07, 2007
Hello-I just downloaded maildrop and I thank you for what looks like a very valuable tool. I cannot get SF to attach my emails to an opportunity; only an account. I run through the process the same way: choose email >> click onto applescript icon >> choose "add email to SF.com" >> grab the contact in the "who" pane >> make sure opportunity is checked >> click "add email"...a SF window opens up with my mail, under "task detail". Then when I go into the opportunity to double check if the message arrived, there is no sign of it.

When I do the same to route a message to "account" it works, but I need to store my correspondance in "opportunities." What am I doing wrong?

A few more questions--
+ Can I send the mail to SF at the same time I am sending it to a client? When I try I get an error saying my Entourage cannot "display name of address of recipient 1".
+ Can attached docs travel through maildrop?

Sorry for the long post. And thanks.
TK
  • November 09, 2007
I'm trying to install Maildrop for a client using Mac Mail.  I've done this successfully with Entourage, but I cannot figure it out Mac Mail.

The big issue is that I cannot locate the plug in when in Mac Mail.

What am I missing?

Can some one send a screen shot, or a step-by-step.  PocketSoap website didn't have what i needed.

Thank you.

-andrew
I've built a number of OSX app's that integrate with Salesforce.com, all of them are free.

Maildrop - easily copy emails from Mail.app or Entourage to Salesforce
Trapdoor - manage all your saleforce logins on the keychain and quickly login as any of them.
SoqlXplorer - a developer to explore your salesforce.com schema, and try out queries, generate schema reports.
ZKSFoirce - an open source Cocoa library for the Salesforce.com API

Still Beta
SF3 - synchronized contact, events & tasks between salesforce and addressbook / iCal
Quicksilver plugin - quickly search and upload documents to saleforce.com from Quicksilver.
sfdcFuse - using macFuse, mount your salesforce.com document repository as a real OSX volume.

Comments & Suggestions welcome.

• March 09, 2007